Default Re: Official 2014 FIBA World Cup Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    The Phillipines didn't even qualify

You're talking about Honduras? They're not even in the same group as Greece
    http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/14/...9/article.html

Philippines are in Greece's group.

Also read and weep:
    Greece (FIBA Ranking: No. 5)
    Greece continue to have an outstanding backcourt led by 31-year-old Vassilis Spanoulis

If Olympiacos players don't participate I'll be rooting against Greece. Who are Philippine's major stars? Where can I get their jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by Oly BC
    http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/14/...9/article.html

Philippines are in Greece's group.

Also read and weep:

If Olympiacos players don't participate I'll be rooting against Greece. Who are Philippine's major stars? Where can I get their jerseys?
    What I think is funny is how on every site PAO only fans are listing the national team with all the NBA players and acting like they don't care that Olympiacos players won't play........

Someone needs to inform these brain dead idiots that if the federation won't pay for the insurance for Olympiacos players, then they sure the hell won't pay the insurance for NBA players.

NBA teams demand the insurance also or never ever let their players play either. And the federation is refusing to pay for anyone's insurance. Whether they just don't have the money, or they are just being ***** or because they are just psychos, or whatever, but these clowns are all acting like the NBA players will play without even grasping they can't play either without insurance.

Of course at some point someone in the media will "suggest" that Diamantidis should play (not like he could even do anything anyway, because without Greek refs, he's a washed up has been), and he will say, "I have to lay on the beach with my wife and swim and fish and drink cocktails", like every other year.

Then he won't get suspended. Then some other players will get suspended. Of course it also won't be the NBA players....

The funny thing is though, the media and the journalists which Giannakopoulos owns and pays their salaries, they won't be able to blame any losses on anyone but the "vastly superior Panathinaikos players".

Funny how this will all backfire on them.

Since Jankovic and Bramos and Fotsis and all these guys are clearly so "superior" because obviously Panathinaikos is such a "superior" team and wins every year "fair and square", then it only makes perfect since that PAO players should just be the whole national team.

And that then the result should be at least a bronze medal. I mean after all, Panathinaikos players are as we know basically invincible. What is it now something like 10 championships in 12 years?

Surely, since clearly they are without any doubt much superior by far (as is proven every year in the Greek finals), a guaranteed medal is forthcoming now that the national team is basically going to be nothing but Panathinaikos players.

How could Greece possibly lose if Panathinaikos is playing? I mean hell, considering the incredible domination in Greece, the national team of PAO players should actually easily win the tournament undefeated and the get the gold medal, beating USA rather easily in the final.

This is only logical, considering the basic fact that PAO's players have been absolutely unbeatable in Greece for literally decades now, and it has all been "fair and square". It's the greatest dynasty in world basketball history after all.

Can't wait to finally see it, the dream come true, the Panathinaikos national team.

Maybe Pappas can lead the tournament in scoring, since he is so fresh from not playing all season. I mean after all, all the PAO only fans claim he is going to be "the next Diamantidis", after "Diamantidis retires"........

In other words, he will be the new player the Greek refs turn into Superman supposedly...that's the plan. Well, maybe the "new Superman" can be unleashed early at the 2014 FIBA World Cup.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-03-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Serious playground baller

Americans sensing an embarassment coming their way in the FIBA world cup, try to joke around it by mixing it up with the FIFA world cup (where another embarassment is also coming their way).

You can't use football to joke around, it's sacrilege. It's like me using nascar or whatever backwards sport you're nation's into. What's that thing with the bats called again?

Ah yeah, amateur webcams.

Good High School Starter gabepizza's Avatar

Americans sensing an embarassment coming their way in the FIBA world cup, try to joke around it by mixing it up with the FIFA world cup (where another embarassment is also coming their way).

You can't use football to joke around, it's sacrilege. It's like me using nascar or whatever backwards sport you're nation's into. What's that thing with the bats called again?

Greeks are the kings of embarassments. Two 11th place finishes sandwiched inbetween being eliminated by Nigeria.

No matter how bad Greece does this year they can't do any worse then then they have done with Spanoulis lately.

I'm not even American, dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    I'm not even American, dumbass
    Tell me your nationality so I could insult it then, don't just facepalm.

Team USA will walk its way to championship, theres gonna be little to no contest along the way.

I'm German

...and you can't insult much there since I'm not emotional about national pride and all that bullshit.

He's one of the Golden Dawn members from interbasket that only comes here to troll about Spanoulis and Greece. One of the Panathinaikos only fans from interbasket.

He probably lives in Nea Kifisia or Marousi area or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He's one of the Golden Dawn members from interbasket that only comes here to troll about Spanoulis and Greece. One of the Panathinaikos only fans from interbasket.

Hey buddy

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

euroleague in meltdown mode because his beloved spanoulis and olympiacos lost to panathinaikos yet again in the greek league finals

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague

That or I was being sarcastic. Golden Dawn members can't spell in greek let alone english.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    euroleague in meltdown mode because his beloved spanoulis and olympiacos lost to panathinaikos yet again in the greek league finals
    Yeah Lithuanian Maciulis led Panathinaikos to the victory in Greek finals

so who is the USA sending to compete in this thing? is nick young gonna be in it? if so, he should be enough to carry the team to a victory considering he's playing against 5'8 international scrubs