Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Question Reasons you dislike the Magic?

I've been a Magic fan for well over two decades now and I'm a bleed-blue, through thick-and-thin fan of that team. I've been through a few rebuilds, seen the team go from rather high altitudes to subterranian level.

On this board, the Magic get ridiculed a lot, made fun of, they suck and all that. I wanted to know if there is a main reason for it. I know all teams aren't without its fair share of dislike and there are haters for every single team in the league and some teams get a lot of it.. but I've been thinking...

Is the "hate", jokes or whatever dislike against the Magic on here because

a) The Orlando Magic as a franchise: it's history against your fav team, 26 year history of no championships, history of losing franchise players. You know, general, sensible reasons to dislike a team.

..or..

b) Jameerthefear / Ariza4three: Being rather obnoxious, backpaddling and contradicting himself, multi-accounts, trash talks and whatnot. You know, general, sensible reasons to dislike a poster.

I get that much of this "hate" or dislike I see in gamethreads or threads related to the Magic are jabs at the dude, but I just wanted to make a real enquiry to see if the Magic are really this disliked or if it's just dislike for a very active, not so popular poster.

So, let all your dislike for either option A or B flow.

Default Re: Reasons you dislike the Magic?

Other than the 08 playoffs (although I figured Raps would lose) , no real reason to have anything against them.

I don't hate the Magic at all. Thank you for Shaq and we enjoyed hoisting up that LOB trophy in their building.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    I don't hate the Magic at all. Thank you for Shaq and we enjoyed hoisting up that LOB trophy in their building.
    You're welcome.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

For me it's history of losing franchise/good players

but if you can convince me the be a fan of your team, I will be (I don't have a favorite team since the Sonics moved to OKC)

B).

Been living rent free in my head with his collection of anti-Kobe threads and Hentai.

kobetard

The answer is b. But he's toned it down a lot after the ban so haven't seen much magic hate lately. I actually like the magic as a franchise, the heat too, both have not been too shabby for such young franchises.

Why do they lose their best players in free agency? As a NYer, I dream of the days I could move to somewhere that it's warm all year long, and Orlando seems like an awesome place. But then again, that's probably more retirement talk than living in your 20s talk I guess going to Disneyworld can get old for partying 20 year olds.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Why do they lose their best players in free agency? As a NYer, I dream of the days I could move to somewhere that it's warm all year long, and Orlando seems like an awesome place. But then again, that's probably more retirement talk than living in your 20s talk I guess going to Disneyworld can get old for partying 20 year olds.
    I think it's mainly related to boneheaded FO of the past who weren't capable of building a sustainable, winning culture. The owner is willing to spend and the location of the franchise is very attractive (state tax and weather), but I think it's mainly the past FO's - luckily, our current FO seems to be much more focused and have a plan in place going forward.

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

jameernelson

Uh it's obviously B.

There's no other reason to dislike such a toothless franchise. They're just kind of there.

Sunshine State

I don't think there's any dislike for the Magic, I don't think people care either way. We're not a big name team or anything, there's no reason to dislike us.

Like the Hawks, they're not like super popular so no one dislikes them but they're fans on this board are pretty annoying so that doesn't help.

I don't care about the Magic but because of Jameer I don't want them to be good either.

Op is jammer trying to figure out why we poke fun at him