Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Devin Booker wants to join the Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    All I’m saying is bringing in Booker on a supermax would be chasing for a star franchise guy who could put you over the top. And I don’t think Booker is that guy.
    On this Knicks team he might be. They are already very good now and just need more shot creation.

Of course the only way to get him is by trade so it is a question of what they have to give up.

Personally I would decline given his new contract.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    On this Knicks team he might be. They are already very good now and just need more shot creation.

Of course the only way to get him is by trade so it is a question of what they have to give up.

Personally I would decline given his new contract.

Hey maybe he could be a good fit and they could make it work. Anything is possible.

All I know is without Chris Paul Booker has made the playoffs once and been swept. And thats a series with an all time great all star teammate and veteran champion coach. Dudes record would be worse than Bradley Beal’s if it wasn’t for Chris Paul. He’s been a career loser.

Hey maybe he could be a good fit and they could make it work. Anything is possible.

All I know is without Chris Paul Booker has made the playoffs once and been swept. And thats a series with an all time great all star teammate and veteran champion coach. Dudes record would be worse than Bradley Beal’s if it wasn’t for Chris Paul. He’s been a career loser.
    He lit up the nuggets in the playoffs last year after cp3 went out, and let's be real he wasn't playing with prime CP3. I would take Brunson over Suns CP3 easily.

College superstar

He lit up the nuggets in the playoffs last year after cp3 went out, and let's be real he wasn't playing with prime CP3. I would take Brunson over Suns CP3 easily.
    Lit them up in a losing effort.

Would you put money on a team to win a chip with Booker and Brunson as their highest paid players? You can surround them with the most perfect role players. Do you think in a league with so many young stars Booker and Brunson are the guys who’ll end up with chips and be the legendary figures of this generation?

Lit them up in a losing effort.

Would you put money on a team with Booker and Brunson as the highest paid players to win a chip? You can surround them with the most perfect role players. Do you think in a league with so many young stars Booker and Brunson are the guys who’ll end up with chips and be the legendary figures of this generation?

They already have the most perfect role players with the Knicks, a lot of them. What they need is someone to take away some of the offensive burden from Brunson.

Last year Booker led the league in playoff scoring and had a TS of 68%. Suns were the only team to take two games from Denver and that was totally because of Booker.He just averaged 27 with a TS of 66%, both team highs, against the best defense in the league.

They just have a poorly constructed roster. Can't blame him for that .

College superstar

They already have the most perfect role players with the Knicks, a lot of them. What they need is someone to take away some of the offensive burden from Brunson.

Last year Booker led the league in playoff scoring and had a TS of 68%. Suns were the only team to take two games from Denver and that was totally because of Booker.He just averaged 27 with a TS of 66%, both team highs, against the best defense in the league.

They just have a poorly constructed roster. Can't blame him for that .
    Cant blame him for the roster? He’s the one who wanted to bring in KD. Lmao.

Cant blame him for the roster? He’s the one who wanted to bring in KD. Lmao.

Booker isn't the GM. Booker isn't Lebron either. He doesn't have power over management. KD isn't the problem anyway.

Bringing in Beal, making $50 million per year with a no trade clause, is a major problem and has crippled their flexibility.

College superstar

Booker isn't the GM. Booker isn't Lebron either. He doesn't have power over management. KD isn't the problem anyway.

Bringing in Beal, making $50 million per year with a no trade clause, is a major problem and has crippled their flexibility.
    If Booker wanted Johnson and Bridges to stay. Johnson and Bridges stay. Bottom line.

Beal isn’t the problem. He was just a swap for Paul.

It was selling out for KD. The young players and all the picks.

Suns would have a roster of

Beal
    Booker
    Bridges
    Johnson
    Ayton

With all their picks and not as far in into the cap.

If Booker wanted Johnson and Bridges to stay. Johnson and Bridges stay. Bottom line.

Beal isn’t the problem. He was just a swap for Paul.

It was selling out for KD. The young players and all the picks.

Suns would have a roster of

Beal
    Booker
    Bridges
    Johnson
    Ayton

With all their picks and not as far in into the cap.

Suns were 30-27 before the KD trade. Ayton was a headcase and still is. What have Cam and Bridges done with the Nets? Not much.

Beal hasn't made the All-Star team since '21 and has only made it 3 times in his career. He just isnt that good and he is injury prone. He has a crippling contract with a no trade clause. Do you really think Beal would choose to go to the Suns if KD wasn't already there? Even if he did that team wouldn't do anyting anyway.

College superstar

Suns were 30-27 before the KD trade. Ayton was a headcase and still is. What have Cam and Bridges done with the Nets? Not much.

Beal hasn't made the All-Star team since '21 and has only made it 3 times in his career. He just isnt that good and he is injury prone. He has a crippling contract with a no trade clause. Do you really think Beal would choose to go to the Suns if KD wasn't already there?

So basically you’re proving my point that Booker ain’t that guy. The Suns would be screwed no matter what they did. A Supermax superstar player should be able to transcend any situation.

Why bring in KD if Booker is that dude?

So basically you’re proving my point that Booker ain’t that guy. The Suns would be screwed no matter what they did. A Supermax superstar player should be able to transcend any situation.

Why bring in KD if Booker is that dude?

Because history has shown you typically need more than one star to win a title. Duh.

College superstar

Because history has shown you typically need more than one star to win a title. Duh.
    So you would put money on a Brunson and Booker duo to win a chip?

So you would put money on a Brunson and Booker duo to win a chip?
    I don't bet on games in general, but if Booker was on the Knicks right now instead of Randle I would definitely see them as a legit contender. Booker has come up big in the playoffs consistently.

College superstar

I don't bet on games in general, but if Booker was on the Knicks right now instead of Randle I would definitely see them as a legit contender. Booker has come up big in the playoffs consistently.
    Where did he come up this year with Durant and a champion coach?

And anybody can be a contender.

Where did he come up this year with Durant and a champion coach?

And anybody can be a contender.

Booker averaged 27 ppg with a TS of 66% against the best defense in the league.

Not any team can win a title. that's what being a contender means.