Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

Default Re: For the good of the NBA, shouldn't some of these teams stop tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I'm not saying there was no reason for Utah to rebuild. But what I hope you realize is that tanking can and in Utah's case is part of the rebuilding process for a lot of teams. It just doesn't seem to me that the Jazz did anything to improve in the offseason.

In the case of Ellis, he doesn't make Utah a Champ by himself (no one does) but he would have made the team better. In the right situation like most good players he could be part of a Championship formula, to answer your question.

And I'm not saying the players are coaches are part of the tank. That's almost never done, as far as I know. But when a team doesn't improve the roster, just let's talent walk and goes into a season with Gordon Hayward as the best player? That's how a front office tanks.
    Popavich the year before they drafted Duncan. That was blatant tank job. Pure genius though, but a tank job.

Default Re: For the good of the NBA, shouldn't some of these teams stop tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    The thing is that when you have the chance to get a sure fire hall of famer and certain franchise player like Wiggins you need to do whatever it takes to get him