Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Default Re: Do you have a problem with the botched executions that have occurred recently?

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Their punishment is death. Spending years in prison knowing you're going to be executed, and living with the guilt of what you've done, what your friends and family must think of you, all of that shit weighing on your conscience as you just count the days until you're put down, again, in prison...sounds pretty hellish to me even if certain small privileges are granted.

And no, I'm not religious.

Edit - I'm not saying these people deserve anything. Just that I think the punishment is enough, and that going above and beyond the sentence we legally handed down is wrong. If that's worth nothing then we may as well put you in charge of this shit.
    This would be solved if we could just put a bullet through their skull. There are some people out there who do the most sickening things imaginable. My belief is at this point is just take their life, they don't deserve to live. That doesn't mean wait a few days, weeks or whatever it is. Once it's decided take them into a back room and pull the trigger. I don't care if that's 'easier' because it's over for them faster, I just know the world is a better place without them.

Default Re: Do you have a problem with the botched executions that have occurred recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    you're banking on they reflect and have a conscience. i'd think the last people in this world to have one are people on death row. i'm sure in some cases there are killers who are sincerely remorseful but in general i'd think not most...and i'm sure there are some who are laughing in everyones face, including the victims family.

death can be a reward to some people who are tortured by life. EZ pain free death can be a blessing. ever hear of clean edge sword death? they always say that is a good death in stuff like GoT and those ancient times shows...i don't believe death in itself is that much of a penalty. tortured painful death is tho guaranteed.

i mean just picture someone murdering your parents cruelly, or your kid. Are you really okay with a pain free death and thats it? where he died content after a last meal and just having accepted God from a Chaplain?
    What you're saying is irrelevant. They weren't sentenced to an hour of suffering, so it's a problem.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    A reward would be l "oh you killed that family? Congrats, here's a hundred dollars."

Do you also think giving them book is a reward? Or letting them speak to their family? Why grant them any lenience at all? Just keep them in a pitch black concrete room and only give them enough food, water, and medical attention to survive until their big day. Let them sit in their own piss and shit too.

Ultimately they spend years imprisoned only to be executed; I fail to see how that constitutes a "reward."

Those are basic allowances so they can keep their sanity. An expertly prepared, delicious cuisine is a luxury they should not be afforded. Unless there is some sort of practical psychological benefit that makes then more serene on a full stomach as theyre being taken to the gurney.

College superstar

Both victims were killed in 1989.............and he got executed in 2014.............

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    Both victims were killed in 1989.............and he got executed in 2014.............

Prisons and legal appeals are big business!