Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who Was Jordan's Greatest Adversary?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    The hell are you laughing at? Magic, and Kobe have both had horrendous Finals.
    Kobe has 1 bad finals where he was coming off two surgeries and taking IV's for exhaustion because of legal issues and not being in shape.

Magic has had horrendous finals?? Uhh check the stats you clown.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Bron in '11 Finals: 17.8 PPG

Starks in '94 Finals: 17.7 PPG

Pathetic
    Getting outplayed by a bench-riding midget and putting up the same PPG as a grocery bagger in the finals?

GOAT indeed.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Lebron went 17-7-7 in the 2011 finals. He underperformed, but he played 1000 times better than the likes of Terry and Barea. It is simply ignorance to actually thing he was outplayed by role players. Terry could only dream of going 17-7-7 in the playoffs let alone the finals.

Jordan missed lost in the first round 3 times. Lebron has never lost in the first round.
    Its simply ignorance to assume that stats tell the whole story. Whatever the case, I don't care if he was outplayed or not. The fact that its actually a conversation shows pathetic that performance it was. And with that being the case, the OP is an idiot for bringing up this topic. Lebron was literally getting embarrassed by players of the same caliber that the OP is trying to dog .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Kobe has 1 bad finals where he was coming off two surgeries and taking IV's for exhaustion because of legal issues and not being in shape.

What were Kobe's Finals stats again? I think it rivals Jordan.

1984 Finals? For a Laker fan you sure don't know a lot about the history of the Lakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ1bd2g3p1Y

Magic didn't, I was confusing his Tragic Johnson game for being a bad series all together. It wasn't. Stand corrected But Bryant? Kobe's 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2010 Finals all aren't particularly good. No excuses, they were bad.

Magic didn't, I was confusing his Tragic Johnson game for being a bad series all together. It wasn't. Stand corrected But Bryant? Kobe's 2000, 2004, 2008, and 2010 Finals all aren't particularly good. No excuses, they were bad.
    Kobe got injured in the middle of the 2000 finals and still had one of the legendary finals performances in game 4.

I already explained 2004.

He was playing on one knee in 2010 and still led the Lakers over one of best defenses/most stacked teams in league history.

You're just exposing your age. I doubt you even watched 90's ball, much less 80's.

2000 he played on a badly sprained ankle and still made a huge difference on the road with Shaq fouled out in OT, 2008 and 2010 he went up against 2 of the greatest defensive teams ever and had decent games, 2010 people like to look at Game 7 but he delivered in the big moments and did well enough to win the series.

Bad series are those in which the player does not come through and the team loses due to the fact. Lakers won the title in 2000 and 2010 so I could care less how well Kobe shot the ball because we won , only the haters are going to make a deal out of it.

College superstar

magic and bird, but they were busy winning titles in a better league(something jordan couldnt do until they were retired / outta their prime).

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    magic and bird, but they were busy winning titles in a better era(something jordan couldnt do until they were retired / outta their prime).
    so it's MJ's fault he was 21 years of age when Bird & Magic were in their absolute primes? defeating Magic in the Finals and having his best Finals series of his career is also nothing, right?

Kobe got injured in the middle of the 2000 finals and still had one of the legendary finals performances in game 4.

He was playing on one knee in 2010 and still led the Lakers over one of best defenses/most stacked teams in league history.

You're just exposing your age. I doubt you even watched 90's ball, much less 80's.
    I didn't watch 80's ball. At least not the Laker v.s. Celtics years. I caught the tail end of it. I was there for the duration of the 90s. You're exposing yourself with the Vanessa Bryant level defense of Kobe.

Like most Kobe apostles you're making excuses. Excuses to validate why they think Kobe's the greatest, as opposed to celebrating his success.

Jordan's bad Finals? 1996? He shot poorly. Plain, and simple. You don't see me making a ton of excuses for him. If Kobe was good enough to get on the floor, he can perform.

Good college starter

That was Gasol.

College superstar

samuraiswish is actually a kobe fan looking for jordan fans' approval.

tell em "The Mamba"

I didn't watch 80's ball. At least not the Laker v.s. Celtics years. I caught the tail end of it. I was there for the duration of the 90s. You're exposing yourself with the Vanessa Bryant level defense of Kobe.

Like most Kobe apostles you're making excuses. Excuses to validate why they think Kobe's the greatest, as opposed to celebrating his success.

Jordan's bad Finals? 1996? He shot poorly. Plain, and simple. You don't see me making a ton of excuses for him. If Kobe was good enough to get on the floor, he can perform.
    Kobe shot poorly in 2010, so what? If the team wins the series it doesn't matter.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    so it's MJ's fault he was 21 years of age when Bird & Magic were in their absolute primes? defeating Magic in the Finals and having his best Finals series of his career is also nothing, right?
    ya. against bird in the 87 playoffs, he shot a miserable 41%.

no pippen = first round exit