Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Bird and Lebron passing video

I remember a thread on here comparing the passing skills between the two with many arguing that Bird made passes that lebron couldn't do. I ran across this video

Can LeBron make the same kind of passes as Larry Bird?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3EWmeFrSNM

The above is indisputable evidence that Larry Bird is a superior passer to LeBron James. Watch all these passes Larry Bird pulls off that LeBron could never dream of duplicating. This video is simply the nail in the coffin.

This actually a troll video (notice the Ether beat? lol ) answering those who think along those lines

Default Re: Bird and Lebron passing video

It's difficult to compare elite passers, honestly. You can easily see the difference between a good, a very good, and an elite passer, but between elite passers it gets complicated. They're all capable of pulling off pretty much any pass... the only difference is usually how risk averse they are (for instance, Magic had lower risk awareness than John Stockton, leading to lots of spectacular passes but also more turnovers), the team's tempo, and the opportunities they get. Jason Kidd could've made all those passes as well.

Good video. There was a thread a few months back where this was discussed. one guys posted some videos of bird passes and then everyone started calling him better than lebron as a passer.When i posted in the same thread with some good videos, no one bothered to reply.
    I respect Bird more than lebron because he didn't have the body lebron has I also hate lebron because he tries to show false modesty after that 2011 failure but you have to go by what player does on the court to rank them as players.
    bird also played on a more stacked team for most of his career. As much as people hate lebron for playing on a stacked team, bird's celtics were more stacked than current heat for many years.
    Also, These types of passes that people consider easy are probably some of the hardest passes of all time and he makes them on regular basis.
    Last edited by Rose'sACL; 10-06-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Nice video

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

Lebron is better at passing the ball off the rim to the other team (aka bricks). So if that counts, then yes Lebron is better at passing (bricks) than Bird.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    Also, These types of passes that people consider easy are probably some of the hardest passes of all time and he makes them on regular basis.
    agreed

2 other nice passes

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Miller for 3
    Lebron is better at passing the ball off the rim to the other team (aka bricks). So if that counts, then yes Lebron is better at passing (bricks) than Bird.
    I'm pretty sure that LeBron put up a higher fg% last year than bird ever did

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased_one
    I'm pretty sure that LeBron put up a higher fg% last year than bird ever did
    Stacked team in a league with no handchecking, defensive 3 seconds, more 3pt shooters, players hiding out of bounds, no PED testing, and refs gifting allstar FT attempts.....I'd say shooting 30% in the 80s = shooting 55% in today's league

It is virtually unanimous consensus among hoops aficionados that Bird had at the very least slightly better vision and reflexes for getting a pass off than Lebron - his assists aren't inflated because he wasn't as dominant on the ball as Lebron, but he was the better passer. Show a child a Larry Bird passing video, and a Lebron passing video and the child is going to go "whoahhhhhh" a lot more often in the Larry Bird video. He had more creativity, awareness and his passes looked much more difficult to execute. This has been discussed a couple of hundred times already, all leading to the same consensus at the end. Bird was the better passer, Lebron just has more assists because he is ball dominant. Not really that difficult to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    It is virtually unanimous consensus among hoops aficionados that Bird had at the very least slightly better vision and reflexes for getting a pass off than Lebron - his assists aren't inflated because he wasn't as dominant on the ball as Lebron, but he was the better passer. Show a child a Larry Bird passing video, and a Lebron passing video and the child is going to go "whoahhhhhh" a lot more often in the Larry Bird video. He had more creativity, awareness and his passes looked much more difficult to execute. This has been discussed a couple of hundred times already, all leading to the same consensus at the end. Bird was the better passer, Lebron just has more assists because he is ball dominant. Not really that difficult to understand.
    2010 was 3 years ago. let it go. it is only a game. You'll live a better life if you do this. You might even start watching NBA games that happened after wilt retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    2010 was 3 years ago. let it go. it is only a game. You'll live a better life if you do this. You might even start watching NBA games that happened after wilt retired.
    Why do Lebron fans always fall back on the same tired come backs when they know they are incorrect about something? Is it a bad thing to not quite be the same caliber of passer as Larry freaking Bird, really? Bird is a candidate for the greatest passing non-guard of all time, yet your quick to attempt to insult people who point out that he was better at it than Lebron - who is easily acknowledged by me and others as the CURRENT best passing non-guard in the NBA (nothing to be ashamed of at all).

Agreed.

Not far by any means but Bird was the better passer (and player, at their best, also). Anyone that has seen enough of both and knows basketball can tell.

Very identical (not because of that video, i have seen an unhealthy amount of games from both), but Lebron seems to have some extra snap on his passes with even less effort, dont know if it has to do with strength or technique but with a single flick of his wrist the ball is shot like out of a cannon & its dead accurate, other players have to heave/swing the ball like a baseball pitch to get it to that speed... this is what allows him to zip the ball through defenders right into the hands of a teammate, defender doesnt even have time to react to deflect the ball... like this pass at 8:42 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT-zhe-5ORA Its definitely not a pass i have seen Bird do at same apex, only Magic perhaps....
    Last edited by pauk; 10-06-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Very identical, but Lebron seems to have some extra snap on his passes with even less effort, dont know if it has to do with strength or technique but with a single flick of his wrist the ball is shot like out of a cannon & its dead accurate.... this is what allows him to zip the ball through defenders right into the hands of a teammate, defender doesnt even have time to react... like this pass at 8:42 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT-zhe-5ORA Its definitely not a pass you would see Bird do at same apex, only Magic perhaps....
    literally the opposite is true

Why do Lebron fans always fall back on the same tired come backs when they know they are incorrect about something? Is it a bad thing to be a slightly worse passer than Larry Bird, really? Bird is a candidate for the greatest passing non-guard of all time, yet your quick to spit venom at people who point out that he was better at it than Lebron - who is easily acknowledged by me and others as the CURRENT best passing non-guard in the NBA (nothing to be ashamed of at all).
    i wrote that because anyone who has been on this site long enough knows that you're biased just like silk or 9er are biased. they hate lebron/kobe because they love the other player and you hate lebron because well you just hate lebron james.

Also, i wasn't spitting venom. i was just fucking with you but you clearly can't take a joke. I am one of the least biased guys here. My screen name is rose'sACL and i still want bulls or pacers to win east this year and i have never hated on kobe but kobe fans but your hate for lebron has been obvious for a long time now. Every post of yours that isn't about lebron is actually a good one.

Also, why should people agree with you that bird was the better passer even though it is not a bad thing to be slightly worse than bird. why can't you accept that lebron might be equal ot even a little better at passing than bird?

Pace of the game was much quicker in bird days which really makes his passing look even better plus he had a way better front court to pass to for most of his career. I hate silk/tonymontana too but why should james/heat fans always have to be humble to earn respect when guys like you are never humble. you are not humble even when you talk about wilt. first look at yourself and then talk about others spitting venom.