Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread:

Its amazing that he's this far ahead and he hasn't actually said much of anything, outside of his whacky non-starter immigration enforcement plan, as far as what he'd do in office, how he'd do it and why he'd do it. He's just being loud and aggressive and people are following right along.

The American love affair with celebrities continues unabated.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Its amazing that he's this far ahead and he hasn't actually said much of anything, outside of his whacky non-starter immigration enforcement plan, as far as what he'd do in office, how he'd do it and why he'd do it. He's just being loud and aggressive and people are following right along.

The American love affair with celebrities continues unabated.
    To be fair, he's gone into far greater detail on most issues than Hillary has.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re:

Does a bear shit in the woods?

Are Liberals going to continue to call Republicans racist if they elect Ben Carson? Probably. They're addicted to that race card. It's like crack to them.

Default Re:

I don't think anyone is really expected to say much of anything at this stage. Right now it's all about getting the hype machine going, which Trump has certainly done well. Still think he's ****ed but he played his hand well.

Anyone think it's interesting that Trump was laughed out of the room in previous election cycles but no leads the polls? When his resume and personality are exactly the same. Weird thing to witness for sure.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Does a bear shit in the woods?

Are Liberals going to continue to call Republicans racist if they elect Ben Carson? Probably. They're addicted to that race card. It's like crack to them.
    Geraldo has already said Repubs are only rooting for him cause they feel like they need to elect a black man to seem less racist.

Never seen a group of people so obsessed with what race someone is.

Banned

Default Re:

Trump is fascinating but I'm wondering how long he's going to be able to keep it together. It feels like eventually he's going to let his guard down and say something really outlandish and burst into flames live on television.

Probably won't happen but **** it would be glorious to watch.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Geraldo has already said Repubs are only rooting for him cause they feel like they need to elect a black man to seem less racist.

Never seen a group of people so obsessed with what race someone is.
    Honestly, I would love to see the shoe on the other foot with republicans asking democrats what their "real motives" are every time they disagree with President Carson. The constant parade of "you only disagree with Obama because he's black" would be poetic justice if it was turned against them.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    Trump is fascinating but I'm wondering how long he's going to be able to keep it together. It feels like eventually he's going to let his guard down and say something really outlandish and burst into flames live on television.

Probably won't happen but **** it would be glorious to watch.
    Honestly, I think it's happened enough times where the media has purposely misrepresented what Trump has said or taken him out of context that if he actually did say something insane, people would just assume the media is lying again and he'd get away with it.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Honestly, I would love to see the shoe on the other foot with republicans asking democrats what their "real motives" are every time they disagree with President Carson. The constant parade of "you only disagree with Obama because he's black" would be poetic justice if it was turned against them.

This.

And I think it would be harder to disagree with Carson because he's just generally that nice of a guy. He's a surgeon, he's soft-spoken, Christian, and is not a politician. So if the Dems do find reasons to disagree with him, I think the GOP should pounce on them and pull that race card like there's no tomorrow. I'd love to see that wet poodle Debbie Wasserman-Schultz squirm in her chair when reporters ask her about her party's motivations.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    This.

And I think it would be harder to disagree with Carson because he's just generally that nice of a guy. He's a surgeon, he's soft-spoken, Christian, and is not a politician. So if the Dems do find reasons to disagree with him, I think the GOP should pounce on them and pull that race card like there's no tomorrow. I'd love to see that wet poodle Debbie Wasserman-Schultz squirm in her chair when reporters ask her about her party's motivations.
    Let's be honest...

Democrats have been relying on the black vote for decades, and in turn for voting left, the vast majority of blacks are no better off now than they were 30 years ago. In fact, the vast majority of blacks are worse off now than when Obama was elected.

The left relies on them to exist though, sort of like, a modern plantation in a way.

"These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them ******s voting Democratic for the next two hundred years". - Lyndon B. Johnson
    Not much has changed has it?

Default Re:

Carson's got no chance. Dude doesn't have enough crossover appeal. Trump's taking this to the bank

   

Default Re:

haha, america has pretty much .001% chance of being 'great' again.

we're losing huge honking battles across various fronts, and developing nations want nothing more than to jump on that very freight train headed for the cliff's edge.

ideally i think it makes the most sense to understand the problems at hand so that we can rapidly change our standards and make the critical adjustments needed to be sustainable.

psychologically i think it makes the most sense to believe in fairy tales, unicorns and rank nonsense in order to not be upset by all this.

realistically, given that humans are going to be humans, i think the best we could hope for is to do a controlled burn.

   

Default Re:

whoomp! the perfect response:
    http://thefederalist.com/2015/09/10/...-donald-trump/

[quote=Jerry Seinfeld]Very early on in my career, I hit upon this idea of being the Heckle Therapist. So that when people would say something nasty, I would immediately become very sympathetic to them and try to help them with their problem and try to work out what was upsetting them, and try to be very understanding with their anger. It opened up this whole fun avenue for me as a comedian, and no one had ever seen that before. Some of my comedian friends used to call me

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Let's be honest...

Democrats have been relying on the black vote for decades, and in turn for voting left, the vast majority of blacks are no better off now than they were 30 years ago. In fact, the vast majority of blacks are worse off now than when Obama was elected.

The left relies on them to exist though, sort of like, a modern plantation in a way.

Not much has changed has it?
    That quote from LBJ has never been verified. This quote, from Lee Atwater, is verified and sums up the modern day GOP perfectly.

http://www.thenation.com/article/exc...hern-strategy/

You start out in 1954 by saying, “N*****, n*****, n*****.” By 1968 you can’t say “n*****”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “N*****, n*****.”
    It's amazing. Here we have a prominent GOP politician flat-out admitting his party uses code words to fire up the bigots, yet dumbasses STILL can't figure out why minorities don't vote for them in general elections. Latinos were still wooable due to their socially conservatives values, but you can forget that now. Trump has ensured that 80% of Latinos will vote Democrat in 2016, and that's the presidency folks.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    That quote from LBJ has never been verified.
    You can tell it's fake just from this part
    I'll have them ******s voting Democratic for the next two hundred years". - Lyndon B. Johnson