Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Rate the Miami Heat big 3 era

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Wow! A Kobetard talking about choking in the Finals. Kobe was one Shaq and one Pau from away from never making the Finals. Ever.
    What? Thats like saying mj wouldve never made finals without pippen.. shaq wouldnt have made it without kobe, wade or penny.. lebron wouldve never made it if he didnt have wade or bosh.. and earlier if he didnt play in one of the weakest conferences of all time.

That line of thinkings been debunked a million times here.. its just a nothing argument.

Dont see whats so bad about my ranking given expectations. The heat self proclaimed themselves a dynasty.. and they won 2 lost 2.. Kobe did more with pau and odom than bran did with wade and bosh in an even weaker conference.. and of course most said LA/Kobe would never win post shaq.. so given expectations they did even that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    What? Thats like saying mj wouldve never made finals without pippen.. shaq wouldnt have made it without kobe, wade or penny.. lebron wouldve never made it if he didnt have wade or bosh.. and earlier if he didnt play in one of the weakest conferences of all time.

That line of thinkings been debunked a million times here.. its just a nothing argument.

Dont see whats so bad about my ranking given expectations. The heat self proclaimed themselves a dynasty.. and they won 2 lost 2.. Kobe did more with pau and odom than bran did with wade and bosh in an even weaker conference.. and of course most said LA/Kobe would never win post shaq.. so given expectations they did even that much better.
    How did Kobe do more when he won just as many titles but made it to less Finals?

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    How did Kobe do more when he won just as many titles but made it to less Finals?
    making the finals is not much of an accomplishment out east.. 2011 and 2012 lakers wouldve had a very good shot at making the finals if they played in miami's place out east.

Dude, my point was that Wade wasn't Wade after '12. Bosh became a bitch who doesn't like playing in the post (he even said it himself). You really can't expect LeBron to win in '14 though. That Spurs team was an all time great team.

making the finals is not much of an accomplishment out east.. 2011 and 2012 lakers wouldve had a very good shot at making the finals if they played in miami's place out east.

They aren't getting past the '11 and '12 Heat. As a matter of FACT, they would've gotten curb stomped.

B+

LeBron: A-
    Wade: B
    Bosh: C+

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Dude, my point was that Wade wasn't Wade after '12. Bosh became a bitch who doesn't like playing in the post (he even said it himself). You really can't expect LeBron to win in '14 though. That Spurs team was an all time great team.

They aren't getting past the '11 and '12 Heat. As a matter of FACT, they would've gotten curb stomped.
    I said in miami's place...

From the hype with wade and bosh forming with lebron to be the best team ever, i give them a A-.

When accounting for what really happened with wade playing hero ball, and bosh going betamode, i give this an A+. Lebron had to will his team to win most of the time.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Based on their hype, B-

They could've realistically gone 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    Based on their hype, B-

They could've realistically gone 4/4
    No way they should have won this year, they got stomped by the Spurs. I feel like 2011 & 2013 are almost a trade off. The Heat could have easily swept the Mavs in 2011 but LeBron choked, and in 2013 they lose in the final 30 seconds of Game 6 99 times out of 100. So 2/4 is actually pretty indicative of how good they were

4 years 4 finals appearances and 2 titles = A+

3 titles = AA+

4 titles = AAA