Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
Results 196 to 209 of 209

Thread: 2018 Off Season Thread

  1. #196
    NBA Superstar 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,298

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    As a raider fan I hate this trade. In addition to receiving two 1st round picks we also give away a 2020 2nd round pick, which is inexcusable considering how great of a player Mack is.

  2. #197
    hugh mungus what? Nanners's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    9,870

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Not going to be easy to find a Mack. You spend drafts looking for one. When you find one I’m not so sure you trade him for chances to find another.
    They didnt trade him for the chance to find another rusher, they traded him because signing him would have put the team in salary cap hell. If Oakland had given mack the 23m/yr he was demanding, they would have 1/4 of their entire cap dedicated to just 2 players.

    If Carr was still on his rookie deal (like Trubisky), then maybe it would have made sense for the Raiders to pay Mack

  3. #198
    Facts Are Misleading
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    A Court Near You
    Posts
    8,566

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    They don't need to find another Mack. With the money they saved and the picks they now have Gruden has what he needs to build the team how he sees fit.

    Also they gave away a second for a 3rd and 6th so not exactly a big deal. Framing it like OMG they also have up a second in addition to Mack is factually correct but misleading and only trying to validate the narrative of bad deal for oak.

  4. #199
    Sixers|Eagles|Phillies GOBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Illadelph live 215
    Posts
    47,280

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    They didnt trade him for the chance to find another rusher, they traded him because signing him would have put the team in salary cap hell. If Oakland had given mack the 23m/yr he was demanding, they would have 1/4 of their entire cap dedicated to just 2 players.

    If Carr was still on his rookie deal (like Trubisky), then maybe it would have made sense for the Raiders to pay Mack
    Good luck finding another Mack. Prime time players cost especially young ones who have accomplished as much as he has thus far. Just the facts of life. Aaron Donald got paid. Good thing they didn

  5. #200
    Sixers|Eagles|Phillies GOBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Illadelph live 215
    Posts
    47,280

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    They don't need to find another Mack. With the money they saved and the picks they now have Gruden has what he needs to build the team how he sees fit.

    Also they gave away a second for a 3rd and 6th so not exactly a big deal. Framing it like OMG they also have up a second in addition to Mack is factually correct but misleading and only trying to validate the narrative of bad deal for oak.
    Teams spend countless first rd picks to land a Mack. They finally land one and trade him because Gruden can now build the team how he sees fit. Hilarious.

  6. #201
    2011 Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    2011
    Posts
    18,756

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    looks like a win-win for both teams... but the edge goes to the Raiders.

    Vegas's future is secure.

    Gruden with a 10 year contract.... and a $hit load of draft picks. Can't go wrong with that strategy.

    I can see why 2018 Oakland fans would be unhappy though.

  7. #202
    Facts Are Misleading
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    A Court Near You
    Posts
    8,566

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Teams spend countless first rd picks to land a Mack. They finally land one and trade him because Gruden can now build the team how he sees fit. Hilarious.
    He's one player GoBB. Even the great JJ Watt when he was still an absolute monster (way better than Mack) his team went like 1-15 or something like that?

    Unless it's a top tier QB who can mask poor rosters in the regular season (they will eventually get exposed in playoffs vs good teams) one great player isn't going to do much for you.

    Raiders defebse was ass last year even with Mack. They can't get much worse.

    They turned Mack into the most highly coveted future assets and money to spend on acquiring 3 good players.

    Oaklands roster is not very good. They aren't messing with the Pats Steelers Jags this year or next probably. The window for them is 2-3 years away and this move gives them ideal assets to build a proper team around Carr

  8. #203
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    ~dallas,texas~ team: ~cowboys~
    Posts
    24,656

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    Nike signs Kap to use for their 30 anniversary ads

    Extreme righties burning nike shoes everywhere

  9. #204
    NBA All-star DukeDelonte13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
    looks like a win-win for both teams... but the edge goes to the Raiders.

    Vegas's future is secure.

    Gruden with a 10 year contract.... and a $hit load of draft picks. Can't go wrong with that strategy.

    I can see why 2018 Oakland fans would be unhappy though.

    Draft picks are magic beans. What are the odds that first round picks actually turn into productive starters, not to mention pro bowlers?

    Granted this is coming from a browns fan.

  10. #205
    hugh mungus what? Nanners's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    9,870

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Draft picks are magic beans. What are the odds that first round picks actually turn into productive starters, not to mention pro bowlers?

    Granted this is coming from a browns fan.
    Its not really about the picks, ultimately the trade was all about managing the raiders salary situation.

    No doubt draft picks are lottery tickets, you win some and lose some... but whats important is that they are cheap lottery tickets. A first round pick in the 10-20 range is going to make 2-3m/yr over 4 years, while mack wanted multiple years at 24m/yr. So not only do the Raiders get two lottery tickets, but those lottery tickets are locked into cheap contracts which leaves an extra ~18m worth of salary room that they wouldnt have had otherwise.

    If you are still dubious, just ask yourself what Belichick would have done. Just a year or two ago he gave up Chandler Jones for a second rounder, I think this trade would have been a no brainer for him.

  11. #206
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jailblazers7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    20,796

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Nike signs Kap to use for their 30 anniversary ads

    Extreme righties burning nike shoes everywhere
    I hope they're ready to burn all their team jerseys because Nike is the official uniform supplier of the league.

  12. #207
    2011 Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    2011
    Posts
    18,756

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    [b][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-yZ_7KRHvk"]

  13. #208
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The "Q"
    Posts
    27,879

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    The FoxNews crowd has tried and failed to protest so many damn companies, it is almost a badge of honor at this point. The chances Nike takes any kind of hit with a demographic that matters to them is less than zero.

    The far right has become such an embarrassment at this stage, there are no words that can express their cringiness.

    To be fair, Kapernick is not exactly the greatest spokesperson for racial issues in America. But, he is Frederick Douglas compared to the Trumper crowd.

    So much cringe in America atm.

  14. #209
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The "Q"
    Posts
    27,879

    Default Re: 2018 Off Season Thread

    [QUOTE=Doomsday Dallas][b][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-yZ_7KRHvk"]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •