Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Dak is Back

Default Re: Dak is Back

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    It was greater... and It was basically the last opportunity for a title for three great players: Dirk, Kidd, and Marion, so much was on the line.

And you have to factor in our playoff run against Kobe & Durant... It wasn't just about beating the ultimate Super Team in the finals. Who did the CAVS and PISTONS beat going into the finals? I don't even remember. But people do remember Kobe, Phil and the Lakers getting swept.

Lebron has gone on to win it again... 16' Cavs is probably #2 in terms of "epic" and 04' Piston's #3... No doubt these 3 are the holy trinity of greatest and most cherished NBA rings ever... but sorry, Dallas is #1, not by much... but enough to where it should be clear to any average NBA fan without bias/favoritism.

Now that I think about it a bit more, I tend to agree.

That mavs championship was amazing... I mean how on earth do you win a championship with either JJ Barea or Deshawn Stevenson and a 38 year old Jason Kidd as your 2 starting guards? I remember being blown away by Jason Kidds defense in that series, he shut down Lebron about as well as anyone I have ever seen.

If the Cowboys can beat Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes in the Super Bowl... A doomsday defense led by rookie MLB Parsons... that's a potential scenario that could be more epic than my 2011 Mavs.

Hopefully we stay healthy these last two weeks and capture the #2 or #3 seed... looks like GB is getting the first round BYE.
    I think its going to come down to coaching. The cowboys seem to have as much talent as anyone.
    Last edited by Nanners; 12-31-2021 at 11:16 PM.

The boys are probably going to play the Cardinals, maybe the Rams if San Francisco balls out today. They aren't a lock to beat either one.

Cowboys-49ers, it's the 1990's again.