Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Thanks for providing a VERY, VERY, VERY old list -primetime-

I'll only do Top 10, since I can't be screwed doing any more then that. Anyway, the lists don't mean anything. It's just how much teams make per year. It's not a net worth of how much they make. I'm almost certain that if it were, then teams like Chelsea and Barcelona, and even Manchester would have be worth much more then they are. It also deducts for every time a team spends money on a player (Soccer is the worlds highest paying game by a wide margin).

Anyway, this is how the real list looks..

1. Machester United $1,436
    2. Real Madrid $1,036
    3. Arsenal $915
    4. Bayern Munich $838
    5. AC Milan $824
    6. Juventus $567
    7. Inter Milan $555
    8. Chelsea $537
    9. Barcelona $535
    10. Schalke 04 $471

Top 25

Also, can you provide revenue for NFL teams -primetime-, I'd like to see how they stack up against the Soccer ones.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
    Thanks for providing a VERY, VERY, VERY old list -primetime-
    2004....3 years old

someone told me that the Cowboys just recently passed the Redskins .....

I know the Cowboys are worth at least 1.1 billion now...

I can't find a 2007 list...I will keep trying though

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    2004....3 years old

someone told me that the Cowboys just recently passed the Redskins .....

I know the Cowboys are worth at least 1.1 billion now...

I can't find a 2007 list...I will keep trying though
    Well, Leeds is bankrupt. A lot happens in 3 years, you know.

Anyway, the highest revenued team is Barcelona at $327 million. I'll post the entire thing later on.

what league are all those teams in???

I seriously don't know....I just found that Forbes article that compares the NFL to World soccer....that is all

are those all the EPL teams?
    Ok, at least you admit you don't know where those squads belong too. Not trying to put you down, but thanks for finally admitting something instead of coming back with a pretty bad response to hide it. Here are some of the most popular teams in each major league:

Premier League[England]: Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal
    Serie A[Italy]: AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventes, Roma
    La Liga[Spain]: Barcelona, Real Madrid
    MLS[US obviously]: LA Galaxy
    Bundesliga[Germany]: Bayern Munich, Stuttgart
    Ligue 1[France]: Lyon
    Eredivisie[Holland]: PSV Eindhoven, AFC Ajax
    Russian Premier League: CSKA MoscowDynamo Moscow
    S

^

Juventus is in the second league.

-primetime-

[QUOTE=qrich]Ok, at least you admit you don't know where those squads belong too. Not trying to put you down, but thanks for finally admitting something instead of coming back with a pretty bad response to hide it. Here are some of the most popular teams in each major league:

Premier League[England]: Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal
    Serie A[Italy]: AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventes, Roma
    La Liga[Spain]: Barcelona, Real Madrid
    MLS[US obviously]: LA Galaxy
    Bundesliga[Germany]: Bayern Munich, Stuttgart
    Ligue 1[France]: Lyon
    Eredivisie[Holland]: PSV Eindhoven, AFC Ajax
    Russian Premier League: CSKA MoscowDynamo Moscow
    S

^

Juventus is in the second league.
    Juve was in the Serie B, but they have been promoted back last I heard.

Wiki:
    [QUOTE]With the exception of one season,[4] the club has spent its entire history in the top flight of Italian football.[5] After winning Serie B, Juventus were promoted back to Serie A for the 2007

ok so that was a list of the top 20 teams from ALL the leagues???

so now I can see why that would not include the world cup because the world cup is different...all the players from those leagues get together and play for thier home country right?
    That was some of the most popular from the major leagues.

Correct, the World Cup is like the World Basketball Championships, or whatever. Doesn't matter if your Brazilian but play in Italy for a club, because if you are on the World Cup or National Team, your going to play for them. Example: Kaka and Ronaldinho are both Brazillian and play for Brazil, but Kaka is currently playing in Italy while Ronaldinho is playing in Spain, but when the World Cup or other national games roll aorund, they'll play for Brazil.[Sorry, I know it was sort of confusing, just tired]

NOW, there is a World Cup for Club teams, but it's not very popular yet.

-primetime-

ok I get it now....

they say this at the end:

NFL totals (32 Teams) $23,443
    NFL totals (Top 20 Teams) $15,881
    World Soccer totals (20 Teams) $8,853
    Number of "Leeds United" equivalent teams needed to equal NFL valuation / revenue: 99

according to you guys Leeds is now bankrupt but in 2004 they were worth $150 mill....

so they are saying that there would have to be 99 more teams worth $150 mill in World soccer to equal the NFL....but there are not 99 more worth that much.

so in 2004 the NFL was worth more than ALL soccer clubs combined...although that could be different now in 2007 with Beckham and everything

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Juve was in the Serie B, but they have been promoted back last I heard.

Wiki:
    Didn't they have a 15 point deduction from the Serie B league as well though, or did they win the league by more then 15 points? Sorry, I haven't had a look at the Italian league standings or results in a LONG time. They were at the 3rd game of the season when I last checked.

Didn't they have a 15 point deduction from the Serie B league as well though, or did they win the league by more then 15 points? Sorry, I haven't had a look at the Italian league standings or results in a LONG time. They were at the 3rd game of the season when I last checked.
    I'm in the same boat as you, I was talking with friends, and they said they were promoted for winning the Serie B, but I thought they lost it with the decution and according to Wiki, they have been promoted.

It's sad how most people know AC, Inter, Roma, Juve but the Serie A hardly gets any coverage.

ok I get it now....

they say this at the end:

NFL totals (32 Teams) $23,443
    NFL totals (Top 20 Teams) $15,881
    World Soccer totals (20 Teams) $8,853
    Number of "Leeds United" equivalent teams needed to equal NFL valuation / revenue: 99

according to you guys Leeds is now bankrupt but in 2004 they were worth $150 mill....

so they are saying that there would have to be 99 more teams worth $150 mill in World soccer to equal the NFL....but there are not 99 more worth that much.

so in 2004 the NFL was worth more than ALL soccer clubs combined...although that could be different now in 2007 with Beckham and everything
    I said it before..

I'll only do Top 10, since I can't be screwed doing any more then that. Anyway, the lists don't mean anything. It's just how much teams make per year. It's not a net worth of how much they make. I'm almost certain that if it were, then teams like Chelsea and Barcelona, and even Manchester would have be worth much more then they are. It also deducts for every time a team spends money on a player (Soccer is the worlds highest paying game by a wide margin).
    They don't take everything into effect. Like for instance, the money gets deducted when you spend it on a player. No league in the world, except for probably MLS has a salary cap like the American Sports do, and the price of players now is well above anything the NFL players are getting paid. If they didn't subtract the money they spent on players, I can tell you that this list wouldn't even be close.

Barcelona and Real Madrid for instance would have at least another 200+ million added onto them. As would Chelsea, who have the highest paying (to players) management in the world.

The NFL is controlled by the salary cap, meaning they would be much lower in this list in terms of team value had they been allowed to spend however much they wanted on players like every club in Europe is allowed.

Understand?

-primetime-

I said it before..

They don't take everything into effect. Like for instance, the money gets deducted when you spend it on a player. No league in the world, except for probably MLS has a salary cap like the American Sports do, and the price of players now is well above anything the NFL players are getting paid. If they didn't subtract the money they spent on players, I can tell you that this list wouldn't even be close.

Barcelona and Real Madrid for instance would have at least another 200+ million added onto them. As would Chelsea, who have the highest paying (to players) management in the world.

The NFL is controlled by the salary cap, meaning they would be much lower in this list in terms of team value had they been allowed to spend however much they wanted on players like every club in Europe is allowed.

Understand?
    yeah...I can understand how it takes more money to run more teams and shorting it to only 32 teams would attract all the fans that did not have a team...true

and the point on the salary cap is true as well...I have no idea what the salary cap is in soccer but I will take your word for it that they make more than NFL players I guess....although I could have sworn I saw that Peyton Manning was the #2 highest paid athlete last year...but I believe you...

btw... 5000 posts

yeah to me!

btw... 5000 posts

yeah to me!

Congratulations.