Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Lou Williams for 7 million is better than Lamarcus Aldridge for 20 million

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    5 rings, 3 FMVPs, 2 MVPs > 5 rings, 2 FMVPs, 1 MVPs. You still mad?

Duncan has been the defensive anchor for all 5 championships. On and off court leader. Best player in the WCF vs the OKC in 2014 (and all I hear you say is that WCF is the 'real' final). Duncan > Kobe.
    Stop it, this is why Duncan isn't higher than Kobe All-Time....I don't even know if Duncan is the 4th option on his team these days...Lost 2 Finals MVP's to teammates who out played him on his "own" team...

Duncan Last 3 games vs Heat during Finals 2014:

14pts 6reb 2ast 0 blocks, 10pts 10reb 2ast 1blk, 14pts 8reb 2ast 2blk..

Duncan led...

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Lou Williams for 7 million is better than Lamarcus Aldridge for 20 million

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Yea...just no.

LOL...it's not close.

Why do Lakers fans absurdly over-rate every single player they get?

Don't worry they will blame Lou Williams if things fall apart.. I must admit they got a nice player for a good contract... The guy can ball but I think he needs the ball in his hands ... Where does that leave kobe, clarkson, and Angelo.. All guys that need the ball in their hands to play at their best...

Hickson looks like a nice grab as well... He can shoot and will be a nice defensive anchor..

Decent college freshman

Lou was a steal. He fits well on that roster with the bigger PGs they have.

LMA is definitely overrated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    This is patently absurd.

Harden's WORST TS% the last 5 years is .598. Kobe's career HIGH is .580. Manu's CAREER avg is .586 (better than any season ever for Kobe).

CAREER Pts/FGA
    Kobe 1.294
    Manu 1.389
    Harden 1.505

People call him an inefficient ball hog because despite being an all time great, thats just what he is.

volume adjustments have to be taken into consideration

manus would drop a bit if he took mj/kobe type shots

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Championship Cruise baby. Y'all don't even realize what is about to happen..

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    (and all I hear you say is that WCF is the 'real' final)
    People often say this about the early 00s, which is probably true. No East openent really stood a chance against the winner of the Western Confrence playoffs. That mold didn't change until the formation of the Pistons legendary defensive team and the Heat aqquiring Shaq was when the East was seen to finally stand a chance against the West.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    I think about your point, and I still don't agree. 20 to 7, is almost 3 to 1. I do think LMA is obviously a far better player, but I don't think he's three times better than Lou. L. Williams is an instant offense. He can put up similar numbers to guys like Lillard or J. Wall if given the minutes.

As a GM; if I'm evaluating pure value. I'd think Lou at 7 million brings more value than LMA at 20 million.

Or think of it this way; for an additional 14 million, you can get someone like Millsap or A. Johnson. I do think getting those two players makes my team better than just LMA; especially when you consider his below average shooting efficiency for a PF.
    Millsap just signed for 18M+. Spurned 20M/ offers. Amir Johnson just signed for 12. Is Amir + Lou worth LMA? I sure don't think so.

And Lou is horrifying defensively.

Lou can carry a second team because he can flat out score. But the Lakers problem is defense not offense. They already had that guy in Swaggy. Maybe it ends up being like the IT2 deal where a team signed him because its just too good of a value. But that didn't exactly work out for Phoenix either even though both those deals look like good value.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    volume adjustments have to be taken into consideration

manus would drop a bit if he took mj/kobe type shots
    I didn't even want to reply to that post, .

The man picked a career 2nd/3rd option SG, who takes half as many shots as Kobe and a player who has been in the league for 5 years and is in his prime.

Harden over 17 shots a game; has shot 44%. Kobe has taken over 17 shots almost every year, and his career average is higher than 44%.

In fact, Kobe took 19 shots a game (for his career) and his FG% is .451.
    How is that being "inefficient"? When the man carried his team on his back, scoring, for so many years?

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Stop it, this is why Duncan isn't higher than Kobe All-Time....I don't even know if Duncan is the 4th option on his team these days...Lost 2 Finals MVP's to teammates who out played him on his "own" team...

Duncan Last 3 games vs Heat during Finals 2014:

14pts 6reb 2ast 0 blocks, 10pts 10reb 2ast 1blk, 14pts 8reb 2ast 2blk..

Duncan led...
    Actually, pretry much everyone but Kobe stans has Duncan ahead of Kobe all time, and it isn't even close after that last championship.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Actually, pretry much everyone but Kobe stans has Duncan ahead of Kobe all time, and it isn't even close after that last championship.
    A LeTard is saying what Kobe stans think... where do these clowns come from? I know he's a stupid alt of some loser here but really...

No quality anymore...at least K Xerses is trying...still a fakkit but he's got some quality in there...

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    A LeTard is saying what Kobe stans think... where do these clowns come from? I know he's a stupid alt of some loser here but really...

No quality anymore...at least K Xerses is trying...still a fakkit but he's got some quality in there...
    And here's a Kobe stan right on cue proving my point

And here's a Kobe stan right on cue proving my point
    Well considering almost every NBA legend considers Kobe greater than Duncan; perhaps it's the Kobe haters that are biased and not the Laker fans?

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    Well considering almost every NBA legend considers Kobe greater than Duncan; perhaps it's the Kobe haters that are biased and not the Laker fans?
    Do they? Have any of then spoken post-2014 aand said that? No?, alright then.

The majority of basketball fans consider Duncan a greater player. I wish it weren't the case but it is. If you'd like to believe that they're all wrong, then by all means go ahead.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Millsap just signed for 18M+. Spurned 20M/ offers. Amir Johnson just signed for 12. Is Amir + Lou worth LMA? I sure don't think so.

And Lou is horrifying defensively.

Lou can carry a second team because he can flat out score. But the Lakers problem is defense not offense. They already had that guy in Swaggy. Maybe it ends up being like the IT2 deal where a team signed him because its just too good of a value. But that didn't exactly work out for Phoenix either even though both those deals look like good value.
    LMA's bad defensively too

Do they? Have any of then spoken post-2014 aand said that? No?, alright then.

The majority of basketball fans consider Duncan a greater player. I wish it weren't the case but it is. If you'd like to believe that they're all wrong, then by all means go ahead.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

You don't remember what Bird, Magic and Jordan have said about Kobe?

"Well, it used to be Kobe Bryant ... the second best all time ... now, I have a new favorite player to play against ... my former teammate, LeBron James."

For example, this is what Wade said about Kobe before.
    There were so many quotes from guys like Jenning, Horry, Fisher, Phil Jackson etc. where they ranked Kobe as one of the five greatest players to ever play the game.

People have the utmost respect for Duncan and I would never attempt to argue with someone who thinks he is greater than Kobe; but the fact remains, NBA players and legends have always given Kobe so much love over the years.

I just find it funny how fans who dislike the man, will always try to tarnish his skills, and accomplishments.

The fact that so many fans think Duncan "is clearly" better, when players who have either played against both or who were legends themselves; clearly disagree.

I'll listen to their opinions before a fan who has never competed in an NBA game before.