Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 262
  1. #91
    Lol RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    47,740

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    They won six of their last 8, all against playoff teams. I think that qualifies as very well.




    Lil arby with another gem

  2. #92
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    47,030

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    They won six of their last 8, all against playoff teams. I think that qualifies as very well.
    If you're a moron who doesnt look at the games themselves.

    They lost to the Pelicans at home, lost to the Clippers without Leonard and were down 40 at HT, got a bailout win against the Clips C team, escaped the Kings by 1 as they were down 4 in the last minute, and got another win over a "playoff team" the Wolves C team.

    The cracks were very visible.

  3. #93
    NBA Legend tontoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    16,494

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    If you're a moron who doesnt look at the games themselves.

    They lost to the Pelicans at home, lost to the Clippers without Leonard and were down 40 at HT, got a bailout win against the Clips C team, escaped the Kings by 1 as they were down 4 in the last minute, and got another win over a "playoff team" the Wolves C team.

    The cracks were very visible.
    5 of their 6 wins were by double digits, including 2 games against Minnesota who were gunning for the top seed.


  4. #94
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    47,030

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    5 of their 6 wins were by double digits, including 2 games against Minnesota who were gunning for the top seed.

    If you had watched you would have known the Wolves did not care about that game. No player even took 10 shots. Robert led them with 9 attempts.

    They started 0-24 against the Clippers lolol

  5. #95
    The Puppeteer FireDavidKahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,801

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Denver vs. Wolves is gonna be the best series in the West this year. Shame it'll be in the semis and not the conference finals

  6. #96
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,501

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Suns lack go0nsmanship and big man athleticism. They're too small.

  7. #97
    NBA Legend tontoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    16,494

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    If you had watched you would have known the Wolves did not care about that game. No player even took 10 shots. Robert led them with 9 attempts.

    They started 0-24 against the Clippers lolol

    They beat Minnesota twice, not once, by double digits. They beat the Pels by 13 with Zion, the healthy Cavs by 21.

    I guess you are still bitter about the "powerhouse" Lakers losing to Denver for the 10th straight time.

  8. #98
    NBA Legend tontoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    16,494

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Ant was 3-12 and they still won comfortably. Not a good look for the Suns.

    Haven't watched it yet but I am curious to see if it was the wolves defense or just the suns rolling over.

  9. #99
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lockwood, Montana, U.S.A.
    Posts
    50,122

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Wolves are legit, that defense is stupid good.

    Toody is the man.
    Time times for the trolls

  10. #100
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    33,713

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Suns lack go0nsmanship and big man athleticism. They're too small.
    I laughed when people were making noise about this team during the off-season

    was obvious

  11. #101
    Decent playground baller
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    313

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Prop bet of the year following series sweep:

    KD asks for trade to Denver
    —or—
    KD demands trade to Minnesota!

  12. #102
    NBA Legend tontoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    16,494

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Interesting breakdown of the first two games, starting at the 23 minute mark.

    https://open.spotify.com/episode/4lp...SdKwP4nc9jTsOQ

  13. #103
    NBA lottery pick dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5,217

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Suns have a lot of great shooters that should work well together but they have no PG to set them up with good shots. Combine that with big defensive issues due to lack of size and physicality and you have a mediocre team. I predicted they would win this series but I'm looking silly right now. Their 3-0 regular season H2H isn't translating whatsoever. Wolves look like a far superior team.

  14. #104
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lockwood, Montana, U.S.A.
    Posts
    50,122

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Suns have a lot of great shooters that should work well together but they have no PG to set them up with good shots. Combine that with big defensive issues due to lack of size and physicality and you have a mediocre team. I predicted they would win this series but I'm looking silly right now. Their 3-0 regular season H2H isn't translating whatsoever. Wolves look like a far superior team.
    The last regular season game was the only one with the current roster

  15. #105
    The Puppeteer FireDavidKahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,801

    Default Re: (3) Timberwolves vs. (6) Suns First Round Playoff Series Thread

    Didn't even notice this live.

    Ant hit his head on the rim again.

    https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/sta...60848803910043

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •