Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 185

Thread: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

  1. #166
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birthplace of basketball
    Posts
    23,393

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    how'd you find him? i haven't seen him anywhere
    Saw some talk about him a month ago or so on a Pacers blog I read, I respect this guy's opinion a good deal and he thought he was pretty good. So I did some research, and the kid looks to have some real talent. He dominated the Reebok Eurocamp a few weeks ago and seems like a very coachable player. DraftExpress mentions during one of the Eurocamp sessions he pulled down 13 boards and it was noticeable that he would see a board and react to it, not just instictively gravitate towards the hoop like a natural rebounder. There aren't too many teams I'd use a pick on him for, not this early in his career, but given Portland's situation it's a good fit.

  2. #167
    PhilLEEs 2011 Posterize246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    North Philly, PA
    Posts
    12,770

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Saw some talk about him a month ago or so on a Pacers blog I read, I respect this guy's opinion a good deal and he thought he was pretty good. So I did some research, and the kid looks to have some real talent. He dominated the Reebok Eurocamp a few weeks ago and seems like a very coachable player. DraftExpress mentions during one of the Eurocamp sessions he pulled down 13 boards and it was noticeable that he would see a board and react to it, not just instictively gravitate towards the hoop like a natural rebounder. There aren't too many teams I'd use a pick on him for, not this early in his career, but given Portland's situation it's a good fit.
    I youtubed him but all i found was this vid of him brickin some 3s
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=KerlT7BQNYs
    haha not sayin he's not good though. i saw on draftexpress where he was the best guard at the eurocamp

  3. #168
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clutch City
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    fatboy,

    Since Asik's status changed since you received my list of preferred players, would it be acceptable to replace him?

    I'm thinking James Gist. He's a bit redundant with Landry on the roster, but that's sort of why I like him. He has potential to be a similar player to Landry and is good insurance in that way (if Landry's knees prove to be a lasting problem). He's also 3 years younger and a much longer, more active defender.

  4. #169
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,166

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    Quote Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
    fatboy,

    Since Asik's status changed since you received my list of preferred players, would it be acceptable to replace him?

    I'm thinking James Gist. He's a bit redundant with Landry on the roster, but that's sort of why I like him. He has potential to be a similar player to Landry and is good insurance in that way (if Landry's knees prove to be a lasting problem). He's also 3 years younger and a much longer, more active defender.
    Already made the pick. We'll just have wait 5 years of him. I'm sure we'll still both be fans.

    But I wish I would have known that. 3 years ago I would have. It's crazy how much my knowledge of the NBA/draft world has fallen off.

  5. #170
    7-time NBA All-Star Dasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,763

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    Sonics select: Joe Crawford

    Spurs select:Josh Duncan

  6. #171
    Serious playground baller disco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    422

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    With the 58th pick Lakers select another athletic 3 (in addition tio Ariza) to give them an alternative in their weakest position, and choose: Patrick Ewing from Georgetown

    Ewing is an unbelievable athlete with pretty good basketball IQ. He developed troughout his last college season and in the end was one of Georgetown's best players. He has a good looking shot and pretty good range, he just hasn't been given much responsibility in Indiana or Gerorgetown - until the last few months of the season. His stats aren't great, but he showed at the draft camp that he is for real. Ewing is already someone you can throw in the game for 10 minutes any given night. He plays hard and has a NBA body, but looking him play you can't help thinking how much better he can actually still get.

    With the 59th pick Detroit Pistons select Victor Claver from Spain, one of the best talents in Europe, who I was really surprised to see drop this far.

  7. #172
    PhilLEEs 2011 Posterize246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    North Philly, PA
    Posts
    12,770

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    I really like the crawford,duncan,and ewing picks

  8. #173
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clutch City
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Already made the pick. We'll just have wait 5 years of him. I'm sure we'll still both be fans.

    But I wish I would have known that. 3 years ago I would have. It's crazy how much my knowledge of the NBA/draft world has fallen off.
    After the Rudy Gay / Shane Battier "situation" went down, I vowed not to get so involved in the draft. Of course, that didn't hold true and now here I am searching for every nugget of info I can find. And in the end, something completely unexpected will happen and we'll probably end up with some dude I've never even heard of. Oh well.

    So...it sucks that Omer Asscrack decided he'd rather play in the women's division or whatever. What a poon. Anyway, somebody should take James Gist here at the end of the mock. He is definitely capable of being an energy guy off the bench.

  9. #174
    McCants is Available!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eddie House
    Posts
    6,592

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    Celtics select Sean Singletary
    Last edited by Mr_Basketball#1; 06-24-2008 at 12:43 PM.

  10. #175
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,166

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    Good work, guys. We got it knocked out in a week, basically.

  11. #176
    7-time NBA All-Star Dasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,763

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    Grades?

  12. #177
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Birthplace of basketball
    Posts
    23,393

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    My picks:
    Milwaukee - Joe Alexander, Gary Forbes
    Indiana - DJ Augustin, Richard Hendrix
    Portland - Danilo Gallinari, Jamont Gordon, Ante Tomic, Alexey Shved
    Washington - Kosta Koufos, Kyle Weaver

  13. #178
    PhilLEEs 2011 Posterize246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    North Philly, PA
    Posts
    12,770

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    Bulls- Derrick Rose, Sonny Weems
    Sixers- DeAndre Jordan
    Cavs- Brandon Rush
    Jazz- Roy Hibbert, George Hill, JR Giddens

  14. #179
    NBA sixth man of the year
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,166

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    Miami: O.J. Mayo and Davon Jefferson
    Orlando: Mario Chalmers
    Houston: Donte Green and Omer Asik

  15. #180
    7-time NBA All-Star Dasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,763

    Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

    Dallas:Trent Plaisted
    Seattle:Michael Beasley, Goran Dragic, Serge Ibaka, Steven Hill, Joe Crawford, Bryce Taylor
    New Jersey: Russell Westbrook, Jason Thompson, Nickola Peckovic
    Phoenix:Mareese Speights, James Mays
    San Antonio: CDR, Anton Ponkrashov, Josh Duncan
    Last edited by Dasher; 06-24-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •