Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: The gap between 11' Dirk and his 2nd option... versus the gap between MJ and Pip

Quote Originally Posted by Young X View Post
    This is a perfect example of fans not having a defensive mentality. Pippen struggled often offensively in the playoffs, but it's his defense that made him great.

It's like when fans see a low scoring game and they automatically think both teams are playing bad.

Whenever you're watching a game, don't just look at made and missed shots. You can struggle to score and still play well.
    We know that the "defense" argument is bullshit because AD is a better defender and if he scored like Pippen, the Lakers would lose in the 1st round

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: The gap between 11' Dirk and his 2nd option... versus the gap between MJ and Pip

Fun fact: 34-year-old Jason Terry was a 6th man coming off the bench while Pippen is allegedly superstar player.

That really doesn't matter because as Dirk said at the time under normal circumstances they would not have been able to beat the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Which means Wade's piss poor defense let Terry go off.
    What? LeBron's piss poor defense is how Terry went off. Don't drag Wade's name through the mud.

Per doesn't really account for defense very well.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

3-ball so Jason Terry was a better player than Pippen? I am not a Lebron fan or Jordan fan but even you must admit you are going too far. From the era that i watched Jordan is the best but he did have the best 2nd option than the rest of the 90's superstars and stars.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound View Post
    3-ball so Jason Terry was a better player than Pippen? I am not a Lebron fan or Jordan fan but even you must admit you are going too far. From the era that i watched Jordan is the best but he did have the best 2nd option than the rest of the 90's superstars and stars.
    According to MJ stans, everybody is a better player than Pippen. This is what they do: they hide behind a specific player or two in a given thread but ask yourself this. When, if ever, have you seen MJ stans arguing Pippen was better than anyone?

Moreover, these same Pippen critics/MJ stans, do you see them say a negative word about any 90's player who was not a teammate of MJ?

The are a delusional fan base and LeBron is breaking them more year by year.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    Per doesn't really account for defense very well.
    per is certainly not perfect like any other metric.

It still doesn't look good in Pippen's favour.

Local High School Star

Pippen's defense is brought up often, but he wasn't impacting games like a bigman. It simply gets overrated by LeBron fans. They know their deity can't score like Jordan or carry teams on offense so they cope with the "defense" argument. Pippen wasn't Tim Duncan. Stop it

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

How about doing the same exercise with MJ stain darling John Stockton and see if MJ stains will stand by their obsession with PPG or hypocritically flip flop? Let's cover the same time frame.

1991: Malone 30, Stockton 18
    1992: Malone 29, Stockton 15
    1993: Malone 24, Stockton 13
    1994: Malone 27, Stockton 14
    1995: Malone 30, Stockton 18
    1996: Malone 27, Stockton 11
    1997: Malone 26, Stockton 16
    1998: Malone 26, Stockton 11

Damn, and Stockton was the second best sidekick of that era. How weak was MJ's comp if the sidekicks on those teams were Stockton and Starks--both 14-15 PPG scorers in the playoffs for their primes