Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Which players could help push the Spurs over the top? (Noah, Gasol, Conley, etc)

With the announcement that Ginobili is opting out, to either re-sign or retire, and Duncan's decision looming, who do yall think the Spurs will target?

Obviously no signing will make them automatic champs, but like any team they have to make a push in the offseason.

If Duncan comes back I'd love Joakim Noah on the team, hell even if TD doesn't come back.

Nicolas Batum would be a natural fit, but could him and Kawhi share a ton of minutes together?

Would love to see the Spurs move Parker or convince him to come off the bench for a younger/better player (he's 34 and a shell of his 24 yo self), but his contract ain't all that

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Which players could help push the Spurs over the top? (Noah, Gasol, Conley, etc)

Kevin Durant would be dope but just don't see it happening

Default Re: Which players could help push the Spurs over the top? (Noah, Gasol, Conley, etc)

No Parker would be a great start.

Im wary of c*nts too old, need some youth injection.

Would love a younger athletic C.

Would also love a SG this season.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    No Parker would be a great start.

Im wary of c*nts too old, need some youth injection.

Would love a younger athletic C.

Would also love a SG this season.
    yeah I feel that

Conley and Gasol would be a jokeishly good, but getting them is a bit of a stretch. In terms of what the Spurs could do without a major overhaul, I'd say they should try to get Noah and a player like Caron Butler. Kyle Anderson is an NBA-level player, sure, but the Spurs can't afford to play him in meaningful games and if he is their shot of youth then that's a problem. I realize Butler is old but he packs a scoring punch with good defense. His stock isn't overly high right now either.

My goodness does this team miss Bellinelli though. I'd give up Martin and Anderson for him in a heartbeat.

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

parker can't play anymore so a pg is more important
    they will try to get conley
    everyone wants the max do you think conley will demand max contract ;

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

PG - Parker, Mills, murray
    SG - Manu, Hezonja
    SF- Batum, Green, simmons
    PF- Kawhi, Dudley, anderson
    C- Horford, Diaw

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbo Coles
    SG - Manu, Hezonja
    C- Horford, Diaw
    Aren't all of em signed somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime_Shaq
    Aren't all of em signed somewhere else?
    Yeah, they're the moves Pop should have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbo Coles
    SG - Manu, Hezonja
    C- Horford, Diaw
    That team would get obliterated on the interior, and getting Batum at the expense of playing Kawhi at his position wouldn't even be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor
    That team would get obliterated on the interior, and getting Batum at the expense of playing Kawhi at his position wouldn't even be worth it.
    By who, teams that don't even play inside? Small ball rules, that roster would devastate. That frontcourt matches up well with the Warriors, their only real opposition in a first to four wins.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

With an aging Tony Parker, I say Russell Westbrook would be a great fit. Leonard and him would make for a great fast break duo, Aldridge and Gasol, will take of business down low.

Conley - $30 mil - LOL. Even Peak Duncan only got $21 mill? Don't agree with trading away Diaw. They should just wait and hope to get Westbrooke next year - where would he be going? - not CLE, not GSW, not LAC.

I rep Lakers!

They need youth at this point. They are so old and on the brink of having to do a complete rebuild. No free agents could really help them. They need an Anthony Davis/Brandon Ingram type of young star. Kawhi and Aldridge are good but they will not put them over the top in the future.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    They need youth at this point. They are so old and on the brink of having to do a complete rebuild. No free agents could really help them. They need an Anthony Davis/Brandon Ingram type of young star. Kawhi and Aldridge are good but they will not put them over the top in the future.
    Westbrook