Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anthony Davis and Alex Caruso are both first team all defense

Caruso is by far the defensive anchor on the perimeter and AD is the most versatile defensive player in the league with top level rim protection

i doubted Davis defense in the past but its looking like it was just a Gentry issue whos a good offensive coach but horrible defensively. The change from Gentry to Vogel defensively has been tremendous

Danny and KCP have been amazing too but they wont make a team. Dwight is up there with any big when he plays but wont have the minutes for it

Default Re: Anthony Davis and Alex Caruso are both first team all defense

Ur right

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Caruso is by far the defensive anchor on the perimeter and AD is the most versatile defensive player in the league with top level rim protection

i doubted Davis defense in the past but its looking like it was just a Gentry issue whos a good offensive coach but horrible defensively. The change from Gentry to Vogel defensively has been tremendous

Danny and KCP have been amazing too but they wont make a team. Dwight is up there with any big when he plays but wont have the minutes for it
    Danny should make it. He been a top Perimeter defender for a while.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

First Team All-D is probably

AD
    Antetokuonmpo
    Leonard
    Simmons
    Smart

With Paul George, Embiid and Pat Beverly most likely to replace one of those guys. Even if Caruso is worthy he's too new to the NBA to get that kind of recognition.

It will be Caruso that saves lebron’s career in the finals with the clutch go ahead shot.

You heard it here first.

[QUOTE=egokiller]It will be Caruso that saves lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

AD
    Antetokuonmpo
    Leonard
    Simmons
    Smart

With Paul George, Embiid and Pat Beverly most likely to replace one of those guys. Even if Caruso is worthy he's too new to the NBA to get that kind of recognition.

Respect that you actually recognize Caruso. Im thoroughly impressed by him. He's sticking to guys like Damian Lillard and actually shutting them down. His awareness is off the charts, 6'5 athletic guy who can stand in front of his man. Doesn't play weak, flop or any of that BS. Its so refreshing to see a normal basketball player.

Local High School Star

Pretty sure they don't give it to guys who play 20.6 MPG

AD
    Antetokuonmpo
    Leonard
    Simmons
    Smart

PG is taking that spot. Is Smart really the best PG on defense in the league, I don't watch Boston games.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    PG is taking that spot. Is Smart really the best PG on defense in the league, I don't watch Boston games.
    Beverly has a lot of supporters and I'm not going to knock him but the Celtics have had Smart successfully defend bigs. In the time Hayward has been out the Cs have normally started Walker, Smart, Tatum, Brown and Theis. Tatum and Brown's ability to switch has been important, Kemba Walker has shown a level of fight that surprised me, and Theis has been solid defending the basket. But I really can't think of anyone in Smart's height range (6'4 and smaller) that could take on the assignments that he does. As good as the others are he's the leader of the Celtics defense (and the overall leader as well), and the Cs are 4th in defensive rating (whatever that means, TBH I don't know where they get these numbers from but I know the Cetic D is a major strength). The Celtics defend at this high level almost never playing two bigs simultaneously, their best rebounder coming off the bench (Kanter, who isn't that good defensively), their top statistical rebounders are the wings. This should not be a good defensive team. But it is, and although there are other good defenders (Brown and Tatum might sneak on to one of the All-D lower levels) Smart is the leader of it and the main reason.

Danny Green
    Avery Bradley
    Alex Caruso
    Anthony Davis

1st and 2nd team all defense.

Mix and match.

Seriously all troll aside this might be the most stacked superteam of all time

Beverly has a lot of supporters and I'm not going to knock him but the Celtics have had Smart successfully defend bigs. In the time Hayward has been out the Cs have normally started Walker, Smart, Tatum, Brown and Theis. Tatum and Brown's ability to switch has been important, Kemba Walker has shown a level of fight that surprised me, and Theis has been solid defending the basket. But I really can't think of anyone in Smart's height range (6'4 and smaller) that could take on the assignments that he does. As good as the others are he's the leader of the Celtics defense (and the overall leader as well), and the Cs are 4th in defensive rating (whatever that means, TBH I don't know where they get these numbers from but I know the Cetic D is a major strength). The Celtics defend at this high level almost never playing two bigs simultaneously, their best rebounder coming off the bench (Kanter, who isn't that good defensively), their top statistical rebounders are the wings. This should not be a good defensive team. But it is, and although there are other good defenders (Brown and Tatum might sneak on to one of the All-D lower levels) Smart is the leader of it and the main reason.
    Brad Stevens knows how to hide bad defenders, like Isaiah when he was there. He sounds like a guard Draymond, I might watch him more even though I hate Boston

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Why do the Lakers have a better defensive rating with Lebron on the court than AD

Anyone?