Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: The anti-espn top 25 list

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Very good list, and nearly identical to mine except that I have KAJ over Wilt.

Its great seeing another poster rate Shaq accordingly. His value and dominance couldn't be more understated with these garbage media rankings.
    I feel Shaq is underappreciated seeing as how he always raised his Game in the Playoffs and being the 2nd best Finals Performer of All-Time means a lot. However him burning bridges with multiple teams and his laziness hurts him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    I feel Shaq is underappreciated seeing as how he always raised his Game in the Playoffs and being the 2nd best Finals Performer of All-Time means a lot. However him burning bridges with multiple teams and his laziness hurts him as well.
    Thats all true, but Shaq had even more weaknesses. Like FTs (strategy hack a Shaq isnt flattering in the Playoffs, isnt?), or being solid but not elite defensively, thats additional reasons why I rank Hakeem above him - Dream had no such weaknesses, plus he was way more clutch. Its why Dream managed to sweep Shaq in the Finals. Even though their raw stats were comparable, but when it counted the most, Hakeem came through in the clutch and Shaq didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    are you a Dirk fan? if yes, why do you have a red bar? nobody should give a Dirk fan a red bar (we are so few )
    yea but hes kind of a shit poster

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    MJ
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Russell
    Magic
    Shaq
    Duncan
    Bird
    Lebron
    Kobe
    Hakeem
    Oscar
    West
    Moses
    Dr.J
    Malone
    Dirk
    Barkley
    Garnett
    Wade
    Baylor
    Robinson
    Isiah
    Mikan
    Pippen
    Respectable list. I don't agree with everything, but it's a good list. This is a list from someone that knows the game knows the games history. Espn only counts from 1990 on. You putting Wilt at #2 makes it legitimate. People that put Wilt below 3 and that's a stretch their lists are not respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    Respectable list. I don't agree with everything, but it's a good list. This is a list from someone that knows the game knows the games history. Espn only counts from 1990 on. You putting Wilt at #2 makes it legitimate. People that put Wilt below 3 and that's a stretch their lists are not respectable.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    Thats all true, but Shaq had even more weaknesses. Like FTs (strategy hack a Shaq isnt flattering in the Playoffs, isnt?), or being solid but not elite defensively, thats additional reasons why I rank Hakeem above him - Dream had no such weaknesses, plus he was way more clutch. Its why Dream managed to sweep Shaq in the Finals. Even though their raw stats were comparable, but when it counted the most, Hakeem came through in the clutch and Shaq didnt.
    Shaq was clutch as well. I remembered seeing somewhere he had one of the Top 5 4th Averages in the NBA Finals in '95, he lead the '00 Playoffs in 4th Quarter scoring IIRC, and I'm sure with more research I could find stats with him showing up in 4th Quarters.

I do agree with the Free Throws being a weakness but Shaq would make some when they mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Shaq was clutch as well. I remembered seeing somewhere he had one of the Top 5 4th Averages in the NBA Finals in '95, he lead the '00 Playoffs in 4th Quarter scoring IIRC, and I'm sure with more research I could find stats with him showing up in 4th Quarters.

I do agree with the Free Throws being a weakness but Shaq would make some when they mattered.
    I'm not saying Shaq was bad in the clutch, I said Hakeem was more clutch than Shaq.

Speaking of last minutes of the games, I remember Phil sometimes benching Shaq because he was a liability at FTs.

Thats why when I rank players, I take into account not just their raw stats (and Shaq was arguably GOAT in the post), but all the circumstances and the context, as well as their mentality. Therefore I find it surprising that a lot of people rank Shaq higher than Hakeem, or even have Dream outside of Top10, its just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuff Said
    Tim Duncan. A highly intelligent leader.
    Tim Duncan? That is not Bill Russell's archetype at all. Bill Russell was raw as phuck. He was a fluid athlete but he had no scoring instincts and he had no ingrained muscle memory moves. Ran like a deer but looked stiff trying to perform any move (a sign of someone who has great natural coordination but nothing ingrained from a young age). Also, unlike Duncan, Russell was an exceptional athlete.