Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Default Re: Stein & Windhorst: Miami planning to chase Melo to create Big 4

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    The rules are irrelevant to the point. At the very least, the Player's Union should make an absolutely massive stink should it happen.
    I don't see anything that anyone could say or do, unless they go into the next CBA negotiations with it. I mean, what would the rule be? "3 star player limit", "Players can't take less than market value"....I don't think there is anything that you can do to stop this. If the players want to take less $, they can.

Even as a Knicks fan, I kinda hope this happens. It would be hilarious. I mean, nothing would typify the modern athlete more than that. Easy way out. lol....

But I have a feeling Melo won't do it. I just don't think that's his style to be 2nd fiddle to Lebron....but who knows.

NBA Superstar

But, But, I thought by making it so only the rich teams could go over the tax the league was helping the small market teams out!

Reminds me of an analogy someone made of Golf expanding the Golf courses to try and make it a more level playing field because of Tiger Woods being able to hit the ball so far. But all this did was but Tiger Woods at an even bigger advantage with everyone else at the disadvantage.

National High School Star

I really want this to happen just cause it'd be hilarious even though its completely cancerous for the league

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    the worst part is all of the top players from this particular draft class all (have now) ended up in the Eastern Conference, so them colluding leaves us with some of the worst basketball I've ever had to witness from the rest of the conference.
    Exactly, we're witnessing (pun intended ) the worst Eastern conference on record. They have 3 franchise players from the East all on 1 team, now they're gunning for a fourth. The East is going to be a barren wasteland. All this to beat a team led by a 38 year old way past prime player?

Absolutely disgusting.

They're making Olympic ball exciting...

I doubt this happens, but if it does it really hampers any talk of "earning" championships. But this reeks of Heat fans seeing the writing on the wall - they're no where as good as they were 3 years ago, and the defense has disappeared. Spurs are gonna beat them, and the media will be a circus - not to mention this place.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Even as a Knicks fan, I kinda hope this happens. It would be hilarious. I mean, nothing would typify the modern athlete more than that. Easy way out. lol....

But I have a feeling Melo won't do it. I just don't think that's his style to be 2nd fiddle to Lebron....but who knows.
    If this happens, Melo would get DESTROYED in the media for bandwagoning to the highest level, I can't imagine anyone taking rings that they could possibly win seriously.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    I don't see anything that anyone could say or do, unless they go into the next CBA negotiations with it. I mean, what would the rule be? "3 star player limit", "Players can't take less than market value"....I don't think there is anything that you can do to stop this. If the players want to take less $, they can.
    There was no rule against the Lakers trading for CP3 while clearing up a bunch of cap space either. The league even told the Hornets management that they had full power to do whatever they wanted with no league intervention.

And we saw how that turned out

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    "Basketball reasons" is the only thing Silver's got and frankly, it should be enough.

Shit.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    If this happens, Melo would get DESTROYED in the media for bandwagoning to the highest level, I can't imagine anyone taking rings that they could possibly win seriously.
    Now explain this to LeBron stans and then they'll finally understand why no one respects the way he went about "competing" to win a title.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    There was no rule against the Lakers trading for CP3 while clearing up a bunch of cap space either. The league even told the Hornets management that they had full power to do whatever they wanted with no league intervention.

And we saw how that turned out
    This has been rehashed a million times, but the only reason that happened was that the Hornets were owned by the league, literally. It was a very special situation.

"Basketball reasons" is a weak and uneducated argument. ISH has really built up this myth.

If that's the case the east would be further depleted as NY would have to go into full on rebuild so you can count them out and there would be no other eastern team that could hang with them on any level. You might as well forget anyone tuning into the eastern conference playoffs.

To be honest this is some new video game shit.

NBA Superstar

I actually hope this happens now. Like really badly want this to happen.

Lets expose LeBron, Wade, and now potentially Melo for being some of the weakest "competitors" that we've ever seen.