Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend

Default Re: Let's talk about the guards who played in MJ's day.

Quote Originally Posted by KembaWalker
    Someone find that stupidest things said on ISH thread, this thread got that potential

Yeah I mean Im sure Vinny Del Negro was as tough to get a last second shot off against as Dwayne Wade would be.

Theyre total equals. Everyone is the exact same. In fact, if anything, MJ's opponents were BETTER than everyone elses by far

#LegendOfMJ

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Guys, please. It is what it is. Jordan's competition was tidy and whitey, while today's players - Lebron for instance - play against the most elite athletic performers from around the world.

You always have to consider the era.
    It's true!

Banned

Yeah I mean Im sure Vinny Del Negro was as tough to get a last second shot off against as Dwayne Wade would be.

Theyre total equals. Everyone is the exact same. In fact, if anything, MJ's opponents were BETTER than everyone elses by far

#LegendOfMJ
    Sarcasm detected!

Got em bro!

Yeah, that makes up for the dozens and dozens of tidy whities he was going up against throughout his career.
    Yeah, imagine Lebron's stats if he got to face that in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Yeah, imagine Lebron's stats if he got to face that in the finals.

Bron in the 2011 finals is the epitome of choking. Dude wanted nothing to do with the outcome of games and deferred time and time again. Just look at that face. He didn't want to be there. Imagine MJ being guarded by Berera. It would've been like a lion seeing a wounded wildebeest. Just go straight for the kill.

Banned

Remember when Dan Majerle and Danny Ainge coming off the bench won back to back finals MVPs against Jordan?

Yeah... me neither

Bron vs a 77 year old Shawn Marion in the finals = less PPG than Jason Terry.

Jordan's shadow vs prime Shawn Marion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjo06p5zchg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmPu-JxJ9A

Last edited by DonDadda59; 08-21-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Remember when Dan Majerle and Danny Ainge coming off the bench won back to back finals MVPs against Jordan?

Yeah... me neither

He had peer that were good and some that had no place on the floor with him. So yeah he did get to feast on weaker 2s during his day. I think most atgs get that same benefit, couldnt really speak on the frequency though.If you really want to get to the meat of whether this criticism is even legit, you probably should see how many of his big games came against these types as opposed to against the better 2s from his era. That would be a telling study.

Stockton, Hornacek, Ehlo, Price, Paxson, Kerr, Majerle, Mullin, Ainge, Skiles, Del Negro, Barry, Barry, Piatkowski...

I feel like they probably played defense as well as Westbrook, Sefalosho, Butler, Allen, Beverly, Bradley.

Wrong; Jordan faced guys like Richmond, Starks, Dumars, Russell, Payton.
    There are others; those are all good to great defenders.

Michael always had problems with Mitch though; he was a pretty physical man to man defender that always gave Michael problems.

Plus there were ample amount of good defensive anchors back then so Michael didn't have an easy time scoring in the paint either.

4 decent defenders in almost 20 years?

Yeah, that makes up for the dozens and dozens of tidy whities he was going up against throughout his career.

Damn, imagine if today's top players could go up against Steve Kerr and Jon Barry. My god. A GOAT candidate like Bron wouod average 45!
    Uhm, Michael Cooper and Gary Payton were the last guards to win DPOTY award besides Michael Jordan.

Banned

Stockton, Hornacek, Ehlo, Price, Paxson, Kerr, Majerle, Mullin, Ainge, Skiles, Del Negro, Barry, Barry, Piatkowski...

I feel like they probably played defense as well as Westbrook, Sefalosho, Butler, Allen, Beverly, Bradley.

Why don't you actually start worrying about your own life? If you put in the same hard work in real life as you do on these forums you would get somewhere in your life instead of a part time shoe shiner.....I dont get you