Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: MLS site made an article about Cristiano Ronaldo

I'm not sure what's worse, the OP getting trolled by some random article on MLS.com... the OP making a thread about the troll article... or the OP getting trolled in his own thread about a troll article.

Quote Originally Posted by steve franchise
    In World Cup tournaments? You tell me. Ronaldo gets paid basically to score goals and yet an MLS player has scored more goals than him in WC tournaments.

How does that make you feel? Portugal is the better team and they have the best player in the world. It'd be a shame if the U.S beat them and sent them packing home later today. How will that make you feel?

I argued with you, because i like football and you start to like it since you're a child so i guess it's only normal to defend my roots but...

I wouldn't really care, and i'm being 100% sincere with you.
    Don't get me wrong, i'm not rooting against them and i would like them to win but if they lose? Meh, we will be fine.

Portugal only cares about football and that pisses me off since the other sports (that we are good at) don't get the money/help/media attention and that is what really matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I'm not sure what's worse, the OP getting trolled by some random article on MLS.com... the OP making a thread about the troll article... or the OP getting trolled in his own thread about a troll article.
    Yep, i feed the troll.. i know that
    But troll article in the major website about the sport?

Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    I argued with you, because i like football and you start to like it since you're a child so i guess it's only normal to defend my roots but...

I wouldn't really care, and i'm being 100% sincere with you.
    Don't get me wrong, i'm not rooting against them and i would like them to win but if they lose? Meh, we will be fine.

Portugal only cares about football and that pisses me off since the other sports (that we are good at) don't get the money/help/media attention and that is what really matters to me.
    All I hear is excuses. Portugal is the better team and they have the best player in the world. No reason why they shouldn't win.

You talk about Ronaldo like he's a God, why the sudden change in attitude? Lets see what this guy is made of. Surely it can't be all talk.

All I hear is excuses. Portugal is the better team and they have the best player in the world. No reason why they shouldn't win.

You talk about Ronaldo like he's a God, why the sudden change in attitude? Lets see what this guy is made of. Surely it can't be all talk.
    Nop, not excuses.
    We are favorites and we need to win, so..

He's not God, he's just the best player in the world.
    And he's playing with tendinites, it's not an excuse... but everyone knows he's injured

Btw, he's not even my fav player.. Luis Figo is.

Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

Nop, not excuses.
    We are favorites and we need to win, so..

He's not God, he's just the best player in the world.
    And he's playing with tendinites, it's not an excuse... but everyone knows he's injured

Btw, he's not even my fav player.. Luis Figo is.
    Know that I will bump this thread and laugh at you if Portugal gets eliminated tomorrow. How arrogant one has to be to say something like "our best player still has 10 more years left before he even thinks of playing in the MLS"? It's going to be hilarious if the team with the best player in the world gets eliminated by a team consisting of, ironically, MLS players.

Bad article, but come on, who defends that guy. Just an awful human being.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Bad article, but come on, who defends that guy. Just an awful human being.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=331148

Banned

LOL maga you clown, that MLS article is just a buzzfeed type joke, and if you read til the end it makes it clear that the writer has immense respect for Ronaldo as a player and a talent and praises him for being able to do what no one else on the planet can.

Maybe though because language issues you can't detect the sarcasm in the article.

IN WORLD CUPS THOUGH, Donovan and Gyan are much better then Ronaldo. This can't be denied. For whatever reasons, Ronaldo has not played up to his best standards at world cups and many many other players have been more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    LOL maga you clown, that MLS article is just a buzzfeed type joke, and if you read til the end it makes it clear that the writer has immense respect for Ronaldo as a player and a talent and praises him for being able to do what no one else on the planet can.

Maybe though because language issues you can't detect the sarcasm in the article.

IN WORLD CUPS THOUGH, Donovan and Gyan are much better then Ronaldo. This can't be denied. For whatever reasons, Ronaldo has not played up to his best standards at world cups and many many other players have been more effective.
    Again, i said it was a good and funny article you can read that above.
    But, when it's all said and done, i don't think it's an article that should be displayed in the biggest website of the sport in the country.
    Is that wrong?

I think it's an article that could/should (cause it's funny) be displayed in some entertainment or daily website.

Banned

Again, i said it was a good and funny article you can read that above.
    But, when it's all said and done, i don't think it's an article that should be displayed in the biggest website of the sport in the country.
    Is that wrong?

I think it's an article that could/should (cause it's funny) be displayed in some entertainment or daily website.
    MLS is not the biggest football website in America don't worry They probably did this to try to get cheap hits on their site which ordinarily no one goes on.

I think it's fair to say that Mexican and European leagues are much more popular then MLS in America. I've seen more people wearing Boca Juniors shirts in LA then I have MLS shirts in my life for example.

So the best the so called best player in the world can do is take his team to the quarter finals. Donovan did that, and he has more WC goals.

So if Ronaldo's WC performances have been "OK" what does say about Donovan?

You mad the greatest U.S player ever has done more in World Cup tournaments than Ronaldo, the "best player in the world"?

Is that why you're so salty?
    2/10

poor attempt

How arrogant one has to be to say something like "our best player still has 10 more years left before he even thinks of playing in the MLS"? It's going to be hilarious if the team with the best player in the world gets eliminated by a team consisting of, ironically, MLS players.
    well its true. maybe not 10, but AT LEAST 8

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    well its true. maybe not 10, but AT LEAST 8
    Snoreway on a troll spree