Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

Default Damn we f*ckd ourselves by trading Iman Shumpert

The guy single handedly created our culture, identity, and confidence

Taught the young guys how to be alpha males

A true leader

Default Re: Damn we f*ckd ourselves by trading Iman Shumpert

You mean the guy who's more serious about his music than basketball and considers himself a rapper before all else created your team's culture? No wonder the Kings are fked up.

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

I haven't followed your team enough this year to truly assess his impact but from on the outside looking in, he seemed to have turned a corner in his career (being a leader, starting a number of games etc)

That said, Barnes also seems like a tangible upgrade no?

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Its crazy he got traded cause Iman really loved playing with the young core.He even deferred to fox when he himself (iman) was on fire......He never did that shit with LeBron and if he did he would pout like a bch when he had to give the ball to LeBron so he could initiate the offense.

He really had you boys playing hard.Yall were in it til the end, in almost every game he played this season.I noticed it OP, tough loss for the team but hopefully for yall, the culture continues even with the vets leaving.Trading for Barnes is Vlade's way of going all in on making a playoff push.

Sadly, i think it will backfire and yall will get worse.Barnes doesnt make any team better but maybe im wrong on that

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid
    Its crazy he got traded cause Iman really loved playing with the young core.He even deferred to fox when he himself (iman) was on fire......He never did that shit with LeBron and if he did he would pout like a bch when he had to give the ball to LeBron so he could initiate the offense.

He really had you boys playing hard.Yall were in it til the end, in almost every game he played this season.I noticed it OP, tough loss for the team but hopefully for yall, the culture continues even with the vets leaving.Trading for Barnes is Vlade's way of going all in on making a playoff push.

Sadly, i think it will backfire and yall will get worse.Barnes doesnt make any team better but maybe im wrong on that
    Well said.

Barnes just brings them more of what they already have and not more of what they need IMO.

At least he's better than James f*cking Ennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid

He was the cool Uncle of the team, everyone wanted to impress him

Offense wins games in this league.

Barnes is a better offensive player, good 3-point shooter.

This trade will make the Kings better. That's why Lebron was so shook on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wait

This trade will make the Kings better. That's why Lebron was so shook on Instagram
    Keeping Shump would keep our locker room strong and heading into the final 30 ish games in my opinion

There has to be way for Vlade to keep Shump and still get Harrison Barnes

Get rid of ZBo and add Koufos or something

Shump was literally our identity

We better bring him back in the offseason

What he did for the Kings this season was the most leadership I've seen by any NBA player ever, call me crazy

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wait

offense doesn't win without defense and vice versa

if your culture was based on Iman Shumpert then you were having big fvcking problems anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    if your culture was based on Iman Shumpert then you were having big fvcking problems anyway
    Big ****in problems?

Iman Shumpert is responsible for the best locker room environment in the league

Who creates great locker rooms? LeBron? Mr BITW? **** no. Look at that Laker locker room rn, it's a complete joke whereas the Kings players couldnt get enough of each other

Before the season, the only team projected to win less then us was the Hawks

Want to know the difference between last year and this year? Confidence and identity

And whos playing major minutes, starting at SF, that we didn't have last year?

Iman Shumpert.

He may be a joke in Cleveland where LeBron kills true organic team spirit...

But in Sac that man was the best leader in the NBA by far