Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Another Illegal Alien kills a U.S. citizen

Happened in Athens, GA. https://www.foxnews.com/us/laken-ril...udents-slaying

Illegal POS from Venezuela:

Laken Riley the victim:

Open borders is to blame. Joe Biden is to blame.

Banned

Default Re: Another Illegal Alien kills a U.S. citizen

Wait, you mean it's not a great idea to have an open border and import hordes of migrants without knowing who they are? Who would have thought?

Tragic of course, but her being the wrong complexion means this story will be swept under the rug. Her life doesn't matter obviously. MAYBE if she was black there would be a minor uproar for a few days from enraged black delegates.

I wonder if this fine young scholar was getting free groceries on the taxpayer dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    Wait, you mean it's not a great idea to have an open border and import hordes of migrants without knowing who they are? Who would have thought?

Tragic of course, but her being the wrong complexion means this story will be swept under the rug. Her life doesn't matter obviously. MAYBE if she was black there would be a minor uproar for a few days from enraged black delegates.

I wonder if this fine young scholar was getting free groceries on the taxpayer dime.
    Georgia is predominantly a Red state, so the only hopeful outcome from this tragic incident is that if her parents or close relatives happen to be Democrat, that they're outraged enough to vote Republican in the next election. Hate to politicize her death, but there is one Party who is vehemently against illegal immigration, and there is the other Party who is not.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Georgia is predominantly a Red state, so the only hopeful outcome from this tragic incident is that if her parents or close relatives happen to be Democrat, that they're outraged enough to vote Republican in the next election. Hate to politicize her death, but there is one Party who is vehemently against illegal immigration, and there is the other Party who is not.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Well, I don't. But any rational person would ask themselves how this could have been prevented, and the answer is obvious. If this person had no business being in this country, then this girl would be alive today.

NBA Superstar

Right and I got pretty sick last week after eating some spicy Kadai Chicken. I guess the rational thing to do would be to blame India for existing?

No. A rational person would recognize that this was a horrible thing that happened at the hands of a very bad man, and that he should be tried and punished as such.

As an aside, my coworkers daughter was good friends with Laken. In the same sorority and all that. She's pretty shaken up.

Right and I got pretty sick last week after eating some spicy Kadai Chicken. I guess the rational thing to do would be to blame India for existing?

No. A rational person would recognize that this was a horrible thing that happened at the hands of a very bad man, and that he should be tried and punished as such.

As an aside, my coworkers daughter was good friends with Laken. In the same sorority and all that. She's pretty shaken up.
    Your comparison makes no sense and you're willfully ignoring the obvious. That this person was in this country illegally and should have never been here in the first place. Of course he's a bad person. But if he had never been in this country in the first place, this girl would be alive today. How hard is it to agree to that?

NBA Superstar

Your comparison makes no sense and you're willfully ignoring the obvious. That this person was in this country illegally and should have never been here in the first place. Of course he's a bad person. But if he had never been in this country in the first place, this girl would be alive today. How hard is it to agree to that?
    How does it not make sense? I’m illustrating your egregious leap in logic.

Sure, if the guy wasn’t here then this wouldn’t have happened. Just like if India didn’t exist, I wouldn’t have gotten sick last week.

The point I’m making is that there are more important and applicable things to address.

this wouldn't have happened if our borders were secure, period. this man entered our country illegally under the guise of an "asylum seeker". this is what happens when you bring scores of unvetted people into the country.

You can try to stop as many people as possible but you are not stopping illegal immigration altogether. It's just a fact. People from poor countries see how well America is doing, and they will do whatever they can to get in by any means necessary. Border patrol is not stopping everyone. Regardless of which party is in power.

I do think Republicans would do better on border issue, if you are a one-issue voter. Most people are not one-issue voters. If there are 20 issues, I believe Republicans do better on perhaps 5 of them (border and illegal immigration are arguably two of them). Democrats are probably better for the nation overall on the 15 issues.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Poopsie's getting a hard on over this.

How does it not make sense? I’m illustrating your egregious leap in logic.

Sure, if the guy wasn’t here then this wouldn’t have happened. Just like if India didn’t exist, I wouldn’t have gotten sick last week.

The point I’m making is that there are more important and applicable things to address.

So you’re just dismissing the whole point cause you’re a Lib and I called Libs out. I mean, that’s all I gather from your weird explanation. The hell are you talking about India? We are talking about a current problem that is affecting this country at the moment and is at the forefront of every political discussion at the moment, with it now culminating in an innocent girl dying, and the shit that comes out of your mouth is, that there are more important and applicable things to address?? What? Tell that to her family.

Turn on the news, the illegal immigration crisis is dominating the headlines.

NBA Superstar

So you’re just dismissing the whole point cause you’re a Lib and I called Libs out. I mean, that’s all I gather from your weird explanation. The hell are you talking about India? We are talking about a current problem that is affecting this country at the moment and is at the forefront of every political discussion at the moment, with it now culminating in an innocent girl dying, and the shit that comes out of your mouth is, that there are more important and applicable things to address?? What? Tell that to her family.

Turn on the news, the illegal immigration crisis is dominating the headlines.
    I acknowledged your point and then provided a counter. It’s generally how discussions work. Don’t play dumb and act like you don’t understand what I’m saying.

The funny thing is I’m actually vehemently against open borders for a slew of reasons. Theres plenty of them that are applicable to address. And it’s applicable to address that the family has something horrible that they’re going through and politicizing this death may not be what they want. Not everyone thinks in these terms like you do. I wouldn’t imagine that Libs and Joe Biden are on their minds right now.

Bad dudes exist in every corner of the world. There are plenty of legitimate arguments against unregulated immigration. Using a death of a girl you don’t give a shit about to make your point isn’t it.

Banned

ShawkFactory were you one of those hysterical libtards who blamed each and every Covid fatality on Donald Trump and the unvaccinated?

Just want to clear things up since we're on the subject of politicizing someone's death.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    ShawkFactory were you one of those hysterical libtards who blamed each and every Covid fatality on Donald Trump and the unvaccinated?

Just want to clear things up since we're on the subject of politicizing someone's death.
    No..

Honestly, with the conversations that we’ve had in the past do really believe that that’s me? I know we disagree on things and yes I do tend to lean left at times but I feel like I’ve been open with the fact that I view the world as gray rather than black and white. Some call it wishy-washy but it makes the most sense to me.

The human condition is very complex and labeling things so easily as some do based on agenda gets to me sometimes. I don’t claim to know everything but I think I’m very open.