View Poll Results: Do you care about the In Season Tournament?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's interesting

11 28.21%
  • lol Absolutely not.

28 71.79%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Exclamation ROLL CALL: Who here is actually intrigued by the In Season Tournament?

Jesus, this is AWFUL.

Eye bleed red court, SIX SCOREBOARDS plastered across the top of the screen...my guy Harlan calling this game like it's Game 7....what the ****?

Some bench player on the Bucks hit an open 3 with 9 minutes left in the 4th and you'd think someone hit the game winner by the way the crew is calling the game. The ballwashing of this tournament and watching guys like Redick claim how it's so fun and interesting is big time cringe.

Please name yourself if you actually have ANY interest in this tournament and its ramifications.

Good college starter

Default Re: ROLL CALL: Who here is actually intrigued by the In Season Tournament?

It’s lame af. The #2 seed in the East who went 3-1 during the qualifiers won’t even have a chance to compete LOL

Embiid > Jokic

Default Re: ROLL CALL: Who here is actually intrigued by the In Season Tournament?

I thought it was an abysmal idea from the get go. You can’t have a tournament a month into the season that is unanimously considered inferior to the one at the end of the year and expect fans to care about it. I honestly can’t think of a more meaningless idea a sport or league has implemented than this one.

College superstar

Reggie out here howling everytime someone makes a shot or a layup and Harlan calling the action like it's Game 7. Even threw Shaq out there for....what?

Then to make matters even worse, which doesn't seem possible, you have commentators and pundits playing up the meaning of point differential and trying to make 40 point blowouts sound like an epic and great thing BeCaUsE PoInt DiFFeReNtIaL MaTTerZz.

This is honestly more embarrassing than the All Star Game, because at least that's widely known as just one big anti-competitive fvckaround.

Facts Are Misleading

It's a pathetic attempt to create buzz.

Banned

I can imagine a scenario where some middle of the road team wins the tournament only to get boosted in the first round of the playoffs.

And then on TNT, they will be featured in the Gone Fishin segment holding the cup.

Embiid > Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    I can imagine a scenario where some middle of the road team wins the tournament only to get boosted in the first round of the playoffs.

And then on TNT, they will be featured in the Gone Fishin segment holding the cup.
    I always felt the team that “wins” this tournament will only get mocked for it after getting bounced from the playoffs.

NBA Superstar

The players by and large seem to care. So if December pro basketball is all of a sudden better for that, then I’m in.

NBA Legend

How long has it been going for? Seems like weeks

Some of the courts look cool, the rest are brutal. Don’t really get the point of it or the format, seems like a not well thought through idea..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by coin24 View Post
    How long has it been going for? Seems like weeks

Some of the courts look cool, the rest are brutal. Don’t really get the point of it or the format, seems like a not well thought through idea..
    more money is the point of it

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    more money is the point of it
    How does it generate much more than a regular season game ??

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by coin24 View Post
    How does it generate much more than a regular season game ??
    be an extra game for starters

NBA Superstar

The thing is, I dont see what it does for ratings.

Casual fans who might tune into an NBA playoff game or the Finals, or maybe a regular season game while channel surfing to watch Lebron or Steph because theyre mainstream famous… I dont think they realize this tournament is happening, nor care.

Whereas the more passionate NBA fans are probably watching based on if its a match up they like, as they always would. I dont think ANYONE is tuning in to watch Pistons-Hawks because it determines who goes to the inseason tournament quarterfinals.

Please clap.

It's alright but I would like to see them come up with a way to break ties other than point differential. They've incentivized running the score up in a few games when it doesn't mean anything. Tonight the Celtics were playing their starters late into the fourth trying to best the Bulls by 40 just in case of some tie breaker scenario. They need to be able to break ties with a small number of games so I get why they took this approach but when you have Mazzulla walking over to Donovan to explain and apologize for what is going on is anything being proven in terms of who is better between the Celtics and Nets? Try prioritizing overall win/loss record instead so that we don't see stiff like that.

Also every alternate court was an eyesore.

Good college starter

Team A beat Team B in the qualifiers.

Team A and Team B both finished 3-1 in the qualifiers.

But Team B will advance to the tournament instead of Team A because their point differential was 5 points greater.

Team A is Orlando and Team B is Boston. That makes literally no sense.