Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: So no talk about how Orlando should've taken Michael Carter-Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by Cermet
    sh1t everyone should have taken Michael Carter williams. I mean what 11 pick? Portland had number 10. And they took McCollum who we knew is over hyped but now we know he is the next Greg Oden, or Roy, or Bowie or every other combustible player. Oladipo looks good enough for Orlando not to cry themselves to sleep over Carter Williams. I mean heck Cleveland took Bennet . And I know it has only been a few games but he doesn't look even near to a top 10 pick . To be honest I don't really see what Cleveland saw in him. I thought maybe he could be SF that Cleveland needs but nobody even dares to put him in a SF talks. So why the hell would you take a PF when you already have Tristan Thompson that is breaking out before you're eyes and when you have a center roatation Verajo , Zeller , Bynum. I mean the rule is if you don't see a high enough pick that would fill the role you need then just pick a player with the most talent. You can trade him you can get assets for him if you can't find a spot for him in your roster.
    They took bennet who doesn't fill a rotation spot they need , neither he is by far the player with the most upside, talent or work ethic. So WTF???

Carter is the sleeper pick even if he is a high 11 th pick. Nobody really saw it coming.
    4 games. That is how much he's played. 4 games.

Default Re: So no talk about how Orlando should've taken Michael Carter-Williams?

I would have taken Olapido at that #2 spot 10 out of 10 times as long as he was there. No question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    4 games. That is how much he's played. 4 games.
    I know but now I'm just wondering what was Cleveland thinking? As I said they certainly did not need a PF . So if the draft is week and there is not clear cut number 1 pick why would take Bennet ? Why not a SG that they can stretch to a SF why not a SG or PG even if they are stacked in that position heck they can trade.
    Are they saying and are you saying that Bennet is really the player with the most upside, talent and all that?

Drafting PGs is basically like picking candy from a trick or treat bag without looking hoping you'll get your favorite one

U don't know what you will get. If its that easy than Flynn and Felton wouldn't been drafted so high