Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 171

Thread: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

  1. #61
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,167

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    I would have preferred Rush or Lopez (or Weems :) ), but CDR isn't a bad pick. I'm thinking if Robin Lopez is off the board, we definitely go wing. I'm looking at Rush, CDR, and maybe Bill Walker.

    CDR seems to work well without the ball and he's a pretty crafty guy when it comes to scoring. That's something we do need.

  2. #62
    Good High School Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    884

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    Rush is a shooter. When he does drive he is a north and south guy. At Kansas he couldn't really be that creative. That may change if he is given the chance to show all of his talents, but CDR is very crafty as you pointed out. I don't think they can go wrong either way.

    And one thing you forget is the CDR is pretty good with the ball as well. I know that isn't his rep, but late in the shot clock, he can find his shot, which is something the Rockets really need I think. I'm not saying he is Kobe or T-Mac at getting his own shot, but he can clear enough room to get off a decent, or even off balance shot, which is really a strength for him.

    I don't care for Bill Walker for the Rockets, though. This team wants to win now, and I just don't think they have time to wait for a guy to either make mistakes in the NBA or develop in the D-League.

    Weems would be a great pick, and if it was a lock he fell to them in the 2nd round, then I think they take a big man for sure. I would take Lopez and Weems over CDR and Semih Erden any day.
    Last edited by monthh; 06-01-2008 at 12:24 AM.

  3. #63
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,167

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    I'm not sure it will take Bill Walker that long to adapt to the NBA. Kinda hard to say, though. We don't really know who much of last year was due to the knee injury. I don't see the Rockets management taking him anyway.

    We already had Bill Walker in the form of Bonzi Wells and he was deemed expendable. I just like his game for some odd reason.

  4. #64
    Serious playground baller disco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub

    davon jefferson still the bpa -
    Are you serious?? I think it's extremely unlikely Jefferson will be picked in the first round. He was been awful at the pre-draft camp too and he should have stayed in college. He's dropping in all mocks. These are from draftexpress' daily round ups:

    Day 1: May 29, 2008
    Who hurt himself the worst? Most likely Davon Jefferson. He came here out of shape, and has barely been hustling at all for the past two days.

    Day 3:May 30, 2008
    Davon Jefferson continued not to show the type of effort or fire you would expect to see from a player who is currently fighting for his professional future, after having prematurely hired an agent following an average freshman season. His conditioning looks poor, he

  5. #65
    I rule the local playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    565

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    [QUOTE=disco]Are you serious?? I think it's extremely unlikely Jefferson will be picked in the first round. He was been awful at the pre-draft camp too and he should have stayed in college. He's dropping in all mocks. These are from draftexpress' daily round ups:

    Day 1: May 29, 2008
    Who hurt himself the worst? Most likely Davon Jefferson. He came here out of shape, and has barely been hustling at all for the past two days.

    Day 3:May 30, 2008
    Davon Jefferson continued not to show the type of effort or fire you would expect to see from a player who is currently fighting for his professional future, after having prematurely hired an agent following an average freshman season. His conditioning looks poor, he

  6. #66
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,167

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
    are you serious? reading one site (who thinks jefferson is a pf?) for all of your evaluation- that site seems to think that they matter too much & put some clearly wrong info...but they sure do influence alot of people on this site- watch the games all year if you want to make evaluations-imo you just cant take everything you read as absolute fact

    if you watched the pre-draft camp you would have noticed that davon jefferson is a notch above the rest of the guys there

    why not use micheal beasley answer on who impressed him at the camp? beasley first words? davon jefferson-

    if all of this board is just relaying info written on draftexpress or nbadraft.com than it isnt worth the time anymore- i sure like seeing actuall opinions instead of regergitated information-

    davon jefferson is still the bpa
    Jefferson is a notch of above anyone at the camp?

    That's laughable, man. It's universally noted that Gary Forbes was the best player at the camp. Or at least performed the best, I should say. Everything I've read about Jefferson from the camp said that he came in out of shape and looked like he didn't care.

    Jefferson also wasn't mentioned at all by ESPN.com's Chad Ford when talking about guys that impressed at the camp. Not something you would expect from someone who was "a notch above the rest of the guys there", is it?
    Last edited by fatboy11; 06-01-2008 at 01:12 PM.

  7. #67
    Serious playground baller disco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
    are you serious? reading one site (who thinks jefferson is a pf?) for all of your evaluation- that site seems to think that they matter too much & put some clearly wrong info...but they sure do influence alot of people on this site- watch the games all year if you want to make evaluations-imo you just cant take everything you read as absolute fact

    if you watched the pre-draft camp you would have noticed that davon jefferson is a notch above the rest of the guys there

    why not use micheal beasley answer on who impressed him at the camp? beasley first words? davon jefferson-

    if all of this board is just relaying info written on draftexpress or nbadraft.com than it isnt worth the time anymore- i sure like seeing actuall opinions instead of regergitated information-

    davon jefferson is still the bpa
    I watched over 200 college games last year. However, I'm a fan not "an expert". In terms of draft and prospect evaluations, I think draftexpress is the best there is. I don't think any other media spends as much time reporting what happens at the camp than they do and looking at the last 3 or 4 years, they had done great job.

    And it's not only what they say, it's what being reported, e.g:

    an Atlanta Hawks scout:"Jefferson is so athletic. But another year of school can't hurt them." and "And Jefferson needs to show some spunk, needs to drip sweat to prove he really cares."

    "Next to Jefferson's name the Italian scout jotted down, "Buen athlete. Con poco defense," which seems easily translated to "Good athlete, plays little defense." latimes.com

    Apart from what Beasley said in one interview, I haven't heard a single positive comment about the player. And I trust scouts better than Michael Beasley in their evaluations. Beasley also liked Singletary and Dorsey, two other players who won't have a chance to get picked in the first round.

    Jefferson is a good athlete who averaged 12 points a game for an average team. He played a couple of really good games, but hasn't showed enough. He doesn't have a three point shot, doesn't have good skills or basketball IQ. He's a raw talent who should have stayed in college.
    Last edited by disco; 06-01-2008 at 02:50 PM.

  8. #68
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,167

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    I think Jefferson isn't all that great and never have. Good player, but there a number of players better than him available at this point.

  9. #69
    I rule the local playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    565

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by disco
    I watched over 200 college games last year. However, I'm a fan not "an expert". In terms of draft and prospect evaluations, I think draftexpress is the best there is. I don't think any other media spends as much time reporting what happens at the camp than they do and looking at the last 3 or 4 years, they had done great job.

    And it's not only what they say, it's what being reported, e.g:

    an Atlanta Hawks scout:"Jefferson is so athletic. But another year of school can't hurt them." and "And Jefferson needs to show some spunk, needs to drip sweat to prove he really cares."

    "Next to Jefferson's name the Italian scout jotted down, "Buen athlete. Con poco defense," which seems easily translated to "Good athlete, plays little defense." latimes.com

    Apart from what Beasley said in one interview, I haven't heard a single positive comment about the player. And I trust scouts better than Michael Beasley in their evaluations. Beasley also liked Singletary and Dorsey, two other players who won't have a chance to get picked in the first round.

    Jefferson is a good athlete who averaged 12 points a game for an average team. He played a couple of really good games, but hasn't showed enough. He doesn't have a three point shot, doesn't have good skills or basketball IQ. He's a raw talent who should have stayed in college.
    i like hearing that you watched the actual games- i dont think most have-i dvr'd &watched every game of each pac10 team& attending a handful, but admit to not watching nearly enough of the rest country-i actually tried fairly hard to see the good players instead of teams-

    so im really wanting more info on alot of these guys around the country, but i see the national view on the players i really feel like i know(all pac10 players) and some of them are so wild and out there or just wrong that i dont know how to take the guys i havent seen alot of on things said about them- do you get any of that or do you see stuff said about guys you know that make you think that?

    forbes did look great and played as good or better than anyone from the tv view i saw-

    i wish i would have checked back to make sure i put athletically in the notch above part on davon jefferson, because i stand by that- he is just a bigger longer player than the others at the 3- and runs and jumps with or better than the rest

    at the weakest draft position sf (imo)- forbes should be on the shortlist with jefferson- is forbes 6-8?

    and the taking all of these comments so seriously at this point is a little shakey to me- they all seem to say things with a purpose imo- theyre never going give away their true thought and if anything they bend over backwards to not tell the truth sometime- if jefferson sucked and really was lazy there wouldnt be a word said about him-

    where are the hieghts and weights taken at that camp?
    how do you all rank the pf spot?
    sf's
    1-d jefferson
    2-gallinari(never seen him)
    3-j alexander
    4-d green
    5-g forbes

    i consider buddinger for sure and bill walker and batum? as sg, and beasley and randolph as pf? but sf has to be the weakest spot in this draft- i am starting to think josh duncan of wake may be a sf and would join this list- forbes vs. alexander would be a great workout to try to set up- and green is hard for me to figure in

    this whole position thing seems crazy when people take the prospects college position into account when talking about their pro positions- not the same thing imo- sure jefferson played pf and mayo sf for sc but that doesnt mean anything when they step on an nba court- same for bayless, he played 2 when arizona wanted to put their other gaurd in- he will play point gaurd all the time in the nba-

  10. #70
    Serious playground baller disco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    I agree that SF is a weak spot this year. I don't know if Rush could be categorised as one, but if yes, then I think he should make the list. Also, I really like Douglas-Roberts and he's above Alexander, Forbes and Jefferson in my rankings.

    I haven't seen USC or PAC 10 in general as much as you, but I think the thing with Jefferson is that he's not ready. He's not necessarily similar player to Batum, but in terms of being players who are in consideration mostly because their upside, the are quite similar.

    Yeah, I agree about comments. It's getting more and more difficult to say what's smokescreen and what's honest evaluation. But with Jefferson, I think it was a bit alarming that so many people said bad things about his effort. I don't thin anyone disputes his athletism. But if his skills aren't very developed, and it's mostly the physical aspect that make him an NBA prospect, I think he would have to at least impress with his attitude to convince people. You have to have at least 2 out of three from skills/physics/attitude to be a first round pick.

  11. #71
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,167

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    I don't think there's any smokescreen with Jefferson. I'm assuming you're taking about him sandbagging at the camp because he has solid interest or a promise in the 1st round, correct?

    If that were the case, he probably would have pulled out of the camp like Ty Lawson did.

  12. #72
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,167

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    Come on. Someone pick for San Antonio.

  13. #73
    7-time NBA All-Star Dasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,763

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    The Spurs select Brandon Rush. He brings much needed youth and athleticism to their aging corps of swing men. He has the maturity to play in the Popovich system, and can be sent down to Austin till he is truly ready to play.

  14. #74
    Serious playground baller disco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    The Spurs select Brandon Rush. He brings much needed youth and athleticism to their aging corps of swing men. He has the maturity to play in the Popovich system, and can be sent down to Austin till he is truly ready to play.
    I think Rush is ready to play right away and will be the biggest steal of the draft if he drops this low. I really like both him and CDR and I was quite surprised to see them drop this low.

  15. #75
    McCants is Available!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eddie House
    Posts
    6,592

    Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

    Is this still going?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •