Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: Dwight Howard begins recruiting Melo/Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    I don't think Dwight realizes how much his numbers + touches will drop playing with these guys. He'll be regulated to what he didn't wanna be in LA. Rebounder, Paint Defender , Garbage bucket scorer.

He never stop with the contradictions. "I don't wanna play pick and roll"

*goes to Team who runs a primarily Pick and Roll system*

"I don't wanna play with Kobe, I need more touches"

*goes to Team with a Ball dominant SG who can't defend*

Oh you didn't know?

He wanted to go to Houston so he could take 14 shots per game instead of 13

And losing in the first round with Pau, that wasnt enough help to avoid the sweep.

He wanted to team up with a first team all nba player so he could extend his playoff visit to 6 games instead of 4

Why do Rocket fans think they can keep Parsons if Melo signs? You'd need to renounce Parson, remove Lin and Asik.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Are we all just supposed to believe Harden is going to sacrifice being the ball dominant guy for the team just because he did so in OKC? He could have shown that this year with talent on the team and didn't. Houston's offense consisted of Harden playing hot potato with guys until one took a three or he drove in to get a foul.

The team might look good on paper but I don't see this working if it goes down and I'm not sure why Lebron would even think about doing this. Melo? Maybe. If you're Lebron though, this was a first round exit team last year in a tough competitive Western conference. He'd be better off going to Cleveland again in a weaker conference where he's almost guaranteed at least second round. Sorry Rockets fans but I don't see this happening but if you get Melo, more power to you in figuring out how he and Harden will share the ball.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    Not sure if they're "trying to find" these situations. But obviously you would want to put yourself in the best situation to win whether it be a superstar or the 15th man. Basically, what im trying to say is thay I dont think anyone in the nba is going to sign with a trash team so they can try and claw their way to a championship only to never win again. That would be a great story for fans to hear but personally these players arent going to choose THAT over what could potentially be a dynasty..... duh.
    Well, you don't have to go to such extremes that you go to a super team that already has a couple of top 10 players on it or you go to a cellar dweller… There is some in between ground there.

But hey, if you're the type of fan that enjoys gutless superstars, then more power to you. Jordan doesn't join Bird or Magic. Wilt doesn't decide to play with Russell.

Maybe Lebron can join the Clippers to have three top ten players on the same team in their prime. If you take that route, or one similar to it, then it says a lot about his lack of mental toughness.

Harden, Melo, Lebron, Dwight - most hyped/hated team in history. 5 peat or bust.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Why do Rocket fans think they can keep Parsons if Melo signs? You'd need to renounce Parson, remove Lin and Asik.
    They can't comprehend how slighted Parsons is feeling right now, he was supposed to be their guy at the three , first they don't pick up his option and now their is rumblings of them chasing Bron AND Melo? That guy is gonna walk, he doesn't wanna be a role player anymore , he JUST came into his own in this League. Hell, Harden too, but I don't think he nor Dwight minds being a number 2 or 3 guy on a roster.

He must be looking at D12 sideways right now after he fought so hard to recruit him, and now he's the odd man out.
    Last edited by HOoopCityJones; 06-18-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Man they will be more hated than the Heat. Who could have imagined that.

Damn. That team would be amazing. LBJ/Dwight PnR would be so unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Damn. That team would be amazing. LBJ/Dwight PnR would be so unstoppable.

Long time no see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Long time no see.
    yep

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

why parsons? why not renounce DM or some other bit player (who is making more than him anyways)

At least click the link of thread I posted
    Houston can easily keep Parsons and get LeBron.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    They can't comprehend how slighted Parsons is feeling right now, he was supposed to be their guy at the three , first they don't pick up his option and now their is rumblings of them chasing Bron AND Melo? That guy is gonna walk, he doesn't wanna be a role player anymore , he JUST came into his own in this League. Hell, Harden too, but I don't think he nor Dwight minds being a number 2 or 3 guy on a roster.

He must be looking at D12 sideways right now after he fought so hard to recruit him, and now he's the odd man out.
    they didnt pick up his option in order to make him a restricted FA. He cant walk unless they let him.

If they picked up his option, then he would be a UFA next year.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Laker fans would seriously commit suicide if that team won a title.