Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Article on Keith Smart, Jimmer's first NBA coach, being racist...

Very good NBA starter

I'd like to contribute but the powers of this forum has told me they prefer Simon over my insights.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

The real reason is that Fredette is an asshole. Everybody knows that by now, I can't believe people still harp on him yet were able to just let Adam Morrison go.

They gave Jimmer a second chance, and he's blowing it. To no one's surprise.

Sorry Justin. He sucks b/c he sucks, not because he's white.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Stalker, bro.....outrageous claims require outrageous proof. You need more than what you're bringing to the table to convince anyone beyond sounding like a crazy conspiracy kook focused on racism. Videos of these games exist, play-by play game logs. Do a real presentation of your case and maybe it'd make more sense. Otherwise you seem to be trying to hard to make a race related thread.
    This

High School Varsity 6th Man Miles and Miles's Avatar

So many conspiracy theories in here I can't keep it all straight. Now someone explain to me why Jimmer can't get off the bench for the Suns this year? Is that racism too?

Jimmer is very skilled on offense, but he's a huge ball hog / chucker and he can't play in a system where everything doesn't revolve around him.

He chose the league in China (the all-time greatest ball hog league) over playing in Europe (the most team oriented basketball)....

With that being said, the NBA is full of worse players than Jimmer, so he should have a place in the NBA.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles and Miles
    So many conspiracy theories in here I can't keep it all straight. Now someone explain to me why Jimmer can't get off the bench for the Suns this year? Is that racism too?
    Racism.

Jimmer quickly scored 6 points in 5 minutes and was yanked with a +9 in the first half and never saw the floor again.

They knew he had a rhythm and would further expose the racism if they put him back in.

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]So Igor Kokoskov sets his rotation by the

Teams love guys who can make 3s and would happily add shooters if they are not complete liabilities in other areas.

There are also teams (Dallas, San Antonio, Utah, Boston) which historically have more than the usual number of white guys.

Steve Kerr lasted 15 years in the NBA by making 3s and doing little else.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Teams love guys who can make 3s and would happily add shooters if they are not complete liabilities in other areas.

There are also teams (Dallas, San Antonio, Utah, Boston) which historically have more than the usual number of white guys.

Steve Kerr lasted 15 years in the NBA by making 3s and doing little else.
    Pigeonholing white players to being spot up shooters is racist.

Jimmer is not a catch and shoot player and never has been.

He's great creating his own shots and is much more comfortable shooting off the dribble.

They'll let a white PG slip through the cracks once in a while, but not often.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife

He's great creating his own shots and is much more comfortable shooting off the dribble.

I never said he was a "catch and shoot player"....

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife

I wonder why only once in awhile

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    I never said he was a "catch and shoot player"....

Here's what you actually said...

"Teams are okay with whites as long as they stand in a corner and make threes and are okay with rap music in the locker room."

Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    I wonder why only once in awhile
    Sometimes a player is so good that you can't deny him.

Like Luka, even though his own teammates tried denying him and were shipped out.

Jimmer has to find a rhythm and can look bad if you manipulate his game and don't give him a real opportunity.

Jimmer is not Luka or Nash, but he is a starting PG.