Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Can Kobe Bryant win the MVP without making the playoffs on an under .500 team?

I'd normally assume this is a joke, but I'm not sure with Kobe fans.

He shouldn't even sniff an all nba team...let alone get a vote for MVP.

He's been dreadful. Terrible offense, horrendous defense, and putrid clutch play...his team is awful as well.

LOL

Default Re: Can Kobe Bryant win the MVP without making the playoffs on an under .500 team?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

He's been dreadful. Terrible offense, horrendous defense, and putrid clutch play...his team is awful as well.

LOL
    As a sidenote...when this topic was created, the title actually read something along the lines..Can AD win the MVP without making the playoffs.

For some reason it was changed to Kobe.

In any case, the odds are overwhelmingly against ANYONE winning the MVP on a team that does not make the playoffs. KAJ won it one year, and even then it was not deserved (McAdoo should have won his 2nd in a row.)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    As a sidenote...when this topic was created, the title actually read something along the lines..Can AD win the MVP without making the playoffs.

For some reason it was changed to Kobe.

In any case, the odds are overwhelmingly against ANYONE winning the MVP on a team that does not make the playoffs. KAJ won it one year, and even then it was not deserved (McAdoo should have won his 2nd in a row.)
    Well sure, but my point is that...that player would have to actually be a great player. Current Kobe is not even a good player...I mean...he could be in a different situation perhaps....

But generally guys that play terrible offense, defense, and have been awful in close games don't get MVP talk.

AD is a much better discussion....although he'd have to do something a lot better than 25/11/2

This isn't a knock on AD...he's been amazing, but it would have to be something like 28/14/4 with his level of defense and efficiency. He does that and gets his team to 45 wins...then he'd have a real shot this year with Lebron and Durant not looking nearly as strong

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

LOL

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Mods changed the title.

This thread is about Anthony Davis.

Mods abusing their powers again.