Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Former Facebook Workers: We Routinely Suppressed Conservative News

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Solid input. I feel like nobody is really arguing they can't do what they did. Actually, I know nobody is arguing that. So, well thought out statement.

Any opinion on parading yourself, and your company, as a bastion of free thought while simultaneously doing the opposite?
    Seems pretty par for the course. Everyone does the opposite of what they preach. Facebook censors shit, conservatives blow dudes in bathrooms or cheat on wives. Anti racism champions are generally the most racist as you've pointed out numerous times before.

I also don't use Twitter or Facebook so I'm probably a bad person to ask.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Didn't even know people used FB as a news source...thought it was just used to continue high school on the internet and so that your great aunt who lives out in BFE can see pics of you.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    But it wasn't coming from the top..
    Did you even watch the link I posted. They do a good job of going into details, the issue is more nuanced than you you're making it out to be. It's individuals within Facebook that control news feeds and what's trending. Sometimes they have good reason to (perfect is example is that I wouldn't post any of the garbage that Breibart publishes without multiple independent sources backing it up). Then you post an example that actually has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Aren't you one of those guys who compares Trump to Hitler and Trump (or even just all Republicans) supporters to Klansmen?
    No

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Did you even watch the link I posted. They do a good job of going into details, the issue is more nuanced than you you're making it out to be. It's individuals within Facebook that control news feeds and what's trending. Sometimes they have good reason to (perfect is example is that I wouldn't post any of the garbage that Breibart publishes without multiple independent sources backing it up). Then you post an example that actually has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

No
    The problem is that these curators were clearly biased one way and circumventing what everyone thought would be a process largely determined by algoriithims. How as a user can I trust they will verify independent sources for liberal topics the same way they filtered conservative topics? There is also no excuse for inserting topics that weren't trending and to label it as trending.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Didn't even know people used FB as a news source...thought it was just used to continue high school on the internet and so that your great aunt who lives out in BFE can see pics of you.
    This. Who goes to FB for news?

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker

No
    I did.

That's what my 'didn't come from the top' sarcastic post came from.

Zuk was caught on mic telling Merkel he'd take care of the online discontent for Muslim immigrants.

Oops.