Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bradly Beal, 50 mil to score 9 points in 31 mins in an elim game (Kblaze get in

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    Again, I'm not going to argue semantics. The Wizards got rid of Beal for a bunch of picks and pick swaps for a team blowing it up. I think that is fair to call it positive value.

The Suns? They were trying to win now and lost and old Paul and Shamet for Beal...I think that is fair to call "basically free or at little cost" for a team only concerned with the next few seasons.

You predicted? No, what you predicted was that the Wizards wouldn't be able to move Beal at all...and you were dead wrong.

How good Beal actually is...is certainly debatable....perhaps I and Blaze over-rate him to some extent...again, I'm not really sure as how good Beal was / is...was never the debate. It was about the contract...and we were right...and you were wrong.

Nearly a year later...your camp just needs to take the L rather than going on and on.

Just like the crowd claiming the Gobert trade made no sense and was one of the dumbest ever. Bill Simmons and his buddy Rusillo went on and on about how stupid that was...now they are in love with this Wolves team.

Usually the hard line opinions that offer no room for conversation...are often the dumbest. Something for you to think about.

First of all the wizards got no first round picks. They got pick swaps, one of which was for this year and worthless.

Secondly I predicted that that there was no scenario where they could actually be a good team with Beal. They got a career year out of porzingus and still won only 35 games. It was a completely wasted year.

I knew that we wouldn't get much in any trade, assuming we could actually trade him which was no sure thing. Not only was it an awful contract but he also had a no trade clause. If he didn't want to be traded he wasn't going anywhere.

Then after the wasted season we had no leverage with KP and were forced to trade him for Tyus Jones. If we had another year on KPs contract we probably get more for him.

We didn't get squat for trading Beal and had another wasted season. Instead of tanking for Wemby we are tanking in one of the worst drafts in recent.memory.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Bradly Beal, 50 mil to score 9 points in 31 mins in an elim game (Kblaze get in

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    First of all the wizards got no first round picks. They got pick swaps, one of which was for this year and worthless.

Secondly I predicted that that there was no scenario where they could actually be a good team with Beal. They got a career year out of porzingus and still won only 35 games. It was a completely wasted year.

I knew that we wouldn't get much in any trade, assuming we could actually trade him which was no sure thing. Not only was it an awful contract but he also had a no trade clause. If he didn't want to be traded he wasn't going anywhere.

Then after the wasted season we had no leverage with KP and were forced to trade him for Tyus Jones. If we had another year on KPs contract we probably get more for him.

We didn't get squat for trading Beal and had another wasted season. Instead of tanking for Wemby we are tanking in one of the worst drafts in recent.memory.
    Your arguments don't make sense.

You certainly got more for Beal than you would have letting him walk for nothing...because your team was capped regardless. Again, you aren't making sense.

First, you said it was dumb to sign Beal because he would be really hard to trade without attaching assets. That turned out to be 100% wrong.

Then you want the Wizards to somehow be good right away after either not signing Beal or trading him? You say he sucks, but then complain about turning him into future assets and cap flexibility?

How do you expect the Wizards to get good without bottoming out and having tradeable contracts in the next few years?

The Wizards are doing everything a team starting over should be doing. I agree they did it late...as I said on repeat...they should have traded Beal like 3 years ago at his peak...but my guess is fans like you would have complained about that as well.

Lastly, blaming Beal for the Suns is absurd. They haven't done shit since Durant got there and are a flawed team. Durant is far more to blame...he can't do shit in his career since the Warriors. Everywhere he goes, teams don't match expectations. Blaming the third option having to play a limited role is as empty as you and your camp trying to pretend you weren't dead wrong about the Beal situation in Washington.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 04-30-2024 at 09:53 PM.

For the record what I actually said regarding a Beal trade was.

At $35 million/yr he would be easily tradable. $50 million per year makes him a lot tougher to move, not to mention his no trade clause.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...upermax/page28

That was the big thread about the Beal signing. I barely even mentioned trading him. What I repeated over and over is that we weren't going to be any good with him so it was pointless to resign for $50 million per year.
    Last edited by tontoz; 04-30-2024 at 10:13 PM.

For the record what I actually said regarding a Beal trade was.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...upermax/page28

That was the big thread about the Beal signing. I barely even mentioned trading him. What I repeated over and over is that we weren't going to be any good with him so it was pointless to resign for $50 million per year.
    But it wasn't hard to move him. They moved him easily within a year and for cap flexibility and future assets....and put together a tanking team...exactly what you'd want.

So, no, it wasn't a big deal at all...signing him to potentially take on bad contracts to tank, like I argued, turned out to be the correct thing to do. You keep acting like the Wizards paid some huge price to sign Beal....they didn't...not at all.

And, as I'm sure you know being a Wizards fan...even hitting in the draft doesn't mean that much. The truth is...if the Wizards pick in the top 5 the next 3 years...they'll be lucky to get a player that turns out to be as good as Beal was for them.

End of the day...my argument was simple. The contract was not a death sentence and could be moved...and it was within a year. That is all I ever said...and I was right...the rest is just noise.

I get being frustrated as a fan, but you said it was dumb to sign Beal and would be hard to move him...then they move him within a year and tank...and you are still complaining. I highly doubt you would have been cool with the actual correct thing to do...which was trade Beal when he was 27 and had 2 years left on his deal and scoring 30 a game. That was the actual time to move him, but fans would have gone nuts about that.

Fans be fans.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 04-30-2024 at 10:26 PM.

But it wasn't hard to move him. They moved him easily within a year and for cap flexibility and future assets....and put together a tanking team...exactly what you'd want.

So, no, it wasn't a big deal at all...signing him to potentially take on bad contracts to tank, like I argued, turned out to be the correct thing to do. You keep acting like the Wizards paid some huge price to sign Beal....they didn't...not at all.

And, as I'm sure you know being a Wizards fan...even hitting in the draft doesn't mean that much. The truth is...if the Wizards pick in the top 5 the next 3 years...they'll be lucky to get a player that turns out to be as good as Beal was for them.

End of the day...my argument was simple. The contract was not a death sentence and could be moved...and it was within a year. That is all I ever said...and I was right...the rest is just noise.

I get being frustrated as a fan, but you said it was dumb to sign Beal and would be hard to move him...then they move him within a year and tank...and you are still complaining.

Fans be fans.

Why don't you compare what we got for Beal to what other star players have gotten traded for? The Raps got 3 first round picks for Siakam ffs.

We didn't even get one first round pick. We got pick swaps and the corpse of Chris Paul . And of course that was all contingent on Beals approval.Another wasted year trying to be good but failing miserably.

That was a very strong draft. We would have been much better of starting our tank a year earlier. There were several guys at the top of that draft making a major impact.
    Last edited by tontoz; 04-30-2024 at 10:34 PM.

the heart can't be written on a contract, and committement is built on satisfaction - the animal

Why don't you compare what we got for Beal to what other star players have gotten traded for? The Raps got 3 first round picks for Siakam ffs.

We didn't even get one first round pick. We got pick swaps and the corpse of Chris Paul . And of course that was all contingent on Beals approval.Another wasted year trying to be good but failing miserably.

That was a very strong draft. We would have been much better of starting our tank a year earlier. There were several guys at the top of that draft making a major impact.
    I don't understand your arguments towards me.

I was literally arguing that the Wizards should have traded Beal back in the 2021 season and rebuilt. I've been on that train likely longer than you.

Didn't they get a top 20 protected first round pick from the Warriors? It's been a bit, but I'm pretty sure they got a protected first from them in like 6 years or something. Regardless, I never said they'd get a great package for Beal unless they took on a bad contract. Either way though...they got cap flexibility and extra assets they wouldn't have had if they just didn't sign him.

I never said Beal was a top 10 player or worth his contract in a vacuum. I simply said he'd be easier to move than people thought and that it gave the Wizards a way to hard tank and get some extra assets...which is exactly what happened.

Yes, they should have done it earlier...but that doesn't change what happened after they signed him.

I don't understand your arguments towards me.

I was literally arguing that the Wizards should have traded Beal back in the 2021 season and rebuilt. I've been on that train likely longer than you.

Didn't they get a top 20 protected first round pick from the Warriors? It's been a bit, but I'm pretty sure they got a protected first from them in like 6 years or something. Regardless, I never said they'd get a great package for Beal unless they took on a bad contract. Either way though...they got cap flexibility and extra assets they wouldn't have had if they just didn't sign him.

I never said Beal was a top 10 player or worth his contract in a vacuum. I simply said he'd be easier to move than people thought and that it gave the Wizards a way to hard tank and get some extra assets...which is exactly what happened.

Yes, they should have done it earlier...but that doesn't change what happened after they signed him.

What happened after they sign him was another year wasted in irrelevance. Not coincidentally the GM that signed him to that contract was fired a year later.

I wasn't even looking at draft prospects at that time but if we had started our tank then, rather than resigning Beal, we probably could have gotten more in a KP trade and would have started our tank in a.much stronger draft year.

We are unlikely to to be better than the Suns any time soon so those pick swaps have little value. That GS pick is so conditional it is unlikely to be anything but smoke.

If the GM hadn't gotten fired I have no doubt Beal would still be here and we would still be stuck on the treadmill to no where.

You claimed that I said Beal would be impossible to trade, which I didn't say, claiming I was dead wrong and then wonder what my argument is?

Everything I said would happen did happen. They still sucked after resigning Beal in spite of a career year from KP. They didn't get squat for trading him, but trading him for crap was better than keeping him. Fortunately the Suns new owner was desperate to make a splash and Beal was actually willing to go there.
    Last edited by tontoz; 04-30-2024 at 11:04 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Never seen dudes double down to this level

You finna to die on a hill for bradly beal?

Wake me up homies. This shit can’t be real.

What happened after they sign him was another year wasted in irrelevance. Not coincidentally the GM that signed him to that contract was fired a year later.

I wasn't even looking at draft prospects at that time but if we had started our tank then, rather than resigning Beal, we probably could have gotten more in a KP trade and would have started our tank in a.much stronger draft year.

We are unlikely to to be better than the Suns any time soon so those pick swaps have little value. That GS pick is so conditional it is unlikely to be anything but smoke.

If the GM hadn't gotten fired I have no doubt Beal would still be here and we would still be stuck on the treadmill to no where.

You claimed that I said Beal would be impossible to trade, which I didn't say, claiming I was dead wrong and then wonder what my argument is?

Everything I said would happen did happen. They still sucked after resigning Beal in spite of a career year from KP. They didn't get squat for trading him, but trading him for crap was better than keeping him. Fortunately the Suns new owner was desperate to make a splash and Beal was actually willing to go there.
    The argument doesn’t make sense because signing Beal didn’t hurt them at all.

You are combining a lot of different past moves with the Beal signing.

My memory was that you argued Beal would be very difficult to trade and would hurt the team … and the simply was not the case.

Arguing with me about other Wizards moves is silly because my take was trading Beal at his peak in 21. Still haven’t heard if you would have been cool with that.

Like I said. Signing Beal made sense for the exact reasons I said and then it played out exactly like I said it could. Also, not signing him and tanking made sense as well.

You are flipping the burden. I said both made sense, but you argued signing Beal was really stupid and he’d be hard to move.

I think what played clearly proves my stance was not only more reasonable, but objectively more accurate as well given that he was moved so easily and for positive value for a tanking team.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Never seen dudes double down to this level

You finna to die on a hill for bradly beal?

Wake me up homies. This shit can’t be real.
    That is literally you. Everything you said couldn’t happen…did in fact happen.

You were wrong. Sorry you can’t handle it.

Well Beal might be unmovable now. Suns have no picks to attach to him. And yes when you make that much money and use your ridiculous ntc to force your way to phx I’ll give you some blame. Was way too injury prone this year for one. Also I completely get his stats being role player esque with Durant and Booker on the court but when he was with just one of the two he put up unimpressive volume on average efficiency according to lowe. When it was just him volume was good star lvl but he was inefficient. Beal had to be better in those minutes. Also cp3 wasn’t that unmovable with a partial guarantee. Could’ve gotten two random rotation guys for him and all those 2nd rd picks and swaps.

My memory was that you argued Beal would be very difficult to trade and would hurt the team … and the simply was not the case.

Your memory sucks. I linked the 36 page thread about his signing. I only once mentioned his trade value, and I just said a $50 million contract with a no trade clause would be harder to trade than a $35 million deal which is closey to his true value.

My primary objection to paying him is that we already know what to expect. The wizards have no path to being good with Beal on the roster. It just means they will stay on the treadmill to nowhere. Portland east is what I called them.

Not only did we spend another year in irrelevance with 35 wins. We missed out on some excellent draft prospects last year. Starting our tank in a lousy draft year is right out of the #sowizards playbook.

3 things had to happen for Beal to get traded.
    -the GM got fired
    -we needed another team dumb enough to trade for him.
    -beal had to approve the trade.

Even after the trade all we got was expiring and pick swaps and that was the best case scenario. The worst case scenario was spending another 5 more years on the treadmill to nowhere.

There was minimal upside to resigning Beal and major downside. That is not a bet I would ever make.

You aren't a wizards fan so you can't grasp the fact that fans aren't interested in spending another 5 years on the same treadmill we've been on for decades.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

That is literally you. Everything you said couldn’t happen…did in fact happen.

You were wrong. Sorry you can’t handle it.
    If you are gonna shift goal posts and try to say you only said

“the contract is able to be moved” and that’s it….

fine, you win, congratulations, send a thank you to Mat Ishbia for being a special kind of stupid. you can leave the thread now

My point remains the same

Beal contract is terrible value for his performance and health. The No trade clause makes it even more insane.

He’s going to be detrimental to any team trying to win because he simply does not pull the weight of his salary. He’s a burden.

Suns are now big time ****ed

It’s the worst contract in the league.

Just saw this too lol

Bradley Beal has two seasons and $103.8 million remaining on his current contract along with a player option for the 2026-27 season worth $57.1 million, which he assuredly will exercise given that massive figure.
    That alone is prohibitive from a team-building standpoint for the Phoenix Suns, but Beal also has a no-trade clause alongside the three years left on his deal. And that should have given the Suns pause before they traded for him last summer, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.
    "[Beal's no-trade clause] should have been a dealbreaker if you're Phoenix," he said Monday (2:00 mark). "That should have been a walkaway. Now you are married, again, to that no-trade clause and probably the most toxic contract in NBA history. Beal's a good player. Beal's not a $50-million-per-year player. He's not worth the $160 million left on his contract."
    Last edited by warriorfan; 05-01-2024 at 02:19 PM.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    Well Beal might be unmovable now. Suns have no picks to attach to him. And yes when you make that much money and use your ridiculous ntc to force your way to phx IÂ’ll give you some blame. Was way too injury prone this year for one. Also I completely get his stats being role player esque with Durant and Booker on the court but when he was with just one of the two he put up unimpressive volume on average efficiency according to lowe. When it was just him volume was good star lvl but he was inefficient. Beal had to be better in those minutes. Also cp3 wasnÂ’t that unmovable with a partial guarantee. CouldÂ’ve gotten two random rotation guys for him and all those 2nd rd picks and swaps.
    Yup. Agree with everything you said.

Looking at it from the other side it feels like Phoenix got caught up in the moment after last year's playoffs. It was like Suns decision makers forgot the massive investment they made in KD because all they could see was Booker's historic playoff run...

Durant took the most corner 3s of his career this season, totaling 68 corner 3-point attempts. That may not be a lot for guys whose job it is to sit in the corner and knock down 3s, but considering that prior to this year, K.D. averaged around 23.2 corner 3s over his career, that's a significant rise. And while he was knocking them down at a 46% clip, which ranked in the 93rd percentile, that's not the best use of someone of Durant's generational talents.
    Monty was the problem. Old CP3 was the problem. Ayton was the problem. Bench missing shots was the problem. Nah. the problem always was Phoenix has unrealistic expectation for Booker. He does not offer enough when he is not scoring. It is unfair to compare him to Steph but that is the role the Suns tried to put him in... Curry drew the defense away from the areas KD likes to operate and Booker just is not that caliber of player.