Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Cuban's Trade for Chandler confirms mistake of not re-signing him in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Chandler even with his 6/8/1 stats is better than all those guys listed impact wise. He is an elite rim protector.

Dallas got those guys simply because they had no other options at the time. It was those guys or d-league esque players. The only bad move of the organization was not getting Howard and Williams/Melo. It was a risk and unfortunately they struck out.
    Of course Chandler is better than all those guys. That was never in dispute...it was about was he good enough to commit 58 million over 4 years.

Honestly though...I think you are letting management/ownership off the hook a little if we are going to look back. The odom signing was horrid. Mayo didn't work. Collison didn't fit. Kaman was bad...etc.

There is no reason why we had to miss on so many guys outside of Carter.

They are two separte things.

Clearly what the Knicks gave to Chandler was a gross overpay for his on court impact. So that was a good move for the Mavs not to match that...

That has no impact on the Mavs other moves though...which were fine honestly (i'm not blaming them at all really)...they just didn't work out. And Chandler didn't have an impact on that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Cuban's Trade for Chandler confirms mistake of not re-signing him in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Cuban offered Tyson 1 year $20 million. He didn't want to go long term, because he wanted to save the money for Dwight. He took a gamble and lost. I am sure if he knew he wasn't going to get Dwight, he would've offered Tyson a long term deal.
    Honestly. Even if he knew we wouldn't land Howard or Paul...I still think it's the smart move to not overpay Chandler like that.