Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Was Queen's Live Aid performance the best live performance of all time?

Him, Mick, Prince, and MJ have the greatest stage presence of all time. But I put this as the GOAT live performance

Default Re: Was Queen's Live Aid performance the best live performance of all time?

Freddy is da goat. So I'm gonna say from the clips I have seen, yes. The way he included the crowd was second to none

Default Re: Was Queen's Live Aid performance the best live performance of all time?

Queen Live at Wembley '86 was much better. The whole crowd was for them and it makes the show exponentially better.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer View Post
    Queen Live at Wembley '86 was much better. The whole crowd was for them and it makes the show exponentially better.

I go to disagree man. Band Aid was an epic event based on the world recognition of famine in Ethiopia. It had every popular European act at the time headlined by the Beatles. And Freddie stole the show. He outdid the Beatles, Phil Collins, Sting, U2....that really says something

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    I go to disagree man. Band Aid was an epic event based on the world recognition of famine in Ethiopia. It had every popular European act at the time headlined by the Beatles. And Freddie stole the show. He outdid the Beatles, Phil Collins, Sting, U2....that really says something
    The Beatles broke up after recording Abbey Road 16 years prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    The Beatles broke up after recording Abbey Road 16 years prior.
    Right. I actually meant Paul McCartney singing let it be lol

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    I love me Alicia. That was dope for sure

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post

Freddie definitely hammed it up. It helped that they were one of the last groups performing. I really liked U2's performance with Bono going out into the crowd. The rest of the band couldn't see him so they just kept on playing. When he finally got back to the stage and finished the song they were ushered off because they'd used up all their allotted time and they didn't get to play Pride in the Name of Love which was their current single. Larry, Adam and Edge were pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul View Post
    Freddie definitely hammed it up. It helped that they were one of the last groups performing. I really liked U2's performance with Bono going out into the crowd. The rest of the band couldn't see him so they just kept on playing. When he finally got back to the stage and finished the song they were ushered off because they'd used up all their allotted time and they didn't get to play Pride in the Name of Love which was their current single. Larry, Adam and Edge were pissed.
    I looked at the Playlist and Queen was in the middle. Elton John, The Who, Bowie, and Paul McCartney followed him. That's why I though it was special

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Elton John & George Michael for me.

Can't find a video but Kanye West doing Runaway at the 2010 VMAs was a great moment. Going into a hostile crowd who hated him and flipping the script was epic. The fact that footage is banned makes it even more special

Under Pressure.