Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Default Re: Bradly Beal, 50 mil to score 9 points in 31 mins in an elim game (Kblaze get in

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    I could ask you the same question...how do you know they could have gotten more than Beal or that those guys would ultimately be better? I don't think it is an overpay, but also think it is reasonable to say the Suns could have or should have gone a different direction. But just getting Beal on a team that is only concerned for the next 3 years....for what the Suns got Beal for...I don't think it is fair to call it an overpay.

Almost nobody is worth their contract when they get to Beal's age outside of the truly best guys in the league...which of course Beal isn't among. Never did I argue he was worth his contract worth it in the sense you are talking about. All I ever argued was that the deal wasn't as bad as everyone said it was for the Wizards and that it would be able to be moved...which it was.

That's it.
    Ik they could’ve gotten a 1st for absorbing a bad deal into cap space because those deals were made during offseason and always have been made in nba history. The wizards themselves got a 1st for gafford because they absorbed richauns contract. Dallas had gotten richaun because they gave up a 1st for okc to absorb bertans. We see what they have now they’re stuck with people for years and have a bad protected 1st . You can’t get off poole for a decent player with jist that protected first.

Ik what you were arguing that it’s just an overpay and not as bad as other people said. I laid out why it as bad as those people said and called it worst supermax ever given at the time.

To the suns stuff we don’t know how easy it was to move and the wizards did not get much and the suns gave up too much imo because of their dumb owner. All I’ll say for last point is 2 role players were available for that package and havinb 2 role players is better than having Beal for the suns and most rosters because beals that overpaid imo. Like tontoz said beal said a lotta teams backed out.

This part we can argue about in this thread since we haven’t gone over it much the wizards past has been hashed out. I’ll just say suns desperately needed depth this year and I think it’s a given two nba quality role players are better than Beal missing half the year. Beal also had role player production with Durant/Booker on the court while not playing good D.

Any star on a supermax even if they’re overpaid get a 1st. hell westbrook got 2 1sts or a 1st and good role players in 2 trades involving him when people knew he was past his prime. Beals package is nothing compared to kcp/kuz 1 1st.
    Last edited by NBAGOAT; 05-06-2024 at 10:08 PM.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Bradly Beal, 50 mil to score 9 points in 31 mins in an elim game (Kblaze get in

Beal reminds me of Jim Jackson on Dallas (https://www.nba.com/stats/player/754/career). A player that became more obsessed with his physique and spending time in the gym versus working on his game. So he ended up being the buffest player on the court who gradually let other players overtake him in skill.

It's not just wrong priorities; it warps the player's mentality. They think they need to use their toughness in all occasions rather than their speed or skill. Playoff time against the Wolves, you need something special to score; its not like the regular season where you're all open because teams are on Durant and Booker.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    Ik they could’ve gotten a 1st for absorbing a bad deal into cap space because those deals were made during offseason and always have been made in nba history. The wizards themselves got a 1st for gafford because they absorbed richauns contract. Dallas had gotten richaun because they gave up a 1st for okc to absorb bertans. We see what they have now they’re stuck with people for years and have a bad protected 1st . You can’t get off poole for a decent player with jist that protected first.

Ik what you were arguing that it’s just an overpay and not as bad as other people said. I laid out why it as bad as those people said and called it worst supermax ever given at the time.

To the suns stuff we don’t know how easy it was to move and the wizards did not get much and the suns gave up too much imo because of their dumb owner. All I’ll say for last point is 2 role players were available for that package and havinb 2 role players is better than having Beal for the suns and most rosters because beals that overpaid imo. Like tontoz said beal said a lotta teams backed out.

This part we can argue about in this thread since we haven’t gone over it much the wizards past has been hashed out. I’ll just say suns desperately needed depth this year and I think it’s a given two nba quality role players are better than Beal missing half the year. Beal also had role player production with Durant/Booker on the court while not playing good D.

Any star on a supermax even if they’re overpaid get a 1st. hell westbrook got 2 1sts or a 1st and good role players in 2 trades involving him when people knew he was past his prime. Beals package is nothing compared to kcp/kuz 1 1st.
    I agree with that Beal wasn’t easily moved, Suns owner blew it. Now Suns are left holding the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    I agree with that Beal wasn’t easily moved, Suns owner blew it. Now Suns are left holding the bag.

It was just Reddit posters but people were calling Beal worst contract in league last year pre suns trade(I didn’t agree but it was bad). He’s a worse contract now. I get where suns were coming from since Beal was only “star” they could get for the assets they had I just think they should’ve gone for depth. Durant/Booker was a top 3 duo on paper and shouldve been enough to be a contender with defense around them but maybe I was wrong about that.

I don’t think it’s contradiction either to say suns didn’t give up much positive value and still overpaid by a lot. The picks and swaps were positive but Paul was a negative contract and shamet lowkey a really bad contract. Wizards now stuck with someone even more unmovable in poole and only got a bad protected 1st.

National High School Star

Didn't we just go through this last year with Gobert. If Durant and Booker can't play with Beal then you are going to just have to move those two guys and do a rebuild with Beal. You won't get equal value for anyone on your team but you could just run it back and see if things get better next season.

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    Didn't we just go through this last year with Gobert. If Durant and Booker can't play with Beal then you are going to just have to move those two guys and do a rebuild with Beal. You won't get equal value for anyone on your team but you could just run it back and see if things get better next season.
    There’s kinda no choice but run it back. You wont get fair value for Booker or Durant either since they’re both stars. I don’t see many options to swap a star, don’t think that type of deal is out there. But say something like Mitchell for Booker straight up might help both teams. Booker is better offball so better playing off garland. Mitchell is better at playing pg and takes
    more 3s than Booker, improves phx shot chart.

Realgm suggested they use 1 1st to trade nurkic for timelord and I think that’s a good idea. Very desperate with his injury issues but phx needs to do anything to raise their ceiling. Timelord could be incredible if healthy