Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Would you trade your team's best player for the top pick in 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Yes I would trade Steve Blake or Jordan Hill for top pick in 2014
    Would you trade Kobe?

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Would you trade Kobe?
    At this point of his career, yes but I know I am minority on that. I am a Laker fan that just want the Lakers to be relevant I can careless if its with Kobe or whoever.

Banned

At this point of his career, yes but I know I am minority on that. I am ready for a new face.
    Any Laker fan that says no to it isn't really a Laker fan but a Kobe fan. It's as simple as that.

At this point of his career, yes but I know I am minority on that. I am a Laker fan that just want the Lakers to be relevant I can careless if its with Kobe or whoever.
    you're not alone, trust me. even the kobe loyalists would give him up for a top 3 pick this year

KOBE WOULD UNDERSTAND

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Kyrie has injury issues and has only one transcendent ability and that is scoring. I'd even take the third pick over him.
    He's 21 years old and you've already put a cap on his current and potential abilities? That's odd, because I've seen every Cavs game while he's been a member of the team and I still don't really have any clue how he'll end up when he's in his prime. I know this... his playmaking has improved quite a bit this season. Assists are way up... turnovers were down (prior to Saturday).

And, rebounds were way up too.

Believe it or not, guys 21-year-old guys who average 21+ points, 7 assists and 4 rebounds, and who are amongst the league leaders in crunch time scoring their rookie and sophomore years are not all that common in this league.

Pretty damn rare, actually.

He does have an injury history, but nothing recurring and no knee/leg problems at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

Believe it or not, guys 21-year-old guys who average 21+ points, 7 assists and 4 rebounds, and who are amongst the league leaders in crunch time scoring their rookie and sophomore years are not all that common in this league.

Pretty damn rare, actually.
    Kyrie is my favorite PG in the league. I wouldn't even hesitate in trading him. For all you know, he's the next Tyreke Evans and peaked already and is already in his decline. God knows his season, thus far, hasn't been great.

His draw was his efficiency for his age and position that was unheard of. He no longer even has that.

I hope I'm wrong, but considering he's, at best, a scoring PG, his worth is nowhere near what Wiggins/Randle/Parker might become.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Kyrie is my favorite PG in the league. I wouldn't even hesitate in trading him. For all you know, he's the next Tyreke Evans and peaked already and is already in his decline. God knows his season, thus far, hasn't been great.

His draw was his efficiency for his age and position that was unheard of. He no longer even has that.

I hope I'm wrong, but considering he's, at best, a scoring PG, his worth is nowhere near what Wiggins/Randle/Parker might become.
    He won the 3 point contest is a deadly shooter, one on one unguardable and has the best handles in the league, is clutch (most game winners out of anyone the last 2 years) and most clutch points, and can get to the basket whenever he wants. The only problem with him so far is injuries we will see if he can stay healthy. He is young no GM in the league would trade him for a top 3 pick in this draft unless they wanted to get fired. Him and Anthony Davis are future superstars of this league.

So, you're buying into the "Kyrie isn't efficient" nonsense after 10 games under a new system with a whole new staff and new roster around him. Don't you think that's a bit reactionary?

He's been tested over much larger sample periods and proved to be very efficient for a guard in both years. He just scored 41 points on 14-28 FG, 4-7 3PT and 9-9 FTs. Something tells me he'll be fine. This isn't the first rough shooting patch he has had. It's just the first time it ever happened at the beginning of the season. That's the only reason everyone is freaking out.

You're also underestimating his overall skillset. Over his first 2 years in the NBA, he's shown great versatility in how he scores. Obviously he's a great shooter, but from both long and midrange. He's also shown an ability to finish among the trees at a very high rate for a PG.

Then you have his handle, ability to get anywhere on the floor and change of direction. He's been elite in all these categories. Toss in his production going up at the end of games (a trend that has continued this year) and you have arguably the most intriguing young player in the league. It's amazing how 2 weeks can change perspective that much.

The crazy thing is, the two areas he's been criticized for in the past (rightly so) -- playmaking and defense -- have been the two areas he's focused on the most this season (and it has shown). But, now, everyone is killing him for starting slowly in the areas he's already proven to be deadly in.

He's trying to expand his all-around game and it has led to a slow shooting start. It happens. I don't remember the last guy who was a complete player at 21 (he's 4 years younger than Steph Curry, for some perspective).

Oh, and he was better than any version of Tyreke Evans ever was the moment he stepped on the floor his rookie season.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 11-20-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    So, you're buying into the "Kyrie isn't efficient" nonsense after 10 games under a new system with a whole new staff and new roster around him. Don't you think that's a bit reactionary?

He's been tested over much larger sample periods and proved to be very efficient for a guard in both years. He just scored 41 points on 14-28 FG, 4-7 3PT and 9-9 FTs. Something tells me he'll be fine. This isn't the first rough shooting patch he has had. It's just the first time it ever happened at the beginning of the season. That's the only reason everyone is freaking out.

You're also underestimating his overall skillset. Over his first 2 years in the NBA, he's shown great versatility in how he scores. Obviously he's a great shooter, but from both long and midrange. He's also shown an ability to finish among the trees at a very high rate for a PG.

Then you have his handle, ability to get anywhere on the floor and change of direction. He's been elite in all these categories. Toss in his production going up at the end of games (a trend that has continued this year) and you have arguably the most intriguing young player in the league. It's amazing how 2 weeks can change perspective that much.

The crazy thing is, the two areas he's been criticized for in the past (rightly so) -- playmaking and defense -- have been the two areas he's focused on the most this season (and it has shown). But, now, everyone is killing him for starting slowly in the areas he's already proven to be deadly in.

He's trying to expand his all-around game and it has led to a slow shooting start. It happens a d I don't remember the last guy who was a complete player at 21 (he's 4 years younger than Steph Curry, for some perspective).

But seriously, you need to calm the **** down.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Hell yes. Will send Carmelo packing with no hesitation.

I wouldn't trade the following

LeBron (Chance of Parker/Wiggins becoming as good as LeBron is about 0, already top 10 all time)
    Durant (Contender, Parker/Wiggins best case scenario is Durant level player)
    Davis (As elite an prospect as either)
    Irving (As elite an prospect as either, literally the PG version of Jabari Parker)
    Paul (28 year old, team is strong contender)
    George (Assuming he cools down just slightly, might be the 2nd best two way player in the NBA)
    Harden(24 year old superstar on contender)
    Dwight (27 year old, best player at position on tender)

Yes, but gonna be questionable
    Curry (Legendary shooter already, but has history of injury, not quite a two way player)
    Melo (Had not had success in career, picking Parker is like restarting your franchise with higher basketball IQ Melo)
    Griffin (Monkey ball is not winning basketball)
    Boogie (Not quite sure if he can sustain production)

Tough. Curry is a great player.

Tyreke was never efficient. Tyreke never displayed offensive skills that Kyrie has demonstrated. Irving is the most talented offensive guard in the league right now (Kobe is injured/gonna retire).

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    I wouldn't trade the following

LeBron (Chance of Parker/Wiggins becoming as good as LeBron is about 0, already top 10 all time)
    Durant (Contender, Parker/Wiggins best case scenario is Durant level player)
    Davis (As elite an prospect as either)
    Irving (As elite an prospect as either, literally the PG version of Jabari Parker)
    Paul (28 year old, team is strong contender)
    George (Assuming he cools down just slightly, might be the 2nd best two way player in the NBA)
    Harden(24 year old superstar on contender)
    Dwight (27 year old, best player at position on tender)

Yes, but gonna be questionable
    Curry (Legendary shooter already, but has history of injury, not quite a two way player)
    Melo (Had not had success in career, picking Parker is like restarting your franchise with higher basketball IQ Melo)
    Griffin (Monkey ball is not winning basketball)
    Boogie (Not quite sure if he can sustain production)

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101

But seriously, you need to calm the **** down.
    I couldn't be any less calm. Do you see me comparing Irving to lions or some other whacky analogy that doesn't make any sense? I thought we were having a civilized conversation. No anger involved.

I do tend to be long-winded, but as far as I know, long-winded =/= being mad.