Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Noel with a sick game!

15/11/6stl/5assist/2blk game

Coming out party this year? Looking like a freak out there!

Banned

Default Re: Noel with a sick game!

He put up great statlines like that last season.

He had a 5x5 game last preseason too. Kid has incredible potential, if he can develop at least one go to move on the block, he will be big time. He has everything you could want on the defensive end and has shown a willingness to pass that impresses me. Same with Okafor. Philly has some good, non-selfish bigs which are hard to find so I don't mind them stockpiling there.

Very good NBA starter

Ceiling is Marcus Camby?

Oh definitely. I was very shocked by their frontcourt passing ability. I'm curious to see what will happen with their squad once they get a little older. Kinda hoping they get lotto again

he needs a wing/guard who can draw some defensive attention, and get him some easy looks.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    he needs a wing/guard who can draw some defensive attention, and get him some easy looks.
    Yeah,philly needs a good wing. That oop from okafor was niice

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    Unless they trade for one this season, they'll likely be without one. Their guard situation is pretty bad right now. Kendall Marshall is an excellent passer and should feed the bigs some easy looks, but coming off an ACL tear he may be limited in his ability to create. McConnell has seemed decent actually this preseason, which I didn't expect. Stauskas may show something, but I'm not really sure. I guess those two likely lotto picks next draft will help boost the perimeter talent.

Noel was the best defensive rookie since the merger. I think he'll cement himself as the 2nd best player of his class, up to this point, behind Gobert this season. He seems like a legit building block and I expect him to make some strides this year. I'm actually surprised by how the Okafor/Noel pairing isn't as bad as I expected.

He's a good passer and seems more confident taking jumpers, which is a big step from his UK days. I don't think he'll ever develop a real post-up game and his slight frame may preclude him from ever being efficient working on the blocks. His faceup game seems to have improved- he seems comfortable catching the ball in the high post and straight line driving into the paint. He has had a bad FG% for a big but I wouldn't expect that to be above 50% this year- he'll take too many jumpers.

I think Nerlens is actually a pretty fun player to watch. Sidenote- just how bad will the Nets be this year lol.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Ceiling is Marcus Camby?
    Camby LOVED to get out of position and gamble defensively. Noel in theory could be better defensively. Not sure he'll get there offensively, he's really got work to do there.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Unless they trade for one this season, they'll likely be without one. Their guard situation is pretty bad right now. Kendall Marshall is an excellent passer and should feed the bigs some easy looks, but coming off an ACL tear he may be limited in his ability to create. McConnell has seemed decent actually this preseason, which I didn't expect. Stauskas may show something, but I'm not really sure. I guess those two likely lotto picks next draft will help boost the perimeter talent.

Noel was the best defensive rookie since the merger. I think he'll cement himself as the 2nd best player of his class, up to this point, behind Gobert this season. He seems like a legit building block and I expect him to make some strides this year. I'm actually surprised by how the Okafor/Noel pairing isn't as bad as I expected.

He's a good passer and seems more confident taking jumpers, which is a big step from his UK days. I don't think he'll ever develop a real post-up game and his slight frame may preclude him from ever being efficient working on the blocks. His faceup game seems to have improved- he seems comfortable catching the ball in the high post and straight line driving into the paint. He has had a bad FG% for a big but I wouldn't expect that to be above 50% this year- he'll take too many jumpers.

I think Nerlens is actually a pretty fun player to watch. Sidenote- just how bad will the Nets be this year lol.
    How about Tony Wroten? What's going on with him these days? Dude was going off before his injury.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    How about Tony Wroten? What's going on with him these days? Dude was going off before his injury.
    I think he'll be out out a while since he's still recovering from that torn ACL.

Dude attacks the paint relentlessly with his strong hand, but I'm not so sure about his decision-making and distributing. Seems like he's a sparkplug type off the bench who'll just bulldoze into the lane. No telling how quick he'll be after that injury, too. I feel like if boosts his value he'll just get traded for a 2nd rounder by the deadline.

I think he'll be out out a while since he's still recovering from that torn ACL.

Dude attacks the paint relentlessly with his strong hand, but I'm not so sure about his decision-making and distributing. Seems like he's a sparkplug type off the bench who'll just bulldoze into the lane. No telling how quick he'll be after that injury, too. I feel like if boosts his value he'll just get traded for a 2nd rounder by the deadline.
    Completely agree on Noel. On Wrotten, he could be cut since he is still scheduled to return around Dec.Don't know if it's prudent to keep a roster spot for him..He probably will lose some explosiveness which is the entirety of his game. If no one pick him up, we could re-sign him again later if needed.

Noel is set to have a big year. Showing why he was #1 potential before his injury.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Completely agree on Noel. On Wrotten, he could be cut since he is still scheduled to return around Dec.Don't know if it's prudent to keep a roster spot for him..He probably will lose some explosiveness which is the entirety of his game. If no one pick him up, we could re-sign him again later if needed.
    I didn't actually consider this. Not sure a team would even sign him with him still recovering.

I'm not sure how it the roster will shake out but I'd just cut ties with Landry at this point I think. I wouldn't want to lose out on a guy like C. Wood just because they have a vet "mentor" on the roster.

Nice, insightful comment