Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default People need to chill with the Lakers/Kobe hate/trolling

They're irrelevant this season...I haven't seen any player/team be this hated when it's literally not the players' fault.

There are 100s of Kobe/Lakers hate threads, zero criticizing the moves the FO has made over the past 3 years. Lakers had the chance to get IT/Lance or some other formidable player, but all they did was throw money at the garbage they had + offered Kobe 48.5 mil before he was even able to play. You can criticize Kobe for taking the money, but would anyone really turn down that kind of money, when the FO has been making one questionable decision after another? Might as well get your money...

That aside, this year literally is nothing but another tank job to get a top 5 pick. Coaches/players are not going to come out and admit that, Kobe's a professional and unless he really wants out, he will hold himself back and he'll chase the scoring title in the mean time, which should really not be a problem for the Laker fans or anyone else, as the team is nowhere near Playoff material to begin with. Maybe Kobe plays a little more unselfishly and they win 30-40 games instead of 20ish, but that's not what I want as a Lakers fan that's looking ahead this season.

Next off-season will show what this franchise is made of, they'll have 30+ million in cap space to work with, and if they can't put together a team that on paper should at least be good enough to contend for a Playoff spot, then drastical changes will have to be made.

As it is right now, us Laker fans will have nothing else to do but endure the season and root for Kobe to play himself into top shape and have some great highlight plays in the process of chasing scoring records.

With this being ISH, this thread is guaranteed to have a bunch of troll replies from you know who, so all I can ask of you is to ignore them and not give em' what they want.

Thank you.

Default Re: People need to chill with the Lakers/Kobe hate/trolling

Kobe coulda took less money and helped acquire at least a competitive team

But....

Banned

after kobe becomes the GOAT scorer

kobe haters = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQg1i_q2g

kobe fans = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s-a1vp4LLk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspah

But....

he did take less money

could have signed a 33-35 mill extension per season

took 23 mill so the lakers could sign one other max contract.

they signed jeremy lin

kobe shoulda took the max

Thank you for making this thread. It has been a bit annoying, I don't really mind it because I know trolls are going to troll, but this is the reality of the situation.

Learning to shoot layups

It's funny because when you talk to other basketball fans in person they don't really bash Kobe/Lakers like they do here on ISH. I usually lurk here often but this season its been pretty unbearable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ohdilly
    It's funny because when you talk to other basketball fans in person they don't really bash Kobe/Lakers like they do here on ISH. I usually lurk here often but this season its been pretty unbearable.
    theyre so f*cking mad

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspah

But....
    Competitive team? as in a team that could MAYBE get a 7/8 seed? Yes, that is really what the fans want, a middle-of-the-pack regular season team that has no chance of making noise in the Playoffs.

The team literally did jack shit with the cap space we had. Hill & Davis were the only signings that were worth it. Could have kept Meeks and Marshall at least. The Nash contract hurt us. Could have gone after Ariza but I didn't hear anything about them even giving him an offer. The off-season literally showed me nothing in terms of what they could have done if Kobe took 10 mil less.

I don't see a problem with Kobe taking that money, why would he have to take less to make up for the Steve Nash signing? As far as value, his contract is more than enough justified as he's box-office. Staples would be half empty if he wasn't playing right now.

At least I'm glad they didn't throw the max at Parsons and no long-term contracts for anyone else, if everything goes right they should be able to put together a solid roster next season with Randle coming back and us having a top 5 pick.

The Kobe Family in full effect.

If laker fans acted like the OP there wouldn't be any hate.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohdilly
    internet is a safe and anonymous outlet for their represeed anger

no one dare to speak about kobe the way these haters do in real life, they know they get checked real fast

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    If laker fans acted like the OP there wouldn't be any hate.
    f*ck being humble

and it goes both ways... kobe haters and kobe fans go at each other equally

both wouldnt exist without the other egging them on

it probably started way back in 1998 when jordan fans trashed kobe for being a starting allstar and stealing the spotlight

in the end its about who gets the last laugh. and kobe retiring all time GOAT scorer is a nice big d*ck in the ass on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    f*ck being humble

and it goes both ways... kobe haters and kobe fans go at each other equally

both wouldnt exist without the other egging them on

it probably started way back in 1998 when jordan fans trashed kobe for being a starting allstar and stealing the spotlight

in the end its about who gets the last laugh. and kobe retiring all time GOAT scorer is a nice big d*ck in the ass on the way out
    I'm sure you want that dick in the ass, bruh

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    I'm sure you want that dick in the ass, bruh
    sounds like you already got it

let me know how it feels

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    They're irrelevant this season...I haven't seen any player/team be this hated when it's literally not the players' fault.

There are 100s of Kobe/Lakers hate threads, zero criticizing the moves the FO has made over the past 3 years. Lakers had the chance to get IT/Lance or some other formidable player, but all they did was throw money at the garbage they had + offered Kobe 48.5 mil before he was even able to play. You can criticize Kobe for taking the money, but would anyone really turn down that kind of money, when the FO has been making one questionable decision after another? Might as well get your money...

That aside, this year literally is nothing but another tank job to get a top 5 pick. Coaches/players are not going to come out and admit that, Kobe's a professional and unless he really wants out, he will hold himself back and he'll chase the scoring title in the mean time, which should really not be a problem for the Laker fans or anyone else, as the team is nowhere near Playoff material to begin with. Maybe Kobe plays a little more unselfishly and they win 30-40 games instead of 20ish, but that's not what I want as a Lakers fan that's looking ahead this season.

Next off-season will show what this franchise is made of, they'll have 30+ million in cap space to work with, and if they can't put together a team that on paper should at least be good enough to contend for a Playoff spot, then drastical changes will have to be made.

As it is right now, us Laker fans will have nothing else to do but endure the season and root for Kobe to play himself into top shape and have some great highlight plays in the process of chasing scoring records.

With this being ISH, this thread is guaranteed to have a bunch of troll replies from you know who, so all I can ask of you is to ignore them and not give em' what they want.

Thank you.
    tl;dr

Will continue to troll Laker fans as it causes them to meltdown and type essays like OP.