Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: who will go to LA to play with Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    maybe bosh? but lakers will have 2 betas.
    Lebron is also signing with the Lakers 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Deng is 28...not over the hill by any means.

Lakers made offer to Blake but he went for more money.

We have a shot with Thomas Lance and Deng....I hope we get one or two of those guys. They would play well with Kobe.
    Over the hill or not, I wouldn't throw that kind of money at him. And he's 29 btw.
    I don't like IT, I don't think he's starting material in a team who wants to go somewhere.
    I don't think Stephenson would work alongside Kobe but I really like him as a player.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Over the hill or not, I wouldn't throw that kind of money at him. And he's 29 btw.
    I don't like IT, I don't think he's starting material in a team who wants to go somewhere.
    I don't think Stephenson would work alongside Kobe but I really like him as a player.
    Stephenson would look great next to Kobe, would be a great compliment to Bryant's game and KB would probably reel Lance in a little to help cut down on the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenbeat
    IT2 wants around 8ish, and Stephenson will probably go for around 12. Okafor is a shell of his former self, so I doubt he'll cost much (3-4mil). I could do without Nick Young, but he's mentioned a hometown discount, so I added him anyway. He'd be first to go if the numbers don't work though. I don't think Hill is going to demand much since he's injury prone, and can't play starters minutes. Hawes just went for 5mil a year, and Pau might take the MLE wherever he ends up too - I'd be surprised if Hill goes for more than 4-5mil.

Gonna have to make some moves to free up some cash for another max player, but Nash will be off the books next season, so that's another 9mil. Plus the salary cap goes up another 3-4mil next season. Besides, I'm not talking about a supermax contract, but a standard max for a younger player should be possible if some moves were made. I guess I should've been more specific, but I just threw a rough lineup together that was somewhat realistic.

It's a tight fit, but totally possible.

You are aware that Hawes took a paycut to join the Clippers and could have gotten more from Phoenix right? Orlando probably would have given him more as well as Miami (or did McBob get the same $$?)

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA Lakers
    We have got two major free agents recently, Chris Paul, and Dwight, who turned out to be a bust and a terrible free throw shooter. I hope Kobe can stay healthy and efficient. What a shame, D Antoni was coaching him and not Phil. Still crazy to think it would have been Kobe, Chris Paul, and Andrew Bynum/Dwight Howard. That's a team that you could have built around and won titles with if you're Phil Jackson.

Someone mentioned Lance Stephenson. You got him, Kobe, Ariza, Deng. Thats probably too many forwards and wings but those are the only free agents I can think to go after.. Is Roy Hibbert available? Get him and Lance? Pair up with Kobe and Ariza. Or Kobe and Deng. Throw Gasol in the mix and all of a sudden you have a good starting five. The question mark is the other guard spot. If you get Lance Stephenson you put Kobe at the three and have him go to work in the post. Ariza or Deng would be a good fit for any team.

Who is the guy to match up to Russell Westbrook and Tony Parker and Chris Paul? Someone mentioned Eric Bledsoe? Buss family doesn't care about money but I don't know how this new cap space restriction works. That Time Warner deal was big. Obviously, Kobe's retirement check is huge. I feel there are some players out there, that are available, maybe not a superstar, franchise changing all time great AKA the next Magic or Jerry West or Kobe, those guys are NBA amd Lakers legends or eventual legends, in Kobe's case. But, a solid player for the team might be out there amongst the names in free agency, even all star caliber that can really make a difference these next couple of years for the Los Angeles Lakers.
    Not even a fan of CP3, but that "basketball reason" trade denial still sucks. It basically made us give up Odom and it messed with Gasol's head even more. The Dwight trade could have worked out if the Lakers having CP3 and Kobe would have convinced Dwight he's better off being Bill Russell than Hakeem. That team(CP3, Kobe, Dwight) would have been the next Showtime that Jim buss wanted and it's a damn shame for the NBA we didn't get it. Imagine that team vs the Spurs.

Lakers don't have enough money to get Stephenson, Hibbert and Ariza. Not sure if they even have the money for 2 of them and the Lakers still need a pg. Farmar and Blake left so we only have Nash(However long he lasts) and Kendall Marshall. I like the idea of Stephenson and Hibbert, if possible.

Marshall/Nash
    Stephenson
    Kobe
    Gasol/Randle
    Hibbert/Sacre

Good team defense is what you need to defend Westbrook, Parker and CP3. If they start knocking down jumpers too, then stick a 6'6 dude with long arms on him as well. Unfortunately, I feel it will be a moment before we get another great, but I think Kobe and the Lakers come back strong next year and fight to the playoffs.

Oh and Paragraphs my man, paragraphs

I don't think Kobe cares. He'll be earning 30M this year. He'll probably come back from injury in Feb so he doesn't even have to play that many games. He has physically and mentally checked out of the game and that's OK. He's been in the league for like 18 years.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

stephenson and Parsons are the players lakers should have gone after

deng is shit and will be in decline soon, no reason at all there

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
    Marshall/Nash
    Stephenson
    Kobe
    Gasol/Randle
    Hibbert/Sacre
    How would you get Hibbert at 15 Million. Then have space for Lance 10. Plus resign Gasol 8 (lowball offer) Plus you have Kobe at 24. Nash at 9+ Plus a few Mill for Randle. and Cap holds

That's not how the Cap works.

Great college starter