Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Mike Krzyzewski: NBA is about marketing and promoting individuals

The spurs have sorta changed that with their whole 'team' offense.. involving ball movement and the such.. not just one dude dribbling the air out of the ball for 20 seconds and either getting a clear layup lane or hot potato'ing it otherwise..

Warriors have patterned off them as have the hawks.. extensions of the popovich 'team offensive system' empire. And they've got the best records in the league

shhhhhhh

Coach K is dead on

the NBA is a players league, individuals/personalities are heavily marketed over the team.. this site is proof of that, vast majority of player fans over team fans

college is all about the program or the coach that leads that program... with all the top players being one and dones there's no time to generate a solid marketing of an individual and add the fact that college BBall is pretty much a non topic until the tournament rolls around there's really no incentive to highlight a player over the program

obviously there's a kid now and then that generates some national noise for himself in college but that's rare

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Coach K was right, even though we don't know the context in which the statement was made. That's just the way it is, the NBA promotes the star player, the NCAA promotes the teams and the tournament.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Lol why does he care? Guy makes millions and his minions make zero playing for him.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by PejaTheSerbSnip
    Lol why does he care? Guy makes millions and his minions make zero playing for him.
    He was answering a question

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

Well it is a business first. Which is why Harden is going to win MVP

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    He was answering a question
    Oh okay. I concede that I overreacted then.

I'm a little anti-coach K so I just assumed he was being a a d!ck like hes known to be (IMO).