Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: that Spurs-Pelicans game on the last night of the season

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    It pissed me off...how lightly Pops took that game....and when the clipps knocked 'em out...... that CP3 shot in the final second....was like a stab to the heart of Pops

Karma for beiing an arrogant old fool.
    Easy now. Pop couldn't wait to get on vacation.

That cute motherfcker.

Learning to shoot layups Da Hammer's Avatar

Anyone know what was Parkers plus/minus compared to Mills in that Clipps series? Offense for them just flowed so much better when Mills was in.

They ruined it for everybody. Playoffs would've been way more exciting if they win that game and become the 2nd seed.

Spurs were IMO the 2nd best team in the league. They were playing at a championship level post AS break and were the only team that could've seriously gave the Warriors trouble.

They probably would've won it all when you really think about it. Their fans should be pissed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    They ruined it for everybody. Playoffs would've been way more exciting if they win that game and become the 2nd seed.

Spurs were IMO the 2nd best team in the league. They were playing at a championship level post AS break and were the only team that could've seriously gave the Warriors trouble.

They probably would've won it all when you really think about it. Their fans should be pissed right now.

Spurs were the only team I thought could prevent us from reaching the finals tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Da Hammer
    Anyone know what was Parkers plus/minus compared to Mills in that Clipps series? Offense for them just flowed so much better when Mills was in.
    iirc, Parker had the worst RAPM of the entire postseason (the stat isn't great when using such a small sample size but it does back-up what I saw), and Mills' was around 5th among PGs.

Playoff Box +/-:

Parker -6.5 (Jesus Christ, what an awful year, and what an awful player)

Mills +6.8 (second on team behind Tim)

We looked better with Parker on the bench in the 2014 Playoffs too (defensive effort everywhere on the court, Manu handling the ball as he's our best playmaker, optimal spacing), but at least Parker wasn't shooting 4% or whatever it was this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness

Warriors killed the Thunder. 3-1*

They rested Bogut and Iggy for that 4th game @ OKC, knowing Westbrick wouldn't even be able to lead his team to the playoffs, let alone win a game vs a full Warriors squad.
    Think Delladova is tough? Westbrook would have shitted on Curry so bad, they would have switched to anyone but Curry covering Westbrook. But Warriors still would have won, I'd say Warriors in 7 over Westbrook and friends.

Learning to shoot layups Da Hammer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    iirc, Parker had the worst RAPM of the entire postseason (the stat isn't great when using such a small sample size but it does back-up what I saw), and Mills' was around 5th among PGs.

Playoff Box +/-:

Parker -6.5 (Jesus Christ, what an awful year, and what an awful player)

Mills +6.8 (second on team behind Tim)

We looked better with Parker on the bench in the 2014 Playoffs too (defensive effort everywhere on the court, Manu handling the ball as he's our best playmaker, optimal spacing), but at least Parker wasn't shooting 4% or whatever it was this year.
    and people always try to say that he's on the top 5 pgs in the game No doubt in my mind that the Spurs make the finals with Mills getting the majority of the minutes. Hell even Joseph playing over Parker would have been an major upgrade. I remember Cojo balling his butt off early in the year when Mills was still hurt.