Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2431323334

Thread: Baseball

Default Re: MLB Season Discussion Thread: 2023

I went to the Red Sox Marathon Monday game. My god, this team's bullpen is absolute shit. Crawford pitches 7 innings of shutout ball. Then the bullpen comes in and absolutely blows it.

NBA Superstar

I don't know how to express how irritated I am at the way the Braves are playing. The last 5 years we've been 5th, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st in home runs. 19th right now.

And it seems like when we do happen to hit it's when we aren't pitching. Nothing is clicking at the same time.

I know this is the baseball equivalent of 1st world problems but fvck is it annoying.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    I don't know how to express how irritated I am at the way the Braves are playing. The last 5 years we've been 5th, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st in home runs. 19th right now.

And it seems like when we do happen to hit it's when we aren't pitching. Nothing is clicking at the same time.

I know this is the baseball equivalent of 1st world problems but fvck is it annoying.
    It's that time of the year where we die-hards like me start the Fire Snit chants.

This team is not the same team it was the last couple of seasons. I think the Strider injury deflated the hell out of this team. The injuries just somehow affected the psyche of these guys. Outside of Ozuna, no one else is hitting, and time and time again I have stressed the importance of overloading our rotation and bullpen, and AA and Co. just go bargain basement shopping while the Phillies run away with the division.

How they continue to roll out Bryce Elder out there is beyond me. That guy doesn't have it. I could have told you that last year after the All-Star break when teams across the league figured him out and started rocking his shit. Thankfully, they sent him down after today's shit show of a performance. They gave Morton another $20 million to do the same shit he always does. He'll have one good game, and one game where he walks 6 and doesn't make it out of the 3rd inning. And Max Fried? Some people touted him as the best lefty in the game....

Pleasantly surprised with Chris Sale. I think he has shot at they Cy and that would be amazing. But will he last the whole season? Who knows. If he goes down, we're ****ed, period. If I had it my way, I'd move Morton to the pen after the deadline, or just run with six starters by trading for one and also calling up one of our top 3 guys in the Minors right now in either AJSS, Schwellenbach, or Waldrep.

They also had a kid in Double A I think that just pitched a no-hitter.
    Last edited by Patrick Chewing; Today at 12:32 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    It's that time of the year where we die-hards like me start the Fire Snit chants.

This team is not the same team it was the last couple of seasons. I think the Strider injury deflated the hell out of this team. The injuries just somehow affected the psyche of these guys. Outside of Ozuna, no one else is hitting, and time and time again I have stressed the importance of overloading our rotation and bullpen, and AA and Co. just go bargain basement shopping while the Phillies run away with the division.

How they continue to roll out Bryce Elder out there is beyond me. That guy doesn't have it. I could have told you that last year after the All-Star break when teams across the league figured him out and started rocking his shit. Thankfully, they sent him down after today's shit show of a performance. They gave Morton another $20 million to do the same shit he always does. He'll have one good game, and one game where he walks 6 and doesn't make it out of the 3rd inning. And Max Fried? Some people touted him as the best lefty in the game....

Pleasantly surprised with Chris Sale. I think he has shot at they Cy and that would be amazing. But will he last the whole season? Who knows. If he goes down, we're ****ed, period. If I had it my way, I'd move Morton to the pen after the deadline, or just run with six starters by trading for one and also calling up one of our top 3 guys in the Minors right now in either AJSS, Schwellenbach, or Waldrep.

They also had a kid in Double A I think that just pitched a no-hitter.
    milwuakee fans don't hav pipe dreams lik the above

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    milwuakee fans don't hav pipe dreams lik the above
    Not sure what you're referring to, but you need to stop following me around in every thread.