I have a cousin with a house that he converted into a four one bedroom apartment setup. The neighborhood is okay, and most importantly it's near a major employer. He gets I believe 800 bucks a month for each apartment. He has had Section 8 in there, and they paid less. I want to say low 700s. It was a number the state established, and it was oddly specific, like 716.54 or something. Anyway, he did say it worked will for him. The money was automatic. Something the other renters weren't always good on. He got lucky for the most part and had good renters, but he did wind up with girl who had a pretty bad drug problem and wound up having to evict her, however, she wasn't the section 8 renter. Basically he said it the thing was, the market he was renting too wasn't going to get him super high end renters anyway. Weather they were state or not, it was a bit of crapshoot if you got just a tough luck hard working case, or someone who was just limited on what they were capable of doing for money, or someone who was just a scumbag. And he knew he could go to the state to help with eviction if it really warranted it, but it would have to be severe.

I also know a guy who works as a maintenance guy for the town who that houses a lot of public housing people. Again, some are great, some are horrible. But they've been instructed that problems should go upstairs where they'll forward them to the housing department, which is an easier solution than having to deal with getting a lawyer to deal with a real eviction.