Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Harry Shearer potentially leaving the Simpsons (voices like half the characters)

http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/14/medi...harry-shearer/

Not set in stone yet, and this could be a contract negotiation tactic, but it would be insane if this happens. The show will re-cast if he does, but you'd need multiple people to recast him unless you have an excellent impersonator that can do all the same voices.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Harry Shearer potentially leaving the Simpsons (voices like half the characters)

I'm reading it's a done deal.. he's not coming back

Default Re: Harry Shearer potentially leaving the Simpsons (voices like half the characters)

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    I'm reading it's a done deal.. he's not coming back
    I've read conflicting reports, some with the producers saying they will re-cast "IF" he does not return. The Simpsons producers could add money to change his mind.

[QUOTE]Simpsons show runner Al Jean posted to Twitter that Shearer has been offered the same deal as its other voice actors. Jean added that the show is prepared to recast Shearer

Turning down 14 million for a few voice recordings for two years?

Serious playground baller

Even though I don't watch the show anymore, I hope he stays. That stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
    After 25 years of doing this, I'm sure he is set for life. He could probably make up some of that money doing other projects too.

Show has been on the air since 1989 (shorts on Tracey since 1987.) Give the guy a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredator
    After 25 years of doing this, I'm sure he is set for life. He could probably make up some of that money doing other projects too.
    They should have that much recording of his voice that they can say anything in his voice..

Some of my earliest childhood memories are of watching a Simpsons episode... and I'm 28 years old.

I had no idea that show was still producing new episodes

They should have that much recording of his voice that they can say anything in his voice..
    Like South Park with Chef

Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredator
    Like South Park with Chef
    Yea, but prolly less of a piss take and actually mold the voice not just have him say the same words he's said before in the same way and make it sound ridiculous like the south park creators wanted it to.

Still my favorite show other than south Park. I prefer it over family guy any day.

I'm sure for legal reasons they can't do that.. I can be wrong though. If they're paying them for the use of their work forever then sure.

Shearer is in 70s now. Money might not be the only factor.

How they are gonna replace many of those recurring characters Shearer had voiced anyway?