Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: Miami's road to the Finals: Charlotte, Toronto and Washington/Atlanta

ill just copy and paste..
    lol @ people still shitting on miami.
    Knicks/Nets/Bulls/Pacers were supposed to be good and teams like the cavs and the wizards were supposed to be sleeper teams.
    its not the heat's fault that they all underachieved. if we want to play this game, then I could say that miami has the hardest playoff run ever, beating teams that could beat a team with multiple allstars and future HOf in the nets, and the east are so strong that even a melo led team cnat make it to the playoffs. Im just saying~stop arguing how easy it is for miami, they are back to back champs, even if they are not in the west they deserve the benefit of the doubt..

Default Re: Miami's road to the Finals: Charlotte, Toronto and Washington/Atlanta

When did Toronto and especially Atlanta win their series? Have I missed something?

Atlanta is by far the worst team in this year's Playoffs and a series ain't over till it's over. Stop this premature threads, same shit every year.

Pacers, Brooklyn might still make it. Besides, if you thought the Pacers had a chance to beat the Heat... then why wouldn't the team that beat the Pacers over a 7 game series have a chance too? Atlanta is potentially a Cinderella story in the making.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

@ those teams.

Stacked as fvck, yet they still get to cake walk to the finals.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    1987 Lakers (Regarded as one of the greatest teams of all time) road to the finals:

Denver 37-45: -1.14 SRS
    Golden State 42-40: -2.53 SRS
    Seattle 39-43: 0.08 SRS

2014 Miami Heat theoretical path to the finals:

Charlotte 43-39: -0.89 SRS
    Toronto 48-34: 2.55 SRS
    Washington 44-38: 0.48 SRS

If you think 10 years from now anybody will care about how "easy" the Heat's path was/is you're an idiot.
    The Heat's Eastern Conference playoff run, based solely on the regular season records of their potential opponents, would not be much different than the Bulls first title run in '91.

Knicks- 39-43
    76rs- 44-38
    Pistons- 50-31

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    1987 Lakers (Regarded as one of the greatest teams of all time) road to the finals:

Denver 37-45: -1.14 SRS
    Golden State 42-40: -2.53 SRS
    Seattle 39-43: 0.08 SRS

2014 Miami Heat theoretical path to the finals:

Charlotte 43-39: -0.89 SRS
    Toronto 48-34: 2.55 SRS
    Washington 44-38: 0.48 SRS

If you think 10 years from now anybody will care about how "easy" the Heat's path was/is you're an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    The Heat's Eastern Conference playoff run, based solely on the regular season records of their potential opponents, would not be much different than the Bulls first title run in '91.

Knicks- 39-43
    76rs- 44-38
    Pistons- 50-31
    these two posts bring in ether

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    these two posts bring in ether
    I don't see how. Those are two of the easiest routes to the finals ever. It actually makes the point...these last two years are extremely easy routes to the finals.

It doesn't cheapen the rings or anything like that...it just needs to be pointed out. It's just a night/day difference between conferences right now.

Also, the 91 Pistons are twice as good as any team currently in the East. So I wouldn't laugh them off. They were a lot better than their 50 win regular season as well...Isiah missed like half the season in 91 iirc.

If the Pacers don't get to the ECF...the Heat will have back to back finals appearances without beating 1 50 win team. That is absurdly easy.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 05-01-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I don't see how. Those are two of the easiest routes to the finals ever. It actually makes the point...these last two years are extremely easy routes to the finals.

It doesn't cheapen the rings or anything like that...it just needs to be pointed out. It's just a night/day difference between conferences right now.

Also, the 91 Pistons are twice as good as any team currently in the East. So I wouldn't laugh them off. They were a lot better than their 50 win regular season as well...Isiah missed like half the season in 91 iirc.
    Yeah it's not a knock on Miami. Not their fault.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Miami aren't bothered but yeah this is why we need top 16 teams in the playoffs
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    Lebron is still an all time talent. He took the easy way to a ring or whatever. He may not be a Duncan or Shaq but the dude is still great. No need to hate. Appreciate the game you love.
    Yeah. Duncan/Shaq are better but LeBron is still great.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    He is a better player than Duncan ever was. That much is apparent from watching the game.

Shaq is better than both of them.
    Lebron would not stand a chance of beating prime Duncan, assuming similar supporting casts.

That much is apparent from watching the NBA Finals. So, there's no debate here.

Duncan/Shaq is close, but Duncan did more with less.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Lebron would be the goat forward if the Heat wins another championship this year.
    Duncan is the GOAT forward. Again, there's no debate.

Four rings as the first option and defensive anchor, without All NBA - teammates, playing in the Western Conference during the Shaq/Kobe era.

only Player in NBA Playoff history to have over 500 blocks

only Player in NBA Playoff history to have over 1,800 defensive rebounds

only Player in NBA Playoff history to have over 4,500 + pt/ 2,500 + rb / 500 + blk

NBA Playoff record most defensive rebounds in a six-game series

NBA Playoff record most blocks in a six-game series

151 career playoff double-doubles, second most in NBA history only Magic has more (157)

Has the highest winning percentage out of any player of all of the 4 major sports teams in the last 17 years

15 straight seasons with 50 or more wins...

Banned

lmfao at how mad people are at things the Heat cant even controll

The heat will be 12-0 by the time the finals rolls around, if I had to be. We could be seeing an nba record 16-0 playoffs here. The team that comes from the west will be tired and banged up, and the heat will have had a week off before the series.

All of their main competition is on the verge of getting eliminated in the first round. WTF you want them to do? It's not their fault. I wouldn't sleep on Toronto or Washington though.

Quote Originally Posted by trabash
    When did Toronto and especially Atlanta win their series? Have I missed something?

Atlanta is by far the worst team in this year's Playoffs and a series ain't over till it's over. Stop this premature threads, same shit every year.
    Have you seen Atlanta play?

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    The first part is right, but then you fck it up in the second part. Although people don't mean that in the literal sense, but making a point of the level of competition in the 2 conferences.

Dallas, Memphis and Golden State are all better teams, Wiz are really hard to judge right now, they could easily fold up like a bad tent against a team like Miami. Toronto are not built to win a championship now, too young and inexperienced. Brooklyn are the most part old, and blow big leads because of it.
    No team is perfect. I just don't see how Dallas is running Atlanta out of the building. Memphis versus Charlotte would be a defensive struggle for the ages and Brooklyn versus GSW would be an entertaining shootout.

I don't see how any of those teams a part of an upper echelon.

I'd actually take Atlanta over Dallas in 6.