Default The Knick (Clive Owen and Steven Soderberg team up)

This is such a good show, it's so rare when established actors and directors team up to produce a TV series. Every episode has been great so far, the cinematography is spectacular it's like watching a well produced movie in 10 parts.
    The show is about the Knicker Bocker hospital in 1900s and no it's not an ER like series, the focus is on advances in surgery and medicine while exploring relationships between the staff. I highly recommend watching it.

Default Re: The Knick (Clive Owen and Steven Soderberg team up)

Arent you the southlanth guy too? We seem to like similar shows. But yeah, the knick is great. That last episode with the asian

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    This is such a good show, it's so rare when established actors and directors team up to produce a TV series. Every episode has been great so far, the cinematography is spectacular it's like watching a well produced movie in 10 parts.
    The show is about the Knicker Bocker hospital in 1900s and no it's not an ER like series, the focus is on advances in surgery and medicine while exploring relationships between the staff. I highly recommend watching it.
    I'll keep this in mind

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Arent you the southlanth guy too? We seem to like similar shows. But yeah, the knick is great. That last episode with the asian
    Yep, great minds

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

The Knick was awesome. It's kind of a slow burn into a horror movie. And Soderberg has said he's coming back for a second season, which is definitively different from like when they plastered Scorcese's name to Boardwalk Empire because he directed the first episode. Soderberg did every episode.

There is a thread around here about it somewhere that has some good stuff in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    The Knick was awesome. It's kind of a slow burn into a horror movie. And Soderberg has said he's coming back for a second season, which is definitively different from like when they plastered Scorcese's name to Boardwalk Empire because he directed the first episode. Soderberg did every episode.

There is a thread around here about it somewhere that has some good stuff in it.
    That's the great thing about it, even great shows don't get to have a fixed director for a whole season let alone a director of Soderberg's caliber.
    BTW I searched for an existing thread but couldn't find it, could you post a link?