Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Default Re: I am officially sick of the attacks on Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    there's not a top 10, bub. comprende?

It's tiered, bub. comprende? And Bryant ain't in the top tier, as Lazeruss knows. Bub.

comprende?
    That is what I'm saying, bub... read it again.. comprende?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Dwight had a negative offensive RAPM (which has actually been the case for a great many of his seasons). Kobe had a negative defensive RAPM. Dwight's defensive RAPM >>> Kobe's offensive RAPM. Ergo, Dwight's RAPM while he was getting swallowed by the hate of the rabid LAL fans > Kobe's.

One of us distorted facts and it wasn't me...

The insane misuse of Pau et al came as a direct result of the arrogance of hillbilly Buss to look at his aging team of slow players and decide that they needed a coach espousing a fast break theology. I'm not blaming Kobe for that.
    I responded to your post saying "Kobe joined three surefire HoFers and refused to change his game AT all" with specific reference to Steve Nash implying Kobe was being stubborn offensively when in reality two of your '3 hofers' were injured for most of the year and one was a negative offensively.. While Kobe had one of the better offensive impacts in the whole league.

Your post does nothing to address my reply and is using strawmans

Banned

OP just copy and paste this from LG:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=171579

Gasol helped turn around a franchise still searching for an identity after Shaquille O'Neal left in 2004 via trade to Miami. In the first three seasons after O’Neal’s departure, the Lakers missed the playoffs once and twice failed to reach the second round. After Gasol arrived, they reached three straight NBA Finals.

Beyond that, Kobe Bryant’s winning percentage in the three seasons after O’Neal left and before Gasol arrived was .520, but with Gasol by his side, that percentage rose to .689, including 13 playoff series wins.
    How ****ing biased is this? What was Pau's winning % before he came to LA? Wasn't he like 0-12 in the playoffs too?

My biggest problem is that even in a nice article about Pau, the writer has to try and discredit Kobe.

Kobe needs to find his game cos it's open season on him now from all the folks he's shut up over the years

Come on OP lol at least give credit where you got it from: lol

It's not just Kobe, BSPN's hate for the Lakers is well known... a lot of pundits getting even for them getting owned game 7 2010 =/. The Lakers were #1 at the halfway mark when they got gasol in 2008.. BSPN getting stupider and stupider... unwatchable now

who cares. The guy is a guaranteed hall of famer. 5 time champion. One of the 10 greatest players of all time. Banging a fine wife, and raping others. He's as successful as any professional athlete can get. He's done it all, on and off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    OP just copy and paste this from LG:

Come on OP lol at least give credit where you got it from: lol
    Did you ever stop to think that I might post in more than 1 forum?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    I responded to your post saying "Kobe joined three surefire HoFers and refused to change his game AT all" with specific reference to Steve Nash implying Kobe was being stubborn offensively when in reality two of your '3 hofers' were injured for most of the year and one was a negative offensively.. While Kobe had one of the better offensive impacts in the whole league.

Your post does nothing to address my reply and is using strawmans

And you think that Pau and Nash were rushing to come back when Kobe made their position completely untenable? You think Nash enjoyed being stuck in the corner without the ball?

Do you think Dwight would have left LAL if any other superstar was there besides Kobe?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

And you think that Pau and Nash were rushing to come back when Kobe made their position completely untenable? You think Nash enjoyed being stuck in the corner without the ball?

Do you think Dwight would have left LAL if any other superstar was there besides Kobe?
    The main reason Dwight left is because he was looking toward the future. With Nash being crippled ever since that year, Kobe missing a ton of time as well, where was the longterm talent or Outlook. There was none.

So he went to play with a young team.. And him and harden had a rocky start with harden bombing out the playoffs playing worse than Kobe ever did in 2013.. But harden is young and has good years ahead of him.. Kobe has played more minutes than anybody in the league. That has everything to do with the choices dwight made.

Dwight's still a negative on offense and it's been proven that whatever team hes on is better off running the offense through a star guard rather than himself. In LA Dwight carried an attitude like he could still score like in Orlando.. When he couldn't. He's been far worse offensively in Houston and LA than he was in Orlando. I think he's finally getting that now though with how Hardens played this season.

Banned

Nash played like a third of the season and wasn't that great when he was playing. Pau's problems were with injury and D'Antoni not knowing how to utilize him. Same with Dwight.

Depends. Would the team/organization still have no discernible future in terms of young talent/picks? Does the other superstar in question have an achilles tear like Kobe? If the answers to those questions are yes, then yes, Dwight leaves just the same.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    who cares. The guy is a guaranteed hall of famer. 5 time champion. One of the 10 greatest players of all time. Banging a fine wife, and raping others. He's as successful as any professional athlete can get. He's done it all, on and off the court.
    Dude, propping up someone for supposed rapes, even if you're kidding, is never cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Elosha
    Dude, propping up someone for supposed rapes, even if you're kidding, is never cool.
    i want talking about raping others in on the basketball court, in a professional setting. Not literally.