Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 923
  1. #31
    Verticle? plowking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    We goin' Sizzler
    Posts
    28,090

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    What is the general opinion of Winslow?

    I honestly look at him and see the exact same game as Stanley Johnson. Just everything I've seen screams exactly the same, even their movements on the court. Only difference I see is JW seems to be a better finisher at the ring, and SJ is a better shooter.

    Both 6'5, same wingspans and reaches essentially. Both similar on the defensive end, and both seem to play similarly on offense.

    What has made Winslow the consensus better out of the two?

  2. #32
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,692

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    Yeah, if this was stickied I wouldn't have worried about making a thread lol :p.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,099

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    What is the general opinion of Winslow?

    I honestly look at him and see the exact same game as Stanley Johnson. Just everything I've seen screams exactly the same, even their movements on the court. Only difference I see is JW seems to be a better finisher at the ring, and SJ is a better shooter.

    Both 6'5, same wingspans and reaches essentially. Both similar on the defensive end, and both seem to play similarly on offense.

    What has made Winslow the consensus better out of the two?
    I don't watch college ball, but I don't see much of a difference in them either. Maybe Winslow has the potential to be a #1 scorer on a team, unlike Johnson. I see Johnson as more of a Jimmy Butler type.

  4. #34
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,659

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    Stanley Johnson is going to be the steal of this draft.

    No way he should fall past 6

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,099

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    If WCS is taken over Hezonja and Winslow

  6. #36
    Verticle? plowking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    We goin' Sizzler
    Posts
    28,090

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Stanley Johnson is going to be the steal of this draft.

    No way he should fall past 6
    Any particular reason?

    Most greats are always decent athletes, and him and Winslow really don't strike me that way. They seem slow laterally and both have an average first step IMO. People seem really enamoured with both Johnson's and Winslow's talent though, but maybe I'm missing something?

    I feel they're both a little bulky given their position and their pace suffers because of it.

  7. #37
    5-time NBA All-Star kurple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11,353

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Both 6'5, same wingspans and reaches essentially. Both similar on the defensive end, and both seem to play similarly on offense.
    why would you use their height w/o shoes?

    but i agree with most of what you said. Stanley has been massively underrated since Arizona exited from the tourney

  8. #38
    5-time NBA All-Star kurple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11,353

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Any particular reason?

    Most greats are always decent athletes, and him and Winslow really don't strike me that way. They seem slow laterally and both have an average first step IMO. People seem really enamoured with both Johnson's and Winslow's talent though, but maybe I'm missing something?

    I feel they're both a little bulky given their position and their pace suffers because of it.
    Stanley is just as athletic as Kwahi if not more. Athleticism isnt just vertical leap

    and he wants to dominate in the post like Kwahi. love it

  9. #39
    Very good NBA starter chips93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,070

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    i watched far more of winslow than johnson, but winslow is great at pushing the ball in transition, and creating his own offense there.

    if he can tighten up his handle, he should be able to take guys off the dribble in the halfcourt, and create his own offense there too.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,273

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    I've got the Knicks drafting Winslow

  11. #41
    Very good NBA starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,387

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    I'm not buy Potizigas or whatever his name is going in the top 4. Mudiay is getting extremely underrated here.

  12. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,099

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    Potizigas

  13. #43
    I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Bridge
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    The Timberwolves have reportedly informed [COLOR="White"]Karl-Anthony Towns[/COLOR] that they'll be selecting him with the #1 pick.

  14. #44
    I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Bridge
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread


  15. #45
    NBA Superstar Droid101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    13,069

    Default Re: Official 2015 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •