Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Why is clutch so overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyPls
    I know man, I am on your side here. Read my above posts.
    Half the people on here dont even watch the games(ala 3ball) and the other 40% are mentally or nearly mentally retarded.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    His "clutch" stats might look good but I have never seen an all time great player choke away a final like he did in 2011.
    I agree that he didnt perform up to his usual self, 18 7 and 6 wasnt the type of numbers he puts up. He was pretty efficient, dallas just made him pass the ball away with their zone and help defense. Cuban even said he made most of the right plays but guys(bibby, rio, house) couldnt hit shots. The only blemish on his career

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Exactly, and it is usually in reference to end of game plays, even though it could mean a lot of other different things. ITT I am calling the ones they specify: end of game plays, overrated.
    It's easier to remember a dramatic "clutch" shot. Hardly anyone remembers that Jordan averaged 40/6/8/3 in the 89 Cavs series, but we've all seen 'the shot' over Ehlo a million times.

imagery

Not airballing my layups anymore leijamoosa's Avatar

Clutch decides games on every level of ball if competition is about equal on the league. Most games are decided by less than 10 points, which we have seen evaporate in less than a minute of play. Bird >>>>>>Lebron and I would draft him over bron easy decision. His skills are no match to Larry Legend's

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leijamoosa

Clutch decides games on every level of ball if competition is about equal on the league. Most games are decided by less than 10 points, which we have seen evaporate in less than a minute of play. Bird >>>>>>Lebron and I would draft him over bron easy decision. His skills are no match to Larry Legend's
    Once again, no statistics, no facts, no numbers, just trite, agenda-laden bullshit.

NBA sixth man of the year

Why the hell is Kirby so damn defensive over Lebron? I mean, damn......

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Why the hell is Kirby so damn defensive over Lebron? I mean, damn......
    Bad day at the office. I'll settle down.

Not airballing my layups anymore leijamoosa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyPls
    Once again, no statistics, no facts, no numbers, just trite, agenda-laden bullshit.
    https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/sta...scoring-margin

The stats show that most of the games are decided by less than 10 points, easily catch-able in less than 2 minutes of ball. Pressure affect all athletes and even not just mentally but physically to be able to be as sharp in game 6 or seven of a tight series in the last minutes and continue to excel.

Everyone who has played ball knows a guy who was really good but somehow the not as good, but quite similar player always performs better and is more willing to make things happen when the heat is on.

ReKT
    [COLOR="White"]^^Just kidding[/COLOR]

3-time NBA All-Star

Clutch players shouldnt be 2/6. Clutch players loves the pressure. They love being underdog and taking the challenge. Thats the way of alphas. The way of real men. If you wanna stack the deck to make it easy, then you are not a real man. You arent clutch coz you hate pressure. So no. Clutch and 2/6 shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Clutch players shouldnt be 2/6. Clutch players loves the pressure. They love being underdog and taking the challenge. Thats the way of alphas. The way of real men. If you wanna stack the deck to make it easy, then you are not a real man. You arent clutch coz you hate pressure. So no. Clutch and 2/6 shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence.
    They should be 1/9 then they can earn the nickname Mr Clutch.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    They should be 1/9 then they can earn the nickname Mr Clutch.
    2/6 and 6/6 is all i care bro. Try again

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    2/6 and 6/6 is all i care bro. Try again
    we know