View Poll Results: Does Curry surpass Kobe & Hakeem if he wins?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • He passes Kobe, not Hakeem

2 13.33%
  • He passes Hakeem, not Kobe

1 6.67%
  • He passes both

8 53.33%
  • He will still be below them

4 26.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Real talk, does Curry surpass Hakeem and/or Kobe if he wins a title?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Hakeem has DPOY, Curry has more MVPS, the only UMVP in NBA history and more titles with superstar production. (most important thing)

Hakeem literally had a 2 year stretch that defined his entire career. Curry has been leading a dynasty for far longer. And he's done it without Durant so that excuse is dead and gone. 1995 Clyde was easily better than anybody outside Curry on this current warrior team.

People just have extreme nostalgia for Hakeem because he had a sexy offensive game. He didn't produce on Currys efficiency though. That's just a fact.
    Lebron has more MVPs, an almost UMVP(1 vote missing), more FMVPs and at worst as many superstar production titles as Kobe. So Lebron >>> Kobe? You sure you wanna go down that road?

Default Re: Real talk, does Curry surpass Hakeem and/or Kobe if he wins a title?

OP,

Finals MVP? Or just another 2015/2018 title?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    Lebron has more MVPs, an almost UMVP(1 vote missing), more FMVPs and at worst as many superstar production titles as Kobe. So Lebron >>> Kobe? You sure you wanna go down that road?
    And Lebron has that all over Curry...and he just got done saying Curry is clearly better than Lebron.

Not airballing my layups anymore

He already surpassed akeem years ago.

Might be just as popular as Kobe. But if he gets his 5th ship? Then I think they are on even ground. Both above lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    And Lebron has that all over Curry...and he just got done saying Curry is clearly better than Lebron.

I love logical fallacies from player stans, they'll always come to haunt them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Pull out your calendar. I got to agree with you. How could Curry have been better than Lebron for the last 10 years?
    Wait... so its ok for LeBron to play with Dwayne Wade and Anthony Davis but Curry can't play with Durant? You re a warrior fan?

He's got to finish off this series though. That is how slim these margins are. I don't disagree a ton with what you say in this comp, but he's got to win this series to vault over Hakeem.

Also, what the **** are you talking about a 2 year stretch? Hakeem made the finals in his 2nd year while doing something like 27/12. Hakeem, in the playoffs, had a 10 year prime of something like 29/12/3 while playing elite all-time defense.

And this is coming from somewhat of a "Hakeem might be a little over-rated based on his numbers" guys in me...I have Duncan over Hakeem...but come on...2 year stretch non-sense.
    Yea and he was a 1st round bounce in every other year.

Everybody knows 1994 and 1995 were the crux of Hakeems legacy. Curry has been advancing further for longer. He won his 1st title with his 2nd option averaging 15 ppg on poor efficiency. I bet you didn't know that. Hakeems 2nd option did better than that.

I need Kenny's opinion on this.

Yes he surpasses Kobe and Hakeem.

But he kinda lacks longevity so it won't be apparent yet. But once he retires he will be cemented next to Larry Bird all time. Prolly top 7.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Everybody knows 1994 and 1995 were the crux of Hakeems legacy. Curry has been advancing further for longer. He won his 1st title with his 2nd option averaging 15 ppg on poor efficiency. I bet you didn't know that. Hakeems 2nd option did better than that.
    This is where those teammates come in and we've been over this so many times. No player is immune to that. Curry couldn't even make the playoffs last year playing great. Kobe missed the playoffs and got bounced in round 1 two seasons in a row...right in the heart of his prime.

Please stop with the "I bet you didn't know that" shit...

I love Curry...but the Hakeem shits needs to stop...and I'm in the Hakeem probably a tad over-rated camp.

End of the day...to actually pass a guy like Hakeem...Curry has to win this title.

Wait... so its ok for LeBron to play with Dwayne Wade and Anthony Davis but Curry can't play with Durant? You re a warrior fan?
    I'm no fan at all. I have a team preference, but that doesn't matter in this context.

You're the one neglecting teammates. Hakeem won a title with Otis Thorpe being his 2nd best player. As said, Curry would neither make the playoffs with the '94 Rockets in '94 or 2022.

His impact is great beyond a doubt, but he needs a team that can feed off his playstyle.

I brought up Lebron, because the points you make for Curry just help Lebron the same way in the debate against Curry and Kobe - players you alway argue for. Not like Kobe didn't get 2 of his superstar production chips feeding off Shaq or Curry having a well run team, with great shooters, semi stars and championship caliber role players - not even speaking about Durant yet.

LeBron team hopped all over the league for his titles.

Kobe and Curry didn't. That's the point. LeBron would never win with just Pau or Klay. In everyone of his titles he had a teammate capable of 25-30 ppg ~ Wade, AD, and kyrie. And All NBA 3rd options like Bosh and Love. So you have to apply context.

Kobe and Curry were capable of winning with less because they don't play AAU is ball. Its checkers to chess.

Tpols wanted none of this smoke

So far '15 and '16 were Curry's career defining years. In '15 he had a well balanced team with a 6th man filling in, facing injury riddled teams in the playoffs. Imo he deserved that FMVP, but it wasn't a run in the same ballpark as Hakeem's '94.

How does tpols get brutally bullied every time he tries to talk basketball? Poor kid is severely mentally disabled.